FORUMS

TF303CL boot fail

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By mucden1, Junior Member on 17th September 2019, 10:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi!

Unfortunately there is no topic for Asus Tf303CL, but since it is the member of the TF3xx family I hope this post can stay here.

The problem is, that I'm stuck at the Asus boot (static white) logo and can't go further in booting.
I've tried ADB, but there's no response on the "adb devices" command.
I've also tried fastboot, but only two commands are woriking:
"fastboot devices" comes back with an alphanumeric number and
"fastboot continue" turns off the tablet.
The other fastboot commands are returning with the message "fastboot failed <remote failure>"

So finally I've found some hints that maybe with xFSTK I would able to fix fastboot, then with the Asus Flast Tool I supposed to be able to flash the stock raw rom (which I've already done before).

But unfortunately xFSTK is ether not working (no communication) or I'm using it wrong. As far as I know TF303CL has Intel SoC with Baytrail platform, so I used the Baytrail B0 tab in xFSTK and I've loaded the *ifwi*.bin file which I found in the stock raw rom.
Is this the right way to fix fastboot or I have to do something else? Or the tablet may has hardware defect?
19th September 2019, 12:08 PM |#2  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 428

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mucden1

Hi!
Unfortunately there is no topic for Asus Tf303CL, but since it is the member of the TF3xx family I hope this post can stay here.

I think it was a good idea to open this thread. To my mind your device is really very close related to TF300T and TF700T. The OS is Android 4.4. So it might be worth to attempt to flash a CR like "KatKiss - Nougatella"
But before you may start is to clarify following:
1. Is the bootloader on your device unlocked?
2. Is there already any custom recovery like TWRP on your device?
3. Can you boot into fastboot protocol by holding Power on and Volume down together?
If you cannot get access neither through ADB or Fastboot, your device is bricked for good. Sorry!
20th September 2019, 06:28 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
I have no idea. It bought it brand new, but I already had to debrick it once with Asus Flash Tool about a year ago. So raw firmware was flashed. I don't know whether flashing a raw rom with AFT requires unlocked bootloader or not.
2. Is there already any custom recovery like TWRP on your device?
As far as I know it has stock recovery.
3. Can you boot into fastboot protocol by holding Power on and Volume down together?
I think Power on & Vol down is the key combination for recovery mode. Power on & Vol up is the combination for fastboot. I can't access to recovery, but fastboot may partially work.
If you cannot get access neither through ADB or Fastboot, your device is bricked for good. Sorry!
Whit adb
Code:
 adb devices
command has no response. With fastboot I have a response on the
Code:
fastboot devices
command, it returns some kind of an id. Beside this
Code:
fastboot continue
makes the device to turn off. Other fastboot commands (as I wrote) are returning with the "fastboot failed <remote failure>" response.
These are what I have tried so far:
reboot, reboot bootloader, update, flash (several images), erase cache, erase data
20th September 2019, 08:34 AM |#4  
Flag Berlin

More
Quote:

I have no idea. It bought it brand new, but I already had to debrick it once with Asus Flash Tool about a year ago. So raw firmware was flashed. I don't know whether flashing a raw rom with AFT requires unlocked bootloader or not.

People usually unlock their bootloader to root their device or install Custom ROM on it. I think your bootloader is still locked. On the other side in the left above corner of the dark screen should appear the hint "the device is unlocked" during the boot process.
For the TF300xx family there is an Asus unlock tool V8 available. I don't know if it is useable for your device. Please call Asus support and ask them about that. On the other hand there is a tutorial here: https://qitapso.com/how-to-unlock-as...cl-bootloader/
20th September 2019, 11:25 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Should I try to unlock the bootloader?
20th September 2019, 04:23 PM |#6  
Flag Berlin

More
Quote:

Should I try to unlock the bootloader?

Of course!
But it's on your own risk. You have to make the decision yourself.
13th November 2019, 07:18 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonit

Of course!
But it's on your own risk. You have to make the decision yourself.

The link above goes to "AutorootTools" which is not a real sw, only promising download after an unwanted and long survey. I consider it as a dangerous site.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)