FORUMS

[ROM][KK 4.4.4] [ KatKiss-KitKat #036 ] [F2FS] [Floating + MultiWindow]

2,878 posts
Thanks Meter: 18,016

By timduru, Senior Member on 16th July 2014, 01:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from timduru: KatKiss KitKat - High performance rom for the asus Transformer TF300T
24th September 2014, 04:52 AM |#331  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
thanks
[QUOTE=timduru;55626691]Nope, unless there is some xposed module compatible with CM11 themes maybe.
I know there are a few xposed modules for theming out there, but never tried them myself.

Thaks for the quick answer! i will trie with xposed
24th September 2014, 01:58 PM |#332  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Hi,
I made it (was really freaked by the brick risk but everything went well).
I forgot to format \data to f2fs before installing ROM+GApps. Thus, I did a \data format (ext4 because TWRP didn't ask), it took around (30min) then change to f2fs. I re-did factory and reflashed ROM + GApps and finally Wipe cache/dalvik.
Strangely, at first boot (at language's selection), I had "Unfortunately com.android.systemui has stopped", made a reboot and everything ok.

I have two questions : firstly wipe cache was done with make_ext4.fs even if my \data is f2fs, is it normal ? Secondly, where "Unfortunately com.android.systemui has stopped" can come from ?

Thanks a lot !
24th September 2014, 02:35 PM |#333  
Thanks Meter: 248

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vif81

Hi,
I made it (was really freaked by the brick risk but everything went well).
I forgot to format \data to f2fs before installing ROM+GApps. Thus, I did a \data format (ext4 because TWRP didn't ask), it took around (30min) then change to f2fs. I re-did factory and reflashed ROM + GApps and finally Wipe cache/dalvik.
Strangely, at first boot (at language's selection), I had "Unfortunately com.android.systemui has stopped", made a reboot and everything ok.

I have two questions : firstly wipe cache was done with make_ext4.fs even if my \data is f2fs, is it normal ? Secondly, where "Unfortunately com.android.systemui has stopped" can come from ?

Thanks a lot !

Only Data are f2fs and the rest - Dalvik, Cache, System are ext4

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 via Tapatalk
24th September 2014, 03:02 PM |#334  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuraP

Only Data are f2fs and the rest - Dalvik, Cache, System are ext4

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 via Tapatalk

Ok thanks. Any idea about com.android.systemui ?
25th September 2014, 03:01 AM |#335  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
So glad I stumbled upon this thread.

My TF101 died it's final death a few months back from one too many drops. Loved that thing, especially in it's latter days with the KatKiss ROMs.

I was essentially given a stock Prime by my sister, but it was just....disappointing. I would never have went through the bother/risk of unlocking/changing bootloader and ROM if I hadn't seen that people were running KatKiss on the 201.

Now my TF201 runs like it should. It's very much like my sweet old tablet - somewhat faster, less creaky and less comfortable in the hands.

Thanks Tim.
26th September 2014, 09:19 AM |#336  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi there. Just installed and most of the things seem to be working fine. Just a few questions. Is there a way to get the day scene lwp back? And more important one - there seems to be no ntfs support. I have stored my backups on an ntfs multi-partition ext hdd and am struggling to get it work. Paragon is a workaroud, but i would like it to work out of the box. (on my previous omnirom it worked, on connecting, all four partitions were mounted and fully available). Any hope to make it work? Thanks a lot.
26th September 2014, 11:15 AM |#338  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesinek

Hi there. Just installed and most of the things seem to be working fine. Just a few questions. Is there a way to get the day scene lwp back? And more important one - there seems to be no ntfs support. I have stored my backups on an ntfs multi-partition ext hdd and am struggling to get it work. Paragon is a workaroud, but i would like it to work out of the box. (on my previous omnirom it worked, on connecting, all four partitions were mounted and fully available). Any hope to make it work? Thanks a lot.

Just try (for testings sake) Grimlocks v3 kernel for it scans filesystems first.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2603015
26th September 2014, 11:57 AM |#339  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by das chaos

Just try (for testings sake) Grimlocks v3 kernel for it scans filesystems first.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2603015

Well, just tried it. No luck. I still cannot access my ext HDD partitions directly and on top of it, with the grimlock kernel I lost some of the dock function keys (settings, touchpad togle, auto backlight).
How can I revert back to katkiss kernel? Do I have to flash the rom over again, or is there some easier way?
26th September 2014, 12:06 PM |#340  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18,016

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesinek

Well, just tried it. No luck. I still cannot access my ext HDD partitions directly and on top of it, with the grimlock kernel I lost some of the dock function keys (settings, touchpad togle, auto backlight).
How can I revert back to katkiss kernel? Do I have to flash the rom over again, or is there some easier way?

You can flash the KatKernel zip only: http://downloads.timduru.org/android.../K.A.T/kernel/
26th September 2014, 12:12 PM |#341  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timduru

You can flash the KatKernel zip only: http://downloads.timduru.org/android.../K.A.T/kernel/

Thanks a lot. The last version (016-t3) is the one, included with the last ROM version, right?
And please, i all my whining here, do you have any idea about how to make my ext. HDD work as it did on Omni ROM? Now I can access it only using paragon, which is not convenient at all.
Other than this, the ROM looks awesome, TY for your work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)