FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

data recovery on unrooted galaxy a5 with broken display

504 posts
Thanks Meter: 183

Post Reply Email Thread
this is a project i sortof have taken on for fun, someone wants me to recover the files on a galaxy a5 2017 model, the screen is crushed i don't even know if theres touch input the phone otherwise seems to work fine the volume button makes a sound when you press the capacitive keys light up etc, i tried connecting it with a samsung dex dock nothing happens no picture, i tried booting into recovery and adb recognizes the phone with no issue so i can use adb, my pc recognizes it too but it's empty no files in it as i can't access the media transfer kies also gets stuck on connecting, so how do i do this? my first thought was flashing twrp on it and then using commands to pull the files that way but i have no idea how easy it is to flash twrp blindly on the phone and then try to access storage blindly.
22nd September 2019, 12:30 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 183

Donate to Me
More
what i tried so far

adb no use flashing twrp as oem unlock is not set to unlock
connect the phone and enable ptp this would work i was even able to blindly unlock the phone using a keyboard but i can't connect the phone to my pc while connecting a keyboard too it so i can press enter when the allow prompt shows up i assume enter will press the allow button so i hope getting a usb hub will be a solution
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)