- You need to be on the 10.6.1.14.10 bootloader
- You need to know how to flash a recovery
Some background reading on f2fs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F2FS
Backup all your data off the tablet because it will get wiped!!
Install a recovery that supports conversion to the f2fs file system
You can use the official TWRP 2.8.x from here:
Do not use TWRP 2.8.5 - it has a bug with the f2fs conversion - or 2.8.6 for that matter. It has another bug: won't reboot to anything from recovery...
For Transformer users I would highly recommend to install @lj50036 TWRP Kang version from here:
His Kang TWRP allows you to format/convert/backup external partitions or entire cards which will come in very handy for data2sd or rom2sd users.
It even supports the dock SD!
Flash your chosen recovery in fastboot and reboot.
Optional but recommened
Enter TWRP, choose Wipe > Advanced Wipe
To Convert INTERNAL /data to f2fs
Check the box for "data"
Tap "change or repair file system"
Tap "Change file system"
Swipe the button
DATA2SD/ROM2SD users only:
To Convert EXTERNAL /data to f2fs (with lj's Kang TWRP TF700T only - official TWRP does not support this)
Check the box for Ext/data
Proceed as above
Go back to TWRP Home screen, and reflash your ROM - which you have stored somewhere you did NOT wipe with the preceding steps!! Like: your microSD
- With /data on f2fs you need to run your ROM with a kernel that supports that file system. Read the OP of your ROM thread
- Convert ONLY /data to f2fs. Do NOT convert /system (or anything else for that matter)
- If you forma /data back to ext4 for any reason it will take up to 90 minutes. Do not interrupt it!!!
If you have the official TWRP installed and do not want to flash lj's Kang TWRP, you can - as always - use the data2sd1.zip/rom2sd1zip to have TWRP act on your external partitions.