[ROM][AOSP][7.1/8.1 EXP][K3.4][Repartition] Unlegacy Android Project

341 posts
Thanks Meter: 596

By Clamor, Senior Member on 10th April 2018, 07:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The Unlegacy Android Project

TF201 | TF300T/TG/TL | TF700T

Introduction
Unlegacy Android started out as the OMAP4-AOSP Project. It was created in late 2015 in order to maintain a clean and organized place for pure AOSP support for various OMAP4 devices, such as the Galaxy Nexus and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 series. Over time this evolved to support more than just these devices, but still maintains its roots of supporting "legacy" devices that no longer receive "official" updates: hence Unlegacy Android was born. In our opinion, these ROMs are how the official updates would look.

On top of AOSP, we only include changes which are necessary to support the hardware, be secure, and get acceptable performance. Current features for the Asus Transformer Series include:
- Linux kernel 3.4.y (currently 3.4.113)
- BFQ IO scheduler (official kernel 3.4 release), set up so GUI processes have the highest priority
- F2FS support from kernel 4.9 (for /data and /cache)

Installation
You must have NvFlash backup. It is MANDATORY!

You need to use modified TWRP recovery that works with updated F2FS. It's important that /system needs to be unmounted before installing the ROM - some recoveries tend to leave it mounted after performing operations on it.

If you're planning to install GApps, be sure to read the second post!

Problems
Non working/Known bugs:
ROM is untested, if you want to help with test, PM me. On other TF's known bugs are:
- GPS;
- Bluetooth;
- Camera (both);
- Some dock special keys;
- GUI crashes;

Currently, noone from Unlegacy Team, has TF700T device. Help in developing or device donation would be highly appreciated.

Downloads
Will appear in near future

Features?
There isn't much to say here - this is AOSP, if you install GApps, you pretty much get the same thing that's running on the Nexus devices (see the second post). The aim of this project is to create a fast and stable ROM - although, one could use Xposed (or similar) to add extra features.

As usual, feedback is appreciated

Contacts
You may join Telegram development group, where all fresh staff is published and tests are made.

XDA:DevDB Information
Unlegacy Android Project, ROM for the Asus Transformer TF700

Contributors
Clamor, Ziyan
Source Code: https://github.com/Unlegacy-Android

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Bootloader 4.2 JB
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-04-10
Last Updated 2018-08-24
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Clamor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Clamor Ad-Free
10th April 2018, 07:42 PM |#4  
Flag Mid-Atlantic
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Not to beat a dead horse, but is there a technical problem with 8.0/Go that negates it from working on out TF700s, I'm running KatKiss 7.1 and so far I like it, but would love to see if there any performance gains to be had from 8.0.

NP
10th April 2018, 08:26 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Львів

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nektopoli

Not to beat a dead horse, but is there a technical problem with 8.0/Go that negates it from working on out TF700s, I'm running KatKiss 7.1 and so far I like it, but would love to see if there any performance gains to be had from 8.0.

NP

8.1 isn't a problem at all (at least for Unlegacy), but to have a good experience we need a stable 7.1
23rd July 2018, 08:28 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Львів

More
Since noone is interested in this project (no testers) it is TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED.
The Following User Says Thank You to Clamor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Clamor Ad-Free
29th September 2018, 05:36 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I am interested
29th September 2018, 11:30 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I'm interested too.
30th September 2018, 10:51 PM |#9  
Flag Metro Detroit
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I know it's late, but I can test also. I'd love to try an Oreo ROM.
1st October 2018, 08:46 AM |#10  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 391

Donate to Me
More
would also be interested in Android Oreo on our good old Transformer
1st October 2018, 01:08 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by megaequs

would also be interested in Android Oreo on our good old Transformer