3,321 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,294

By lj50036, Senior Member on 19th May 2015, 05:13 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
OmniROM for ME301t

About OmniROM
See what OmniROM is all about: http://omnirom.org/about/

What do you need
OmniROM is a custom ROM and to be able to install a custom ROM, you will need to unlock your bootloader. You can unlock your bootloader from the Asus website. Please be advised that you will loose your warranty.
  • You need to be on the latest 4.2 bootloader. If not please update to the lastest Asus stock ROM first, otherwise you might brick your ME301T!!!
  • To be able to install OmniROM you will need at least TWRP 2.8.5.0 or higher
  • You need to have TWRP or CWM installed
  • You will need a flashable GApps package
  • You need SuperSU if you want to have root access

See the Downloads part of this message for the needed packages

How to install
To install OmniROM please follow these instructions:
  • Flash the TWRP 2.8.5.0 (or higher)
  • Reboot into recovery
  • Do a factory reset / full wipe
  • Flash the OmniROM zip file, the GApps ZIP file and SuperSU ZIP file
  • Reboot the tablet and enjoy OmniROM

Downloads
Below are the files you need for flashing OmniROM:
To see the changes in the nightly builds download https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ster.changelog

Enjoy OmniROM

XDA:DevDB Information
OmniROM for Asus Transformer ME301T

Contributors
lj50036, hardslog, scanno
Source Code: https://gerrit.omnirom.org

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
Based On: OmniROM

Version Information

Created 2015-05-19
Last Updated 2015-05-27
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lj50036 Ad-Free

19th May 2015, 05:13 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag FUXDA

Donate to Me
More
GAPPS
AROMA GAPPS
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lj50036 Ad-Free
19th May 2015, 05:13 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag FUXDA

Donate to Me
More
ALL
The ROM is still in pre-nightly and by flashing it you are helping the pre-nightly Testing process

It may still have some bugs, spontaneously reboot, drain the battery faster or heat up a bit. The aim is to make it better and fix them.

If you find a bug and want to report it here please post a logcat (after it occurred) with a description of what you were doing at the time and the rough timing in the logcat to look at (these things get huge!).

You can also post a dmesg which is the kernel boot logs and can indicate issues with data corruption or hardware.

If you get a reboot then please post a last_kmsg from the /proc folder.

How to get a logcat

How to get useful logs

Thank you!!

Join us on IRC for a chat or if you have questions:

Freenode
#omnirom

There is no Q&A section for this rom as it is still in dev so you are ok to post your questions here!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lj50036 Ad-Free
19th May 2015, 05:59 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,099

Donate to Me
More
No more reservations :P
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hardslog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hardslog Ad-Free
19th May 2015, 05:59 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 281

More
A huge thanks to @lj50036, @hardslog, and @scanno for bringing LP to the ME301T !
19th May 2015, 06:34 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thanks for your efforts. I am very happy.

Enviado desde mi SM-P900 mediante Tapatalk
19th May 2015, 02:08 PM |#7  
Flag Braga
Thanks Meter: 4

More
@lj50036, @hardslog, and @scanno thank you for the magnificent work
19th May 2015, 04:10 PM |#8  
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 50

More
First, I said it before, but I will say it again, @lj50036. @hardslog and @scanno, thanks for all the hard work. The ROM is running great, no SOD either...YAY!!!
Now, stupid question that I most likely already know the answer for... I am on the 20150516 version already. I can just flash the -enforced version over it right? I don't need to do a clean install again do I? Thanks
19th May 2015, 04:15 PM |#9  
Flag Sulmona
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Twrp will format your old ROM anyway so no, you can't flash the enforced ROM over the existing one. Just do a dalvick / cache wipe and flash. It will be a clean install but you will still have all of your files in the Tab's internal memory. Gapps should restore all of your previously installed apps and settings.
19th May 2015, 05:27 PM |#10  
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 50

More
all my apps and such are backed up with Titanium anyway so will just install that app and go from there
19th May 2015, 06:23 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi guys,
I have a stupid question: I have TWRP 2.8.1 and i have already 5.1.1 (it was flashed with out any issue).
The question is - is it OK to stay on this TWRP or i will have a problems and better to update?
And the second: is it ok to flash from 2.8.1 to 2.8.6 via fastboot? (on the original site it is info that i have to update through 2.8.4, but where to obtain 2.8.4 for me301?)
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread