[ROM][KK 4.4.4] [ KatKiss-KitKat #036 ] [F2FS] [Floating + MultiWindow]

Search This thread

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
It's possible to install CM Theme Manager then ?

Which Xposed module or KK ROM can manage CM Theme ?

Crombi-kk, Pacman ROM or CM11 itself support CM themes if you want to use them on the TF300. If I'm not mistaken there's an xPosed module called something like HKThemeManager that claims to let you use themes on ROMs that don't have included theme manager, but not sure if it works on the TF300.

We don't make mistakes, We just have happy accidents.

oxytw

Jul 20, 2009
i am tf201 user, and i use katkiss 4.4.4#36 , but when i flash this zip
log : this package is for "TF300t" devices ; this is a "tf201t"

how can i install this rom

My bootloaer is ww_epad_10.6.1.27.1-20130711
Recovet is 2.8.7.2

is something wrong ?

i re-edit the update-scripe and resign ...
test ok but i think is not stable like katkiss 5.1.1

Last edited:

JuraP

Sep 7, 2008
Hmm, only way would be to edit description in recovery kernel. Don't know specifically where to look for ....

Sent from my TF201T using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Mongoose55

Nov 4, 2014
Bukit Mertajam
i am tf201 user, and i use katkiss 4.4.4#36 , but when i flash this zip
log : this package is for "TF300t" devices ; this is a "tf201t"

how can i install this rom

My bootloaer is ww_epad_10.6.1.27.1-20130711
Recovet is 2.8.7.2

is something wrong ?

i re-edit the update-scripe and resign ...
test ok but i think is not stable like katkiss 5.1.1
Hi oxytw,?
Have you tried to flash your TF201 to TF300T using Fastboot?
I had the exact message and I did just that and it worked.
You have to be on the latest TWRP Area51 version though.
I formated my Data to f2fs file format as its required.
Now my TF201 emulated to TF300T tablet is sweet and fast
and can run multiple windows.

Cheers and Regards
Mongoose55

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Hi oxytw,?
Have you tried to flash your TF201 to TF300T using Fastboot?
I had the exact message and I did just that and it worked.
You have to be on the latest TWRP Area51 version though.
I formated my Data to f2fs file format as its required.
Now my TF201 emulated to TF300T tablet is sweet and fast
and can run multiple windows.

Cheers and Regards
Mongoose55
I forgot to mention that I flashed the Grimlock 4.0 kernel in order
for the ROM to accept the emulated TF300T or otherwise it will fail

KASRU

Oct 30, 2012
Moscow
Hi,
Please provide me how to switch keyboard language by Dock Station on this firmaware.
I try <Crtl>-<Space>, <Crtl>-<Shift>. These keys do not switch the language.
[ROM][KK 4.4.4] [ KatKiss-KitKat #036 ]

KASRU

Oct 30, 2012
Moscow
Hi,
Please provide me how to switch keyboard language by Dock Station on this firmaware.
I try <Crtl>-<Space>, <Crtl>-<Shift>. These keys do not switch the language.
[ROM][KK 4.4.4] [ KatKiss-KitKat #036 ]
I found how to switch the language via the docking station.
Language & input -> Physical keyboard asusdec -> Set up keyboard layouts

RudeboyXL

Jul 22, 2016
Nelson
Ahh, old faithful. I moved back to this kitkat Katkiss and EVERYTHING works 100% again and flies with hundreds of apps on it. Think I'll stick with this. Post kitkat ROMs are just too resource heavy for the old TF300 and in order to use later android versions, you have to be willing to sacrifice a good 60% of what the tablet is capable of, so much so that my impression of android was slowly worsening do to the bad experiences. Kitkat really was the peak for android in my opinion and has reminded me that this TF300T isn't a waste of space, it just is when I put android 5/6 or 7 on it.

Credit to @timduru still for all the work he puts into getting the later android releases to run on the TF300T, but latest doesn't always mean best, especially when it comes to old hardware.

Reactions: desktopfusion
Ahh, old faithful. I moved back to this kitkat Katkiss and EVERYTHING works 100% again and flies with hundreds of apps on it. Think I'll stick with this. Post kitkat ROMs are just too resource heavy for the old TF300 and in order to use later android versions, you have to be willing to sacrifice a good 60% of what the tablet is capable of, so much so that my impression of android was slowly worsening do to the bad experiences. Kitkat really was the peak for android in my opinion and has reminded me that this TF300T isn't a waste of space, it just is when I put android 5/6 or 7 on it.

Credit to @timduru still for all the work he puts into getting the later android releases to run on the TF300T, but latest doesn't always mean best, especially when it comes to old hardware.

I was thinking of switching over myself! Similar story at my end.
Didn't know what to do with the tablet (until 7.1.2 #23 recently, that is.)

Currently the 7.1.2 #23 seems okay, but the battery dies out too quickly for me.
I don't know whether it is just the age of the battery, or the ROM, or a bit of both.

I do have the tablet on Performance governor and overclocked to 1600 MHz though. :p

Did you try the #23 before switching to Kitkat?
I have had to scheduled fstrim runs twice a day to keep it nearly lag-free.
Trim app doesn't trim the f2fs data partition though.

Can't use Chrome on #23 without waiting endlessly, have to use Lightning Browser / KatBrowser, which won't sync my bookmarks though.
I don't think I'll be updating to even the next one Timduru comes up with till comments assure me it retains its speed.

But I have missed not having Xposedmod on Android N. So there's that.

Thanks for the fresh review!

Last edited:

RudeboyXL

Jul 22, 2016
Nelson
I was thinking of switching over myself! Similar story at my end.
Didn't know what to do with the tablet (until 7.1.2 #23 recently, that is.)

Currently the 7.1.2 #23 seems okay, but the battery dies out too quickly for me.
I don't know whether it is just the age of the battery, or the ROM, or a bit of both.

I do have the tablet on Performance governor and overclocked to 1600 MHz though. :p

Did you try the #23 before switching to Kitkat?
I have had to scheduled fstrim runs twice a day to keep it nearly lag-free.
Trim app doesn't trim the f2fs data partition though.

Can't use Chrome on #23 without waiting endlessly, have to use Lightning Browser / KatBrowser, which won't sync my bookmarks though.
I don't think I'll be updating to even the next one Timduru comes up with till comments assure me it retains its speed.

But I have missed not having Xposedmod on Android N. So there's that.

Thanks for the fresh review!

Battery seems to last forever with Kitkat, LP/MM/N aren't even in the same league, I just love how snappy it is, I press the power button and the screen is on instantly. put PIN/Pattern in and unlocks instantly. No CPU spiking, just works. Never a moments lag. Yeah, I was on 7.1.2 v23, But I could see no difference to earlier releases, CPU hangs for a couple of minutes every time you unlock the device. opening apps lags fro 5-10 seconds etc etc, masses of games wont even run on LP/MM/N. Wifi ALWAYS reconnects even when screen is off. Xposed framework is always a plus also. to many things to mention. No regrets moving back. It was quick and simple also, since I just restored a backup.

Pdevo

Jun 13, 2012
Venice
Thank you very much for this ROM, It gives new life to my old TF300T.
Everything is working fine, running smooth, battery lasts all the day, amazing work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php
    KatKiss ROM
    attachment.php

KitKat 4.4.4​
    MultiWindow + Floating & Resizable Windows​
    Asus TF300T - TF201​

After a few years of success on the TF101, KatKiss is now available for the TF300T :)

This rom is an aosp based rom with my own additions on top of it.

The main motto of the rom being Kiss. Even though the Meerkat could give you a kiss, it stands for Keeps it Sweet and Simple too
    Which means that just like the other K.A.T stuff, the rom's main goal is efficiency, speed/responsiveness,
    while not adding bloated features that will slow things down :)

attachment.php
    attachment.php

DOWNLOADS:

Please note that this version is made and tested on the TF300T model.
    It is reported to work on the TF201 too as long as you use another kernel like the TF201 grimlock kernel.
    as I don't have a TF201 I won't do much support for the TF201 if you're having TF201 specific issues

ChangeLog: http://public.timduru.org/Android/KatKiss/4.4/ChangeLog.html
    Rom Source: https://github.com/timduru (branch katkiss-4.4)
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/timduru/tf300t-katkernel

--

Rom Main Features:
    Rooted
    Floating & Multiwindow support (see post #3)
    High speed and responsive oriented
    High performance and overclocked KatKernel included
    Built with Linaro GCC 4.8.3, -O3 & High optimization flags, Global LTO, strict-aliasing, c++11...
    Full Dock keyboard Support with full special/function keys support
    Global Keyboard Shortcuts / KeyOverride Macro association (See post #2 for more info)
    Search key quick launch shortcuts
    HDMI Support
    Battery Level Indicator & Dock Battery support + Mods (icon/Text/%)
    F2FS (with autodetection) , CIFS, ext4, NTFS & Exfat support
    Ethernet support with settings panel
    Wifi Hotspot
    Native Android FSTRIM + Manual scripts for Database optimization and fstrim (see post #2)
    Media Scanner Filters
    Choice between PhabletUI with left or middle aligned nav buttons, and multiple NavBar height.
    Immersive mode/Expanded desktop with the option to hide only the NavBar
    Auto immersive mode when docked setting
    Advanced power menu with reboot options.
    Advanced per application permission management (AppOps)
    Wifi channels regulatory domains
    Integrated cpu & io performance settings panel
    Custom Navbars buttons long press actions
    Custom Quick Settings tiles
    Trebuchet

Included KatKernel Main Features:
    -- Based on latest Asus 10.6.1.27.5 version.
    -- CPU Overclockable up to 1700, GPU overclock sysfs control (OC 520 by default) , uservoltage
    -- Built with Linaro 4.10 -O3 + Optimized flags
    -- F2FS /data partition auto detection
    -- governors: interactive pegasusq conservative ondemand powersave performance
    -- iosched: BFQV7r5, ROW, SIO, deadline, NOOP, CFQ
    -- FS: ext3-4, VFAT, NTFS, F2FS, NFSV3+4, CIFS
    -- TCP Congestion: illinois cubic veno reno bic westwood highspeed htcp vegas scalable yeah
    -- Asynchronous Fsync
    -- USB NET drivers
    -- lowmemorykiller: misc optimisations & fixes
    -- backports from more recents kernels (3.4,& 3.9)
    -- SLUB
    -- exposed SOS/LNX
    -- Restrict slave mountspace so Dalvik apps can mount system-wide volumes
    -- Misc optimization & fixes: cpufreq, block, mmc, i2c, sched, rcu, arm specific routines, ...
    -- Misc security fixes, futex, tty ...

Installation Notes:
    These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE TO INSTALL A COMPATIBLE ANDROID 4.4 RECOVERY!
    Latest TF300T Official TWRP 2.8 (F2FS compatible) : http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/97

• Backup everything !
    • Go to recovery
      [*]Make a full wipe / factory reset (you can skip this step if you're already on KatKiss-4.4, if ever you encounter a problem do the full wipe and try again before reporting )
    • Flash the rom
    • Flash gapps
    • Wipe cache/dalvik
    • Reboot

Credits:
    Thanks to the original TeamEos, Cyanogenmod & Omni for the work on their roms, BaNks, Guillaume Lesniak, jteagle, MWisBest, D4rKn3sSyS and Yanuar Harry for the original code some of the features are based onto.
    Original banner concept by i9apps, Bootanimation by mgeniusm, original drawing by BBF

WebPage
    How to report
    What to include in the report

Disclaimer: The usual ;)
    Use at your own risk, I won't be responsible for any damages caused to your Transformer or to yourself.
    In most cases if something breaks, flashing a rom on top should fix it.

XDA:DevDB Information
    KatKiss-KitKat, ROM for the Asus Transformer TF300T

Contributors
    timduru
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x

Version Information

Created 2014-07-16
    Last Updated 2014-11-13
    Must... Resist... Asking... When... Question... [emoji15]

Sent from my TF300T

:p
    attachment.php
    MultiWindow

Multiwindow allows you to split the screen in 2 vertically (while in landscape) or horizontally, you can switch an app back and forth between multiwindow mode and regular mode while it's running.
    Floating & Resizable window mode allows you to freely position the window and resize as many of them as you like.
    (memory will be the limit though)

MultiWindow

attachment.php

NavBar:
    - To switch between full screen and split View you can use the
    attachment.php
    NavBar Button
    (It will lay apps alternatively in one SplitView spot then the other.)
    - To change focus simply Tap on the app or use the
    attachment.php
    NavBar Button

Recents:
    attachment.php

- Clicking on the app Thumbnail works as before and displays the app fullscreen
    - Clicking on the app icon or the
    attachment.php
    icon will switch the app to splitview and lay it in "automode"
    (If you use automode when an application was set in a SplitView slot it'll be recalled to that previous spot.)
    - Clicking on the other icons will force the app to the 1st or 2nd SplitView slot.

Actions
    Actions to switch the app between fullscreen / splitview, switch between the 2 most recent apps and to force the splitview slot have been added
    so you can bind them to a key / key combination with the Global KeyOverride or long press action too.

Note: Most apps works ok in splitview mode, but some of them might not refresh correctly sometime.
    Same when rotating the screen while in splitview mode.
    To force a refresh simply tap the app or if you have 2 apps in split, just click twice on the switch to last app button:
    attachment.php

Floating & Resizable Window

attachment.php
    attachment.php

One Difference with the MultiWindow mode is that an app has to be relaunched to switch between Floating and non floating mode
    (you can however maximize the app through the button to get it full screen and click on the minimize button to get it back to floating mode)
    Also note that all apps might not behave correctly while put in floating mode, it kinda depends on the app.

To relaunch the Top Running application between floating and non floating mode, click on the new NavBar Button:
    attachment.php

Long pressing on the button will show/hide all apps currently running into floating mode. (makes it easy to bring them back and forth as needed)
    Global Actions have also been added so you can bind these 2 actions on other long pressing or Dock/Keyboard Key override in Settings

attachment.php
    With these icons you can maximize the floating app to full screen , minimize it back to floating mode, and close it.

attachment.php
    Using the menu button in the top left corner of the app, you can dock the app half size to the top,bottom,left,right side.
    To move the app drag the top bar around, it will auto dock to the sides when you drop it close to them.
    To resize an app freely, use 2 fingers pinch (like when you are zooming / unzooming) If the app is docked to the side, you need to undock it first by moving it away from the side.

To switch between apps you can also go through the recents screen, use alt right+tab, or the switch to previous app button.
    Clicking on the app icon in the launcher will bring it foreground too. (same if you associated a run application shortcut to the keyboard for example)
    Tips

Skype Calling
    Version 5.x broke calling support.
    If you need calls, you have to use an older version like 4.9.0.45564
    http://skype.en.uptodown.com/android/old

Wifi channels:
    Choose which channels are available based on your country in Settings => Wifi => Advanced => Change wifi regulatory domain

Hardware keyboard layouts
    More languages have been added in the default asusec keyboard
    Set the keyboard layout through Settings => Language & Input => asusec => setup keyboard layouts
    These also allow live switching without reboot with ctrl + space

Global Key Override/Shorcut Mecanism
    Available in Settings => Language & Input => Add Key Override Actions
    or in Dock Settings

This will allow you not only to redefine function keys assignment, and other special keys actions,
    but you'll also be able to assign global macro actions / app launch to any key + Meta key combination (shift Left or Right , ctrl..)

You can also add multiple actions to one key combination, simply click again on the "+" button for the same key combination.
    For example if you want to assign to one key combination a list of action to run before going to bed for example, like: turn wifi off, Bluetooth off, mute sound, and turn screen off, you can do that :)

Note that starting multiple applications with one key is kinda a miss and hit for the moment due to some mecanism in android that seems to prevent applications to start too close to each others.

CIFS & 3rd party Mount Apps:
    The Rom/Kernel have native support for them as long as you mount it outside or /storage/ and /mnt/shell/emulated/

Flash & HTML5 Video
    Flash is not supported by default on KitKat, you can still use it with Dolphin Dolphin Browser:
    Install Dolphin Browser, install or activate Dolphin JetPack in settings, install the latest flash plugin.

Sites are migrating slowly to HTML5 video use the default browser & other webkit based browsers for HTML5 video support

Storage (fstrim) and Database optimization:
    Fstrim is native in 4.3 and will happen in the background if your tablet is idle / sleeping and that your battery is > 70%
    There is also a script to run it manually in the rom: /etc/kat/optimizestorage

To optimize the Database: /etc/kat/optimizedb

To run both, open a terminal and run:
    su
    /etc/kat/optimize

Slow downs & Battery drain after a full wipe ? :
    Things to keep in mind after flashing with a full wipe:
    - Media scanner will need to scan everything again, it can take from a few minutes to hours or days if you have a lot of medias or medias that it doesn't like.
    During that process it'll use a lot of cpu and disk, and so can make things lag a bit and drain the battery until it's done.
    You can use the Media Scanner filters to speed things up and make it scan only parts that are really containing your medias

- After a wipe, it wipes your battery stats, if you don't flash while you are with a 100% full battery, the battery stats will be inaccurate for a while until it learns again your battery capacity.
    The battery can appear to drain faster because it doesn't know where your 100% is.
    (see here for tips on how to speed up the learning process)
    - Check that you don't have a rogue process eating cpu in the background. (run the top command)
    - Check that you don't have a process keeping your tablet awake

Window Animation Scale & Immersive mode:
    If you want to be able to drop down from the top to display the status bar while in immersive mode,
    the Window Animation Scale must be different than zero.

ART:
    ART is not supported for the moment, if ever you tried it, to go back to a working state you can either:
    - remove the file /data/property/persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib + clean cache & dalvik-cache & reboot in your recovery
    - or do a full wipe
    attachment.php

New rom version available: KatKiss-4.4.4_TF300T_035.zip

ChangeLog:
    -- Global KeyOverride: Add Detect Key feature to be able to redifine other keys (A-Z...)
    -- Global KeyOverride: Cleanup / Remove SpecialKeys + OtherKeys drop lists (can use Detect Key for those now)
    -- Quick Settings: Add Alarm Dynamic Tile
    -- Settings: update Russian translations
    -- rs: Fix bug in blur when processing odd widths
    -- Remove obsolete egl.cfg
    -- Replace background_holo_dark with dithered version to prevent gradient banding

- TF101: Add global REMOTE_SUBMIX
    - TF300T: /etc/kat/optimizestorage script: autodetect filesystem and skip fstrim if not ext4

- TF300T KatKernel 016:
    -- Set default cpu freq to 1500
    -- Fix cpu freq going over max_freq
    -- Remove Asus Cpu System Mode code
    -- Change balanced speed target to 70% max
    -- Allows freq scaling to use min freqs < 204 MHz for better battery life (default min freq set to 204 MHz)
    -- tegra video: backport 29 commits from kernel 3.4 : fixes & enhancements
    -- nvmap: page pool init + defer cache maintenance
    -- Add IP Multicast support

-- TF300T KatKernel Standalone zip initial support for other roms: Tim_KatKernel_016_TF300T_JB4.4.zip
    --- Prevent Phone apps from crashing
    --- Fallback to superuser if supersu not present
    --- Late execute K.A.T init to prevent rom from overwriting settings