Search This thread

Clamor

Sep 4, 2013
Львів
Nvidia Tegra Note 7
The Unlegacy Android Project

TF201 | TF300T/TG/TL | TF700T

Introduction
Unlegacy Android started out as the OMAP4-AOSP Project. It was created in late 2015 in order to maintain a clean and organized place for pure AOSP support for various OMAP4 devices, such as the Galaxy Nexus and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 series. Over time this evolved to support more than just these devices, but still maintains its roots of supporting "legacy" devices that no longer receive "official" updates: hence Unlegacy Android was born. In our opinion, these ROMs are how the official updates would look.

On top of AOSP, we only include changes which are necessary to support the hardware, be secure, and get acceptable performance. Current features for the Asus Transformer Series include:
- Linux kernel 3.4.y (currently 3.4.113)
- BFQ IO scheduler (official kernel 3.4 release), set up so GUI processes have the highest priority
- F2FS support from kernel 4.9 (for /data and /cache)

Installation
You must have NvFlash backup. It is MANDATORY!

You need to use modified TWRP recovery that works with updated F2FS. If you're planning to install GApps, be sure to read the second post!

Problems
Non working/Known bugs:
- GPS; - need a device owner to configure!
- Camera (both);
- Dock special keys (top row);
- Modem on TG and TL;
- GUI crashes; - occure less often

Currently, no one from Unlegacy Team, has TF300T/TG/TL device. Help in developing or device donation would be highly appreciated.

Downloads
See: http://builds.unlegacy-android.org. Our automated builds ensure that we always have the latest Android security patches merged in, without having to manually start and upload builds :) Else is enclosed in downloads.

Features?
There isn't much to say here - this is AOSP, if you install GApps, you pretty much get the same thing that's running on the Nexus devices (see the second post). The aim of this project is to create a fast and stable ROM - although, one could use Xposed (or similar) to add extra features.

As usual, feedback is appreciated :)

Contacts
You may join Telegram development group, where all fresh staff is published and tests are made.

XDA:DevDB Information
Unlegacy Android Project, ROM for the Asus Transformer TF300T

Contributors
Clamor, Ziyan
Source Code: https://github.com/Unlegacy-Android

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Bootloader 4.2 JB
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-02-18
Last Updated 2018-10-17

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180226-153224.png
    Screenshot_20180226-153224.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 2,798
Last edited:

Clamor

Sep 4, 2013
Львів
Nvidia Tegra Note 7
Installation gide (for those who uses F2FS)

Before installing ROM you need to update your current recovery with this TWRP, else you will get a bootloop with next format from fastboot. Install zip from your current recovery and reboot into your current system. Than boot into new recovery and install ROM (with factory reset).

Currently 3.4 kernel isn't stable enough for daily use. You may use updated 3.1 _that16 kernel, it works fine with this ROM. To make wifi work with _that16 kernel just move nvram_nh615.txt from system/etc to data/misc/wifi and rename to nvram.txt

You may use KatKiss 7.1 if you want, but you must flash a _that16 kernel every time after flashing KatKiss ROM. Else you will get a bootloop with next format from fastboot.

If you want to go back to ordinary TWRP, you need to make a format from fastboot, flash TWRP and make formats from there as well.

Last edited:

Clamor

Sep 4, 2013
Львів
Nvidia Tegra Note 7
REPARTITION and TREBLE

I worked on this for few last weeks to make it stable and simple enough to any user to install this update. As usual NvFlash is MANDATORY! TF300TG/TL users shouldn't use this as it can harm your tablet.

So, UA_Bootloader.zip includes latest JB4.2 10.6.1.27.5 bootloader, modified TWRP 2.8.7.4@AREA51 from Downloads section and my new partition table. It's main benefits are /system partition increased to 1GB and /vendor partition. This means that we may install bigger gapps packages and support of TF's may be extended plus having /vendor partition gives us at least hardware support for Project Treble, even if there is no 8.1 builds currently.

Before installation copy everything from tablet on PC, else all you data will be lost! To install this update just install it via TWPR and when flashing is finished press reboot into system. Than wait till blue line gets to the end and tablet reboots. Tablet will than stuck into ASUS screen with Device is Unlocked sign in top left corner. Than reboot manually into recovery and format /system to ext4; /cache to ext4 or f2fs; /data to ext4 or f2fs and you are good to go.

New partition table is compatible with all existing ROMs for TF's. If you flash ROM with system in .img file you need after flash into recovery do Wipe -> System -> Advanced Wipe -> Change or resize partition -> Resize filesystem. If you want to restore 4.2 state you can flash Stock or Bootloader 4.2 attached in Downloads section.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180508-194516.png
    Screenshot_20180508-194516.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 980
Last edited:

androidjel

Apr 24, 2012
How is this project going? and why you choose android 7.1? instead of the new android 8.0? because i would definitely want to help with a android 8.0/8.1 rom

androidjel

Apr 24, 2012
Last edited:

Clamor

Sep 4, 2013
Львів
Nvidia Tegra Note 7
I see tnx, what do you want to know or what do you want to have tested to help you?

and Btw which TWRP is that? i have the last one already installed.

Nothing, you may install Rom to see current project progress (If you have TF300T there will be no sound). For further developement test device is needed, or a developer with TF300T(better solution). Mostly all major functions are fixed, see buglist, and 3.4 works on all transformers on Tegra 3.

That is KANG TWRP with support of updated F2FS

TF300T users, if you are interested in further developement, please help me with debuging sound driver. I need a tester, with TF300T and some free time.

I am more than willing to be a tester if you want. Heck, I will even find a cheap TF300T to load only this on. My mornings are relatively free as my business doesn't pick up till noon or so. Just PM me specifics of what you need. Any more development for our tablets is a blessing as far as I am concerned

Clamor

Sep 4, 2013
Львів
Nvidia Tegra Note 7
@gs-crash-24-7 please write me in PM. Actually ME301t was supported at early stages of 3.4 bringup. I fully excluded it from board since I couldn't test it and Memopad parts made transformers board really messy. I had enough problems with TF stuff at that moment.

3.4 kernel porting and repartitioning before were just a dream, but now they are real. Memopad bringup depends only on your interest in it.

Last edited:

Clamor

Sep 4, 2013
Львів
Nvidia Tegra Note 7
Oreo 8.1

Yesterday I have quickly build 8.1 ROM for transformers. There doesn't work almost anything and I won't have excess to my TF201 for a while to fix stuff :( Rom can be booted with same requirements as N roms. Here is first build. Please don't post any issues/logs here from O for now. I know already about all major issues.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180812-090150.png
    Screenshot_20180812-090150.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:

AlphaDivxMovies

May 2, 2009
Figueira da Foz
Any possibility of sharing the 3.4 kernel supporting the ME301t...I have that little bugger and the latest software updates from my TV provider and Netflis like programs are all KK dead for the most part. Having unlegacy on the Me301t would be a dream come true and would avoid trashing this one and getting a new one just because I want to see some shows or TV. Thank you for your work. I will assist to the best of my knowledge.

Clamor

Sep 4, 2013
Львів
Nvidia Tegra Note 7
@AlphaDivxMovies nothing impossible, but first of all, I have no MemoPad and it's hardware isn't that close as my Prime is with TF300T. Second is that I put huge amount of my time and afforts in porting transformer board so I have no desire at all to do this once more time, I can help with suggestions but actual development will lie on your shoulders.

P.S. To just boot rom atm you would need only a kernel port, ROM is mostly compatible. Almost all drivers memopad uses are already included. You may contact @gs-crash-24-7 as well, he has memopad and if he agrees, than work in pair is much more simple.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have some good news. Here is mostly working Oreo build with issues from N + non working bt. I'm still working on fixing staff so this isn't last build.

P.S. Remove system/lib/hw/bluetooth.default.so to avoid constant bt crash
    The Unlegacy Android Project

TF201 | TF300T/TG/TL | TF700T

Introduction
    Unlegacy Android started out as the OMAP4-AOSP Project. It was created in late 2015 in order to maintain a clean and organized place for pure AOSP support for various OMAP4 devices, such as the Galaxy Nexus and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 series. Over time this evolved to support more than just these devices, but still maintains its roots of supporting "legacy" devices that no longer receive "official" updates: hence Unlegacy Android was born. In our opinion, these ROMs are how the official updates would look.

On top of AOSP, we only include changes which are necessary to support the hardware, be secure, and get acceptable performance. Current features for the Asus Transformer Series include:
    - Linux kernel 3.4.y (currently 3.4.113)
    - BFQ IO scheduler (official kernel 3.4 release), set up so GUI processes have the highest priority
    - F2FS support from kernel 4.9 (for /data and /cache)

Installation
    You must have NvFlash backup. It is MANDATORY!

You need to use modified TWRP recovery that works with updated F2FS. If you're planning to install GApps, be sure to read the second post!

Problems
    Non working/Known bugs:
    - GPS; - need a device owner to configure!
    - Camera (both);
    - Dock special keys (top row);
    - Modem on TG and TL;
    - GUI crashes; - occure less often

Currently, no one from Unlegacy Team, has TF300T/TG/TL device. Help in developing or device donation would be highly appreciated.

Downloads
    See: http://builds.unlegacy-android.org. Our automated builds ensure that we always have the latest Android security patches merged in, without having to manually start and upload builds :) Else is enclosed in downloads.

Features?
    There isn't much to say here - this is AOSP, if you install GApps, you pretty much get the same thing that's running on the Nexus devices (see the second post). The aim of this project is to create a fast and stable ROM - although, one could use Xposed (or similar) to add extra features.

As usual, feedback is appreciated :)

Contacts
    You may join Telegram development group, where all fresh staff is published and tests are made.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unlegacy Android Project, ROM for the Asus Transformer TF300T

Contributors
    Clamor, Ziyan
    Source Code: https://github.com/Unlegacy-Android

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Bootloader 4.2 JB
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-02-18
    Last Updated 2018-10-17
    TF300T users, if you are interested in further developement, please help me with debuging sound driver. I need a tester, with TF300T and some free time.

I am more than willing to be a tester if you want. Heck, I will even find a cheap TF300T to load only this on. My mornings are relatively free as my business doesn't pick up till noon or so. Just PM me specifics of what you need. Any more development for our tablets is a blessing as far as I am concerned
    Oreo 8.1

Yesterday I have quickly build 8.1 ROM for transformers. There doesn't work almost anything and I won't have excess to my TF201 for a while to fix stuff :( Rom can be booted with same requirements as N roms. Here is first build. Please don't post any issues/logs here from O for now. I know already about all major issues.
    I would love to help debugging, testing and developing. I'm currently in possession of a tf300t with dock and an me301t. Do you think it will be possible to port this to the ME301t?