FORUMS

TF300TG after flash nougat 7.1 not boot

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Giangi_TF300TG, Junior Member on 29th March 2020, 02:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Goodmorning everyone
I have a problem on my TF300TG which I picked up from my drawer after a while
I upgraded to 7.1 nougat following the instructions given in the letter (very clear) but now my tablet does not start the system, I explain better:
it turns on and the writing unlock remains The device is unlocked with the ASUS logo in the Center but does not start.
I can go back to recover twrp at any time and reflect what I have repeated several times even with different versions but I always have the same problem.
I can also re-revise the original flash blob and start again
29th March 2020, 06:19 PM |#2  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 424

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giangi_TF300TG

I upgraded to 7.1 nougat following the instructions given in the letter (very clear) but now my tablet does not start the system, I explain better:
it turns on and the writing unlock remains The device is unlocked with the ASUS logo in the Center but does not start.
I can go back to recover twrp at any time.

First of all format data through Kang TWRP recovery. It may take until one hour. Be patient. Let it run. After that install rom, SUSuperuser and pico Gapps in one run.
The Following User Says Thank You to ebonit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ebonit Ad-Free
29th March 2020, 09:40 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Not boot again
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonit

First of all format data through Kang TWRP recovery. It may take until one hour. Be patient. Let it run. After that install rom, SUSuperuser and pico Gapps in one run.

I just finished the procedure that you suggested that it did not return me errors but does not boot.
just restarted of the recovery mode updates the twrp restarts and remains nailed on the Asus screen if I want I can restart in recovery.
Any other suggestions?
30th March 2020, 10:38 AM |#4  
Flag Berlin

More
Quote:

I just finished the procedure that you suggested that it did not return me errors but does not boot.
just restarted of the recovery mode updates the twrp restarts and remains nailed on the Asus screen if I want I can restart in recovery.
Any other suggestions?

Yes, you should do carefully a Buster99: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...3&postcount=12
This procedure brings you back on a clean stock rom Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. Then you have to flash Kang TWRP firstly.
PS: Attention! If you restart in recovery with the 3 icons, never touch the third one in order to "Wipe Data". It bricks your device!
30th March 2020, 09:47 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Yes, you should do carefully a Buster99: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...3&postcount=12
This procedure brings you back on a clean stock rom Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. Then you have to flash Kang TWRP firstly.
PS: Attention! If you restart in recovery with the 3 icons, never touch the third one in order to "Wipe Data". It bricks your device!

The factory reset has been done correctly the system has restarted correctly after reinserting the nougant yet the system does not boot the only thing that has changed and that now reboots into the loop by returning to the asus screen repeatedly
31st March 2020, 09:23 AM |#6  
Flag Berlin

More
Quote:

The factory reset has been done correctly the system has restarted correctly after reinserting the nougant yet the system does not boot the only thing that has changed and that now reboots into the loop by returning to the asus screen repeatedly

It seems there has been a big misunderstanding by you. I advised to format data through Kang TWRP, but you did a factory reset, didn't you?.
Too many people mix up wipes and formats. Format only data means, not factory reset, not wipe - you format it ext4, then convert it to f2fs. Formatting in Kang TWRP takes until 1 hour. If it went faster you did not format. Kang TWRP does a deep format that rewrites everything in the partition. No moldy leftovers.
Now your device is in a boot loop, but not bricked. So doing a Buster99 is the only way to solve the problem. If you need help with fastboot, head over to the General section. Download and install "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" on your PC.
31st March 2020, 08:52 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

It seems there has been a big misunderstanding by you. I advised to format data through Kang TWRP, but you did a factory reset, didn't you?.
Too many people mix up wipes and formats. Format only data means, not factory reset, not wipe - you format it ext4, then convert it to f2fs. Formatting in Kang TWRP takes until 1 hour. If it went faster you did not format. Kang TWRP does a deep format that rewrites everything in the partition. No moldy leftovers.
Now your device is in a boot loop, but not bricked. So doing a Buster99 is the only way to solve the problem. If you need help with fastboot, head over to the General section. Download and install "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" on your PC.

Excuse me surely I did not understand here now I follow your advice step by step.
Now I'm running a buster99 but I don't need ADB, I already have a fastboot working.
PS that is I'm starting fastboot not from adb but from a folder on my pc that is executing the buster commands
Then what do I reinsert the right Kang bootloader?
Excuse my ignorance
31st March 2020, 09:09 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Excuse me surely I did not understand here now I follow your advice step by step.
Now I'm running a buster99 but I don't need ADB, I already have a fastboot working.
PS that is I'm starting fastboot not from adb but from a folder on my pc that is executing the buster commands
Then what do I reinsert the right Kang bootloader?
Excuse my ignorance

Now my system is restarted with the original rom I reinsert twrp_tf300t_kang_2.8.7.2.img,
after how do I proceed?
The Following User Says Thank You to Giangi_TF300TG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Giangi_TF300TG Ad-Free
31st March 2020, 09:40 PM |#9  
Flag Berlin

More
Quote:

Now my system is restarted with the original rom I reinsert twrp_tf300t_kang_2.8.7.2.img,
after how do I proceed?

Congratulations, good job!
Please look here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/tra...-twrp-t3046479
1st April 2020, 04:53 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Congratulations, good job!
Please look here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/tra...-twrp-t3046479

I have already inserted this twrp tf300t kang 2.8.7.2.img, through fastboot do I have to do it with the linux procedure?
the system now has boot recovery and starts normally with the old system.

Now that I do I have to delete the given partition or do I flash the three roms?
1st April 2020, 07:06 PM |#11  
Flag Berlin

More
Quote:

I have already inserted this twrp tf300t kang 2.8.7.2.img, through fastboot do I have to do it with the linux procedure?
the system now has boot recovery and starts normally with the old system. What does old system mean?

I'm sorry, but it is not easy to understand what you did. As far as I know your device is on stock rom Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. Correct?
The next step should be to flash (not insert!) "twrp_tf300t_kang_2.8.7.2_signed.zip" via fastboot. The command is: "fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery foo.img". Replace foo.img with the recovery image name! Did you?

If yes, you may start the device into recovery. Kang TWRP should start. After that install through TWRP Nougatella #39, pico Gapps and Super SU from the external memory of your device in one run. That's it!
Please pay attention you did download the newest versions in post #1: https://forum.xda-developers.com/tra...t/rom-t3453702 !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)