[Q] Building CM11 from source / Running into error

Search This thread

SonjaMichelle

Apr 10, 2014
Jacksonville Beach
I'm trying to learn a bit about android and ROMs and programming in general. I have limited experience but not a whole lot. I have my environment set up, CM11 source downloaded and my tf701t tree downloaded.

When I go to run 'brunch tf701t' I get a couple of minutes into the build and I run into the following error:

warning: [options] source value 1.5 is obsolete and will be removed in a future release
warning: [options] target value 1.5 is obsolete and will be removed in a future release
warning: [options] To suppress warnings about obsolete options, use -Xlint:-options.
libcore/luni/src/main/java/java/util/EnumMap.java:162: error: incompatible types: Object cannot be converted to E
return type.get(new MapEntry(enumMap.keys[prePosition],
^
where E is a type-variable:
E extends Object declared in class EnumMapIterator
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
1 error
3 warnings​

I'm using the Sun Java JDK jdk1.7.0_67. I fixed an earlier issue where I it was referencing the OpenJDK and killing the build almost right away. It COULD still be the JDK, there are so many damn versions out there.

I'm at a stopping point, not sure where to go on from here. Any help and suggestions are appreciated.

SonjaMichelle

Apr 10, 2014
Jacksonville Beach
My next issue was missing proprietary files, specifically the icera ones. I'm also missing keystore.tegra.so.

I'm building on a VMWare 10 Ubuntu 14 virtual machine with 4GB alloted of ram and 75GB of cache on an aging HP QuadCore. Not even an i series, so it is slow going.

Sent from my K00C using XDA Premium HD app

SonjaMichelle

Apr 10, 2014
Jacksonville Beach
I got past those errors by locating them and putting them in their proper locations.

The build process took about 8 hours. Zero hour arrived, I backed up my CROMBi-kk installation, loaded up my home cooked cm11 ROM, crossed my fingers and pressed the power button.

Success! Yay me! :laugh:

Everything booted up, wifi located and connected, signed into Google, CyangenMod and proceeded to restore my account.

It was pretty neat to see my name in the about section. :silly:

What I gained from this.
I need a new PC or at least I need to beef this one up a bit.. I bought the old girl in 2009.

I don't really like Ubuntu as a development environment. I don't like Unity, never have. I did install gnome-fallback, but I had issues with the minimal desktop, the dreadful screen blanking that I could just not turn off no matter how many settings and CLI tricks I used. I think I'm going to try Linux Mint next. IMHO it has lower overhead than Ubuntu and should, at least as a VM, give me some better performance.

My problem solving skills have not completely left me in my older years. ;) I left IT some 15+ years to pursue a career in EMS and Firefighting, so my skills have been mostly backseat and hobby like. Being retired I've got the time to putz around and see what I can do. I was glued to Google remembering and dusting off my shell and CLI basics.

Now it is on to learning how to customize and tweak the ROM. :cool:

Reactions: berndblb and sbdags

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got past those errors by locating them and putting them in their proper locations.

The build process took about 8 hours. Zero hour arrived, I backed up my CROMBi-kk installation, loaded up my home cooked cm11 ROM, crossed my fingers and pressed the power button.

Success! Yay me! :laugh:

Everything booted up, wifi located and connected, signed into Google, CyangenMod and proceeded to restore my account.

It was pretty neat to see my name in the about section. :silly:

What I gained from this.
    I need a new PC or at least I need to beef this one up a bit.. I bought the old girl in 2009.

I don't really like Ubuntu as a development environment. I don't like Unity, never have. I did install gnome-fallback, but I had issues with the minimal desktop, the dreadful screen blanking that I could just not turn off no matter how many settings and CLI tricks I used. I think I'm going to try Linux Mint next. IMHO it has lower overhead than Ubuntu and should, at least as a VM, give me some better performance.

My problem solving skills have not completely left me in my older years. ;) I left IT some 15+ years to pursue a career in EMS and Firefighting, so my skills have been mostly backseat and hobby like. Being retired I've got the time to putz around and see what I can do. I was glued to Google remembering and dusting off my shell and CLI basics.

Now it is on to learning how to customize and tweak the ROM. :cool:
    Yes I was going to say I always drop to version 6 rather than 7 first if I get any java errors.

What is your next issue?