The Stable ET v2.0 for Cromi X!

Search This thread

LetMeKnow

Jun 17, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Installed on my tf201 with voltage and gpu speed adjustments, OC on the cpu is not working the max is 1400, but running fine so far

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

How did you change your OC for your CPU?

The maximum frequency for your tf201 is only up to 1.75GHz but the tf700 is set at 1.8GHz. If you set it correctly, it may work...:)

Go to /system/ect/cpu3.sh and change the frequency from 1.8GHz to 1.6GHz in Red to see if it works for you.

Example:

Code:
#!/bin/sh -x
#This is normal mode!
logi ()
{
  /system/bin/log -t $LOG_TAG -p i "$LOG_NAME $@"
}
logi "echo 0 > system_mode"
echo 0 > /sys/module/cpu_tegra/parameters/system_mode
logi "echo 1400 > core_cap_level"
echo 1400 > /sys/kernel/tegra_cap/core_cap_level
logi "echo 1 > core_cap_state"
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/tegra_cap/core_cap_state
logi "echo 1 > enable_3d_scaling"
echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/tegra_grhost/enable_3d_scaling
logi "echo 10 > mp_overhead"
echo 10 > /sys/module/cpu_tegra3/parameters/mp_overhead
logi "echo [COLOR="Red"]1600000[/COLOR] > pwr_cap_limit_1"
echo [COLOR="Red"]1600000[/COLOR] > /sys/module/cpu_tegra/parameters/pwr_cap_limit_1
logi "echo [COLOR="Red"]1600000[/COLOR] > pwr_cap_limit_2"
echo [COLOR="Red"]1600000[/COLOR] > /sys/module/cpu_tegra/parameters/pwr_cap_limit_2
logi "echo [COLOR="Red"]1600000[/COLOR] > pwr_cap_limit_3"
echo [COLOR="Red"]1600000[/COLOR] > /sys/module/cpu_tegra/parameters/pwr_cap_limit_3
logi "echo [COLOR="Red"]1600000[/COLOR] > pwr_cap_limit_4"
echo [COLOR="Red"]1600000[/COLOR] > /sys/module/cpu_tegra/parameters/pwr_cap_limit_4
logi "setprop power.saving.mode 0"
setprop power.saving.mode 0
logi "setprop persist.tegra.NV_FPSLIMIT 1"
setprop persist.tegra.NV_FPSLIMIT 1
logi "setprop persist.sys.NV_FPSLIMIT 128"
setprop persist.sys.NV_FPSLIMIT 128
logi "setprop persist.sys.NV_POWERMODE 0"
setprop persist.sys.NV_POWERMODE 0

LetMeKnow

Jun 17, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Yes it worked with earlier Versions (The one you sent me for testing and old old published ET). Might be that you deactivated kexec in the config? (Just a guess)

All the kexec flags are still enabled...:confused: I just updated the configured setting again to my knowledge that may solve your dualboot issue but I don't know enough about dualboot to guarantee that it will work. I will test it first and upload it for you if it is running stable on my device. I will test this new update in a few days when I have the tf700...:D

LetMeKnow

Jun 17, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Hey, I extracted the kernel (zImage) and ramdisk (initrd.img) from the zip (blobunpack and unpackbootimg) so that I can use it with kexecboot menu for linux multiboot, but it does not start Android (I have a data2sd setup). That10 boots fine in a setup like this, but I want to use the ET ;)

Any ideas?

Please give this new version a try to see if it is working for the multiboot, thanks...:fingers-crossed:

Reactions: Ananasnonym

Ananasnonym

Sep 14, 2011
Please give this new version a try to see if it is working for the multiboot, thanks...:fingers-crossed:

Sorry it took so long, I was on holiday :D I'm sorry, but it did not work. I made a few more tests: Hunds Original Kernel v.3.4.5 boots, even with the ET-Ramdisk and modules, init.d ... (but i.e. WLAN does not work then (I guess thats expected behavior)) and f2fs on mmcblk1p2. What did you change concerning the ET-zImage in comparison to Hunds original v.3.4.5?

Last edited:
Reactions: LetMeKnow

LetMeKnow

Jun 17, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Sorry it took so long, I was on holiday :D I'm sorry, but it did not work. I made a few more tests: Hunds Original Kernel v.3.4.5 boots, even with the ET-Ramdisk and modules, init.d ... (but i.e. WLAN does not work then (I guess thats expected behavior)) and f2fs on mmcblk1p2. What did you change concerning the ET-zImage in comparison to Hunds original v.3.4.5?

I am using the latest linaro gcc-4.7 that I just compiled and merged a few latest source codes that I think that is important to the performance...:) So the latest ET is still can not dualboot and Wlan is not working, am I correct? Could you tell me what requirements are needed for dualboot? I will look into the WLAN issue. Thanks for the feedback..

Edit: I am working on a newer linux version for kitkat Rom. If you could tell me what I need to add into the kernel for dualboot, I will let you test it out...:)

Last edited:

Ananasnonym

Sep 14, 2011
So the latest ET is still can not dualboot and Wlan is not working, am I correct?
It can not dualboot, that's correct.

But WLAN only does not work in the test case where I used Hunds original v3.4.5 kernel Image (zImage) together with your ramdisk and your modules, init.d and cpu1-5.sh. This "mixing together" of versions is the cause of the problems. But it is not REALLY a problem because I only did this setup to test whether it's your ramdisk, init script or the kernel itself which are causing booting to fail and just show Asus sign (with device unlocked left top) and no animation.

I don't really know what's needed for dualboot kernel. I think it is only kexec. Maybe @JoinTheRealms or @moreD_cn know more? EDIT: According to coganos post here it must have kexec-boot-to

Do you remember the version of your ET that you sent me as PM? It worked, so it must be something with the new gcc or the source code..

Last edited:
Reactions: LetMeKnow

LetMeKnow

Jun 17, 2013
Portland, Oregon

But WLAN only does not work in the test case where I used Hunds original v3.4.5 kernel Image (zImage) together with your ramdisk and your modules, init.d and cpu1-5.sh. This "mixing together" of versions is the cause of the problems. But it is not REALLY a problem because I only did this setup to test whether it's your ramdisk, init script or the kernel itself which are causing booting to fail and just show Asus sign (with device unlocked left top) and no animation.

I don't really know what's needed for dualboot kernel. I think it is only kexec. Maybe @JoinTheRealms or @moreD_cn know more? EDIT: According to coganos post here it must have kexec-boot-to

Do you remember the version of your ET that you sent me as PM? It worked, so it must be something with the new gcc or the source code..

Thanks again for clearing up the confusing...:good:

I have something in mind that could solve the dualboot issue on your device. I will upload the new zip after work for you to test the dualboot and the WLAN if you have time. Please let me know if you still want to test this out for me, thanks in advance...:D

Edit: I missed this information:
(but i.e. WLAN does not work then (I guess thats expected behavior)) and f2fs on mmcblk1p2.

What do you mean by f2fs on mmcblk1p2? I checked both .8 and .9 for the f2fs zip and they are both on mmcblk0p8...:confused: Would you please verify this. Thanks...:)

Last edited:

Ananasnonym

Sep 14, 2011
What do you mean by f2fs on mmcblk1p2? I checked both .8 and .9 for the f2fs zip and they are both on mmcblk0p8...:confused: Would you please verify this. Thanks...:)

OK to clear things up here is my full setup:
system on mmcblk0p1 ext4
datai on mmcblk0p8 f2fs (but almost empty - used only for some data of the Linux home directory)
data on mmcblk1p2 f2fs (this is the actual data partition for android data2sd. I have the preinit script and by _that in the /boot folder, as well as a folder rootfs_data2sd with fstab.cardhu init.cardhu.rc and init.rc for data2sd. Could one of these cause the problem? I have uploaded them here
https://mega.co.nz/#!XY4knK6b!KEswLMfJWK_GeifhO-nhLQvrZ5tdulOkwxnj7WWZ9FA
https://mega.co.nz/#!eYg1DCgT!JKcLxt1PlDySCLjcTido36r0QWwegsOdji1goC0v_0c
https://mega.co.nz/#!SRB3DbCa!RWyZYZblgvfP6aQC-jbNl9hNkEaRNin95B2wS7DGq_Q

It completely works with following kernel/ramdisk/module combinations:
_that10 kernel,ramdisk,module
hundsv3.4.5 kernel,ramdisk,module

It boots, but with limitations with following combination:
hundsv3.4.5 kernel, ET ramdisk, ET module. (i.e. WLAN does not work, did not test any further)

It did not boot at all:
ET Kernel with all combinations

Thank you for investigating, I really appreciate it! :)

LetMeKnow

Jun 17, 2013
Portland, Oregon
OK to clear things up here is my full setup:
system on mmcblk0p1 ext4
datai on mmcblk0p8 f2fs (but almost empty - used only for some data of the Linux home directory)
data on mmcblk1p2 f2fs (this is the actual data partition for android data2sd. I have the preinit script and by _that in the /boot folder, as well as a folder rootfs_data2sd with fstab.cardhu init.cardhu.rc and init.rc for data2sd. Could one of these cause the problem? I have uploaded them here
https://mega.co.nz/#!XY4knK6b!KEswLMfJWK_GeifhO-nhLQvrZ5tdulOkwxnj7WWZ9FA
https://mega.co.nz/#!eYg1DCgT!JKcLxt1PlDySCLjcTido36r0QWwegsOdji1goC0v_0c
https://mega.co.nz/#!SRB3DbCa!RWyZYZblgvfP6aQC-jbNl9hNkEaRNin95B2wS7DGq_Q

It completely works with following kernel/ramdisk/module combinations:
_that10 kernel,ramdisk,module
hundsv3.4.5 kernel,ramdisk,module

It boots, but with limitations with following combination:
hundsv3.4.5 kernel, ET ramdisk, ET module. (i.e. WLAN does not work, did not test any further)

It did not boot at all:
ET Kernel with all combinations

Thank you for investigating, I really appreciate it! :)

It may be an issue with WLAN if you are using hund's zimage and my modules because I tweaks a lot on those areas...;) If you like to test the WLAN on your device with the latest ET and data2sd, I will upload the data2sd zip for you too and test the WLAN without the dualboot. I will work on the dualboot when I am home from work...:D

For your setup:
1. Install the f2fs zip for your internal data
2. Let it boot up and setup your internal data with f2fs. You have to let your device running internal data first before installing the data2sd zip.
3. Install the data2sd zip so you can run data2sd
4. Test WLAN with your new setup to see if it works.

Oops, I can not upload the file at work. I will upload it when I am home....:eek:

Ananasnonym

Sep 14, 2011
It may be an issue with WLAN if you are using hund's zimage and my modules because I tweaks a lot on those areas...;) If you like to test the WLAN on your device with the latest ET and data2sd, I will upload the data2sd zip for you too and test the WLAN without the dualboot. I will work on the dualboot when I am home from work...:D

Thank you for your suggestion, but as I said earlier: It almost certainly is an issue because I am using hund's zImage and your modules. And it is not an issue, it was just an observation while testing if it is modules, ramdisk or zImage what's causing problems.

I am looking forward hearing from you again after work!

LetMeKnow

Jun 17, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Thank you for your suggestion, but as I said earlier: It almost certainly is an issue because I am using hund's zImage and your modules. And it is not an issue, it was just an observation while testing if it is modules, ramdisk or zImage what's causing problems.

I have a very good idea what I need to do. I will get it done for you to test it again....:D

LetMeKnow

Jun 17, 2013
Portland, Oregon

TO ALL USERS: Please DO NOT use this ET f2fs_dualboot if you are not running dualboot on your device. It is for testing on the dualboot bug...:) Please use the ET f2fs on Post #1 instead of this zip file. Thanks.

@Ananasnonym
Please use this f2fs_dualboot to see if you can boot linux on your device and report back. I don't have a tf700t to test anything at the moment and rely on all users for reporting bugs....;)

File is removed...:(

Thanks everyone,
LMK

Last edited:

Ananasnonym

Sep 14, 2011
Please use this f2fs_dualboot to see if you can boot linux on your device and report back. I don't have a tf700t to test anything at the moment and rely on all users for reporting bugs....;)

OK I tested it and it did not work. What did I do exactly?
I booted into Linux, unzipped your f2fs_dualboot.zip, copied etc/cpu1-5.sh, etc/init.d/50CleanTWEAKS lib/egl/egl.cfg and lib/modules/ to the right folders in android/system. Then I unpacked boot.blob with blobunpack, got a boot.blob.LNX. I unpacked this with unpackbootimg -i boot.blob.LNX, got lots of Kernel files, important are the boot.blob.LNX-zImage and the boot.blob.LNX-ramdisk.gz. I unpacked the ramdisk with file-roller, renamed the files to Hund-v3.4.5_ET-v1.13.10-zImage and Hund-v3.4.5_ET-v1.13.10-initrd.img. I copied these two files to android/system/boot.

When I start my setup, that10 kernel is loaded with a ramdisk for dualboot, where I can choose between Kernel and ramdisk alternatives and Linux directories and images. When I hit an entry (let's say I hit the Kernel+Ramdisk: ET-v1.13.10 entry) it loads this kernel with kexec. The TF700 then restarts and should boot to android with this kernel and ramdisk like the dualboot never happened.

Unfortunately, the TF700 restarts, shows the first Asus sign (stating Bootloader state: unlocked on the left top), and with 1.13.10 after a few seconds it restarts again and starts the dualboot select process. I could not get a logcat or any error messages.

The zImage is the problem, but I don't know why.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

OK I did another test: If I don't dualboot, 1.13.8 ext4 works without issues. This proves that the preinit scripts for fstab and initrc for data2sd work as expected. I can boot directly in my data2sd f2fs setup. So the issue must lie somewhere when kexec is executed.

LetMeKnow

Jun 17, 2013
Portland, Oregon
OK I tested it and it did not work. What did I do exactly?
I booted into Linux, unzipped your f2fs_dualboot.zip, copied etc/cpu1-5.sh, etc/init.d/50CleanTWEAKS lib/egl/egl.cfg and lib/modules/ to the right folders in android/system. Then I unpacked boot.blob with blobunpack, got a boot.blob.LNX. I unpacked this with unpackbootimg -i boot.blob.LNX, got lots of Kernel files, important are the boot.blob.LNX-zImage and the boot.blob.LNX-ramdisk.gz. I unpacked the ramdisk with file-roller, renamed the files to Hund-v3.4.5_ET-v1.13.10-zImage and Hund-v3.4.5_ET-v1.13.10-initrd.img. I copied these two files to android/system/boot.

When I start my setup, that10 kernel is loaded with a ramdisk for dualboot, where I can choose between Kernel and ramdisk alternatives and Linux directories and images. When I hit an entry (let's say I hit the Kernel+Ramdisk: ET-v1.13.10 entry) it loads this kernel with kexec. The TF700 then restarts and should boot to android with this kernel and ramdisk like the dualboot never happened.

Unfortunately, the TF700 restarts, shows the first Asus sign (stating Bootloader state: unlocked on the left top), and with 1.13.10 after a few seconds it restarts again and starts the dualboot select process. I could not get a logcat or any error messages.

The zImage is the problem, but I don't know why.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

OK I did another test: If I don't dualboot, 1.13.8 ext4 works without issues. This proves that the preinit scripts for fstab and initrc for data2sd work as expected. I can boot directly in my data2sd f2fs setup. So the issue must lie somewhere when kexec is executed.

Ok, it is telling me that the latest gcc-4.7 toolchain is not working with your linux. One more thing that I could do for you is to recompile the source with the older gcc-4.7 that known working on your linux version. The newer toolchain is very smooth with the tf700. If you woud like me to give it another test to find out the root cause of this issue. If it is still not working, then the new merged source code could be the culprit...:confused:

Does it boot without the dualboot or does not boot at all?

Ananasnonym

Sep 14, 2011
One more thing that I could do for you is to recompile the source with the older gcc-4.7 that known working on your linux version.

Does it boot without the dualboot or does not boot at all?

yes, it works perfectly without dualboot. please compile it with the older toolchain to find the source of the error.. :)

Ananasnonym

Sep 14, 2011
Hmm it has nothing to do with linux.. The host kernel is thatv5 or 7 stripped by unnecessary modules by @JoinTheRealms and prepared by @cogano Maybe if one of them compiles the host kernel with the new toolchain it could work? I don't know which version they used or where the latest sources are.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warning: This is the Experimental Tweaks (ET) on hund's kernel v3.4.5 for hardcore users and tinkers only and tested on Cromi X v5.4. If you want a stable kernel, you can use Hund's kernel v3.4.5 from his original post below please. PLEASE STOP HERE IF YOU ARE NOT THEM, THANKS.

Hund's kernel is developed by Hundsbuah and you can find more information here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2143093

I am running this ET for a while and have 6 testers on this ET too. It is very stable and fast in my opinion. Let me know if you are running into any issue or bug, thanks.

Preparation:
    1. Backup your whole device in the TWRP and backup all your personal files to your external SD or your computer, just in case.
    2. Remove any UV/OV scripts from the init.d folder before installing this tweaks
    3. Remove the Fsync script from the init.d folder if any
    4. Go to the Asus customized setting and Uncheck the "Enable smart backlight adjuster"
    5. Download the correct ET zip for your file system below

Installation:
    1. Reboot to your TWRP or custom recovery
    2. Install the zip
    3. Have fun...:D

Setting for this ET:
    --Power Saving Mode: CPU/GPU: 1.1G/520M, Balance Mode: 1.4G/520M, and Performance Mode: 1.7G/700M
    --Interactive Governor and SIO Scheduler
    --Westwood TCP Congestion Control
    --Fsync off
    --CPU temperature throttle at 70 Celsius

--Power Saving Mode is setup for games. You can run most of games in this mode.
    --Balance Mode is a daily usages beside gaming.
    --Performance Mode is not for games except for daily usages. I am only playing games in this mode during the Winter because it is also my portable heater...:laugh:

I have the f2fs for Data2sd on the data partition that I am running if you need it please let me know so I can upload it for you.

Problems: For some reasons that your device is not booting, you may want to restore your system backup only and you should be up running from your previous setup...;)

Zip files:
    ---hund-v3.4.5_ET-v1.13.8_ext4 - For your internal data running ext4 file system.
    ---hund-v3.4.5_ET-v1.13.8_f2fs - For your internal data running f2fs file system.

Update: v1.13.9 should run roughly about 7 degree Celsius cooler than the v1.13.8 without suffering any performance loss which gives more battery life...;)

Update 1: If you are running f2fs on the internal /data partition, please install the ET_v1.13.10_f2fs. There is a bug in both ET-v1.13.8_f2fs and ET-v1.13.9_f2fs. It could cause some issues with data corruption.

Update 2: ET_v1.13.12 has very good battery life and very smooth....;)

Update 3: V2.0 should work properly without any bug and stable. Battery life should be better. For some reasons that your device does not run as smooth and fast as other users. You may want to update to the latest ET "build.prop". Good lucks and have fun....;) Jelly Bean is probably end of life and this version may be the last release because I am getting bored with tweaking this device. I hope that I will see you in another Forum and see you all....:D

Bugs Reported
    1. Dualboot is not working reported by Ananasnonym.
    2. WLAN may be not working reported by Ananasnonym. Other users reported that it works...:confused:
    3. A bug in the booting script f2fs zip found by me. Fixed with ET-v1.13.10.

Please report any bug or problem, thanks and enjoy.....;)
    The f2fs for internal data is uploaded. Please give me some feedback and issues if any, thanks and have fun....;)

installed and running ok so far, I will test for a few days and get back to you, might also test on my tf201 with lower clock frequencies

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app
    Hey, I extracted the kernel (zImage) and ramdisk (initrd.img) from the zip (blobunpack and unpackbootimg) so that I can use it with kexecboot menu for linux multiboot, but it does not start Android (I have a data2sd setup). That10 boots fine in a setup like this, but I want to use the ET ;)

Any ideas?

So the latest ET is still can not dualboot and Wlan is not working, am I correct?