FORUMS

[ROM]★[TF300 LP 5.1.1][ZOMBi-POP OMNI KANG RC1][JULY 28]★

1,724 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,109

By hardslog, Recognized Contributor on 24th January 2015, 07:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from hardslog: ZOMBi-POP 5.1.1 BETA!
31st March 2015, 04:52 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 1,051

More
Installing now, will report back soon.
Thanks again for doing what Asus can't!

They really need to hire you guys.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to c5satellite2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift c5satellite2 Ad-Free
31st March 2015, 07:22 AM |#102  

More
WiFi is not working for me. When I go to WiFi settings it is stuck at "turning WiFi on". I cannot toggle the WiFi switch either. I am on a TF300T.

Everything else looks good so far, quick and snappy. Both cameras work BTW.

31st March 2015, 12:38 PM |#103  
Flag FUXDA
Thanks Meter: 3,297

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c5satellite2

WiFi is not working for me. When I go to WiFi settings it is stuck at "turning WiFi on". I cannot toggle the WiFi switch either. I am on a TF300T.

Everything else looks good so far, quick and snappy. Both cameras work BTW.

On the new BETA1 ? Did you clean install ?

Thx Josh
31st March 2015, 01:19 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036

On the new BETA1 ? Did you clean install ?

Thx Josh

I can confirm that WIFI is not working, I just made a clean install of the BETA 1. Everything else seems to work perfectly.
31st March 2015, 01:35 PM |#105  
Flag FUXDA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sube74

I can confirm that WIFI is not working, I just made a clean install of the BETA 1. Everything else seems to work perfectly.

What kernel are you choosing ?

Post me a dmesg and a logcat .....

Thx Josh
31st March 2015, 02:46 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
UOTE=lj50036;59799085]What kernel are you choosing ?

Thx Josh[/QUOTE]

I used the _that kernel, I wasn't sure how to get the dmesg and a logcat, so that will have to wait till after Easter.
31st March 2015, 02:50 PM |#107  
Flag FUXDA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I used the _that kernel, I wasn't sure how to get the dmesg and a logcat, so that will have to wait till after Easter.

OK I will take look a myself... Install will the grimlocks lite and wifi will work ...

Thx Josh
31st March 2015, 07:09 PM |#108  

More
Quote:

Thx Josh

I used the _that kernel, I wasn't sure how to get the dmesg and a logcat, so that will have to wait till after Easter.[/QUOTE]

Same here _that kernel. I will try other kernel later when I get home. Thanks!

31st March 2015, 08:24 PM |#109  
Flag Львів
Thanks Meter: 615

More
Good day! May I ask if will be in the near future dock battery indication it status bar? Also there is a submenu called interface, but there are noting inside. Will be added in it some extended status bar and notification drawer features like battery percentage etc (like in CM12).
31st March 2015, 08:38 PM |#110  
Flag FUXDA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamor

Good day! May I ask if will be in the near future dock battery indication it status bar? Also there is a submenu called interface, but there are noting inside. Will be added in it some extended status bar and notification drawer features like battery percentage etc (like in CM12).

We will just have to wait and see how much can be added back in ...

Thx Josh
The Following User Says Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lj50036 Ad-Free
1st April 2015, 11:46 PM |#111  
Flag Chi-town
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Talking great work, a tad sluggish loading aftr 1st LONG boot...
First lemme say that i put in the 5.0.2 because this thread was named that (confirmed by my bookmark) and the file for v5.1 was a mirror link that one of you on irc pointed out to me. So my fault for not reading and today i see the thread is renamed so not sure when that was done but running the 5.1 beta with grimlock "light" kernel.

Well it is a tad sluggish especially when you reboot and it initially loads (after the 1st boot that DOES take a good 15 minutes). But i dont know if its my choice of kernel, the force GPU tweaks (some can be turned off in the options so i need to mess around a bit and see) but i just want to say thanks for all you guys and the hard work it must take to do this for us. I love my TF300T it really CAN replace a laptop with a minimal set of apps. I probably run too many widgets. I like how in settings thers a list of launchers and you can just set the one you want there. Clever. Im still partial to the ADW.Launcher but it just goes in the list. I will try out the ones i haven't tried yet soon. As far as setting the OVERCLOCK to compensate for the sometimes slow load times, i am thinking that since it's set at 1500 as a max by default,that a bump to 1600 or 1700 may help, but if i do that, would i not need to go into the other performance settings and look at overvolting? The raspberry pi 2 has 2 default sets of options (that keep the warantee in-tact) and one includes an over-volt of 2. I know that if i set 1700 that that is more like a speed-limit, right? it doesn't "force" the CPU to run at 1700, right? So what do you suggest to get rid of a bit of the sluggish-ness... take tweaks off? bump up OC if so to what? anything else? Also, can we flash different kernels without uninstalling? If so, how? I used grimlock light and i saw a lot of posts that people tried to use the _that kernel but lost wifi or other things... i suppose i figured the installer selected the defaults and it was up to us to ad tweaks and stuff...

So that was a lot of questions but my main one is what i can do to make loading apps a tad faster. Instinct says "Just OC it!" but i know that too high a limit can make it even slower (esp. on old P4's) But mainly i want to say thanks for having the most fun 5.1 for the TF300T that i have tried, and for the personal help on irc. You guys are cool cats, I am glad to have met you and am proud to be running your ROM. Any performance tips let me know, i usually spend a few hours a night on irc so I will see you all there tonight, if you are there. Thanks again,
~RiNGDiNG
The Following User Says Thank You to ringdingx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ringdingx Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)