FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE/TUTORIAL] Asus Transformer Pad TF300T Any version to Android 7.1 Nougat

393 posts
Thanks Meter: 275
 
By djibe89, Senior Member on 11th February 2017, 03:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th September 2019, 06:07 PM |#231  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 275
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinatl

The upgrade worked and the tablet is working better than it ever has. THANK YOU!

A self-induced problem left me missing several of the core. pre-installed apps, and I have no backup from which to restore. E.g., I am missing File Explorer, but I do have Camera, Calculator and KatBrowser.

I've downloaded Es File Explorer and a few other apps, but where can I find all of the original apps? (many of which I probably don't want or need)

Unrelated question: often when I move around a screen with one finger, the tablet thinks I am requesting zoom. This doesn't happen with the attached keyboard/touchpad.

Hi, it looks like ROM flash was not successful or maybe the ROM package was incomplete.

* Download once again latest v38 ROM.
* Copy to internal storage, reboot to TWRP and flash again the ROM (don't worry about your data).
* Wipe dalvik/cache
* reboot and wait during long reboot
* Tell me about your success/failure
7th September 2019, 11:15 PM |#232  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djibe89

Hi, it looks like ROM flash was not successful or maybe the ROM package was incomplete.

* Download once again latest v38 ROM.
* Copy to internal storage, reboot to TWRP and flash again the ROM (don't worry about your data).
* Wipe dalvik/cache
* reboot and wait during long reboot
* Tell me about your success/failure

Thanks, but looking at at the Apps folder in KatKiss-7.1_TF300T_038.zip, it appears I might have all the apps (except maybe File Explorer) that were included.

I think the original tablet included a few games and some Asus-specific apps. Do you know of a source where I could download all of the original apps?
9th September 2019, 06:19 PM |#233  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 275
 
More
@chrisinatl . I'm afraid I don't know how to obtain these.
But why not try other apps that achieve the same goal ?
The Following User Says Thank You to djibe89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djibe89 Ad-Free
24th September 2019, 06:57 AM |#234  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi all

I am about to try this, and have a few questions:

1) In "Section 2" the part on "Windows 8/10" - is this meant to be done on a PC? Apologies for the perhaps stupid question, but this is my first time.

2) I haven't used my pad in years, and realised that I have "cyanogenmod" flashed/installed - can I still follow this tutorial?

3) Finally, maybe some of you have experienced this - I am unable to force my tablet to restart. Whether it is factory reset, or normal reset, the tablet shuts down but does not start up automatically (as it should do in a reset) - I have to power it on manually. In a factory reset, it doesn't actually perform the reset, as when I power it on it only does a normal power on - nothing is reset.

Thanks a lot!
27th September 2019, 11:58 AM |#235  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 275
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuerebx

Hi all

I am about to try this, and have a few questions:

1) In "Section 2" the part on "Windows 8/10" - is this meant to be done on a PC? Apologies for the perhaps stupid question, but this is my first time.

2) I haven't used my pad in years, and realised that I have "cyanogenmod" flashed/installed - can I still follow this tutorial?

3) Finally, maybe some of you have experienced this - I am unable to force my tablet to restart. Whether it is factory reset, or normal reset, the tablet shuts down but does not start up automatically (as it should do in a reset) - I have to power it on manually. In a factory reset, it doesn't actually perform the reset, as when I power it on it only does a normal power on - nothing is reset.

Thanks a lot!

Hi, here are some answers :
1) Use a PC or a Mac but use Windows as Operating System
2) Yes you can upgrade your tab to LOS 14.1
When you boot tab, is bootloader unlocked printed on top of tab ?
If so, you can skip the bootloader flash.

3) Could be caused by : bootloader still locked, or too old ROM like CM you have.

Tell us about your success with the tab.
27th September 2019, 12:06 PM |#236  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thank you so much for replying!

2) Bootloader unlocked is in fact present when booting the tab, so I can skip this part.
3) So, any remedies or am I stuck with no reset option?

Thanks!
27th September 2019, 12:25 PM |#237  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 275
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuerebx

Thank you so much for replying!

2) Bootloader unlocked is in fact present when booting the tab, so I can skip this part.
3) So, any remedies or am I stuck with no reset option?

Thanks!

2) Yes you can
3) After unlocking bootloader and flashing TWRP recovery, you SHOULD NEVER USE BUILT-IN FACTORY RESET.
Use TWRP to wipe partitions.
The Following User Says Thank You to djibe89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djibe89 Ad-Free
27th September 2019, 12:53 PM |#238  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Then I most probably mucked it up trying to factory reset...I will see how to use TWRP if it helps to rectify the situation.
Today, 05:43 AM |#239  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Don't want to be a negative Nancy here, just looking for some updates on this. Several years later, I still have a TF300T sitting on my shelf unused. I've tried 5 or 6 different builds on this tablet over the years and unfortunately have yet to find one that allows this tablet to actually be useful. Sad to report, even the bone stock original ROM this tablet came with rendered this device less than useful. I legitimately regret spending over $500 on this thing. Browsing web pages or using a reddit app is out of the realm of useful on this thing, in my opinion. WAY too slow.

That said... Can anyone report how functional it'll be with this build? Will it actually do things in a moderately responsive manor? Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 7, bootloader, tf300t, transformer pad 300, tutorial

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes