We just published a new version of ringtext messenger, and looking for users who can test and give us feedback. All help greatly appreciated!
Your "missed call" on the receiver's mobile is your free ringtext "message"
Unlike Whatsapp etc, ringtext Messenger does NOT need your 3G/EDGE, Wi-Fi or any other type of (costly) mobile Internet connection to send and receive messages. With the ringtext-offline feature, chat fast en simple with your friends, even offline. And it’s unlimited. So say as much as you want all over the World.
Data packs don't last forever neither does the pocket-money. Yes, we've all faced the times when our smart phones lose all their charm without the data packs. But not ringtext. If offline, ringtext Messenger uses your "Caller ID" and "missed calls" to send and receive messages to your friends world wide and free of all charges!
Chat with your friends all over the world as long as they have ringtext Messenger installed and avoid those pesky international data costs. Must have for users in regions without mobile data, backpackers out of data coverage, as well as international business travellers seeking to avoid roaming costs.
All your ringtext messages (missed calls) are routed over Amsterdam (The Netherlands). Just let the phone ring, and watch the blue screen. Answered calls will be charged by your normal rate, so don't try to answer these ringtext calls, it should be free for you and your friends!
- small App size
- languages English, Italian (credits Gianluca Alfarano), Dutch, Russian (credits pavik62)
- 100% free no charge (direct or hidden), no pop-up ads.
- benefits are huge for kids without mobile data, backpackers out of data coverage, as well as international business travellers seeking to avoid roaming costs.
- Your Caller ID (CLI) must be ON
- ringtext messenger will NOT work on Tablets without Calling Facility.
- ringtext will work on DUAL SIM devices.
- If you have problems using ringtext (for example "CLI error"), please check with your operator the reason for changing your CLI when dialing IDD (International) numbers
- In order to chat or send/recieve ringtext messages with contacts, everyone must have the ringtext application installed and activated on their phones.
- Your friend's phone number must be in your Android phone's address book in order for you to start a chat. ringtext messenger reads your contacts' phone numbers from your phone's address book and automatically adds ringtext users to "Contacts on ringtext". If you cannot see your friend in ringtext messenger, please ensure that your friend has ringtext messenger installed on their phone.
- There is a button "Tell a friend" to invite friends. The invite/accept process could take 2 mins before contacts become black (synchronized) after being greyed out. In "settings you are free to speed up synchronization.
- Just "tab" on the contact to start instant chat, or "tab and hold" to choose from predefined ringtext messages, and send them with a Missed Call. All functions are also available from settings
HOW RINGTEXT WORKS
John starts to Call Rohan and quickly disconnects the call just after hearing the first ring tone to avoid (setup or call) costs. Rohan will notice this as a "missed call" from John, but understands his "free message". This is commonly used by millions of people as a way of communicating pre-agreed messages for free, because a missed call (unanswered call) is totally free of charges. In ringtext we use this missed call technique and made it look as visible messages. You get 100 customisable messages specific for offline use and exchange these messages all over the world with a 100% free missed call. When ringtext users reply, receivers get the message in the same conversation screen.
HOW IT COULD BE FREE?
We think that If Your App Isn't Free, Another One Will Be. We developed ringtext messenger for testing our missed call exchange technique in other industries. The missed Call technology is old, but not old fashioned. We still learn everyday from users. There are also lots of applications (yes we have more Apps pending) and our test-users liked it very much and asked us to make ringtext publicly available for daily use. We accepted the challenge, made a cool blue interface, and here it is. There is no charge, direct or hidden, to download or use ringtext Messenger. The App does not install any spy-ware or ad-ware along with it. It does not populate user's screen with pop-up ads. We know the App’s benefits are huge for many audiences, including kids without mobile data, backpackers (out of data coverage), as well as international business travellers seeking to avoid roaming costs.
No one wants to find a sky-high mobile phone bill waiting, because you answered the ringtext Missed Calls from your contacts. If we suspect that account activity constitutes an abuse of our system, the account will be temporarily banned from using ringtext. This user will receive a warning message in the app. We will also inform all his/here contacts. During the temporary ban the user will not be able to access any part of his/here ringtext account. You would be able to use your account again after you have contacted [email protected].
DOWNLOAD LINK: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id=lk.ringtext
- All worldwide operators and service providers are involved in handling the (missed) calls and in particular the originating operators and service providers only allow the correct contents of parameters to be transferred in the telephone networks. If you have problems using ringtext (for example you got "CLI error"), please check with your operator the reason for changing your CLI when dialing IDD (International) numbers? Or just turn on your CLI (Caller id)
Looking for your comments, questions, tips and contribution for translations in your language. Let's make ringtext messenger available to everyone in the world!
thanks, Igo (ringlabs)