[ROM] Oreo test builds

Search This thread

tdm

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2011
Seattle
Alright, after way too long, I've finally gotten oreo working well enough to test. Please note:

These are beta quality, not suitable for daily usage yet.

Known issues will be listed. Anything not listed should work (but not everything has been tested).

Tested with opengapps micro arm64 8.1.

If you would like to test nougat upgrades, please let me know how that goes. I have only done a clean install so far. Keep in mind that you will need to flash oreo gapps, as gapps persistence does not work across versions.

Sources
Device
Kernel
Vendor

Prerequisites
All oreo builds require an updated TWRP to flash:
jasmine-twrp-7.1-3.2.3-r1.img

Build 2018-10-17
Known issues:
  • SELinux is permissive.
  • Camera shutter button is partially obscured by navbar.
AOKP Oreo:
aokp_jasmine_oreo_UNOFFICIAL_2018-10-17.zip
MD5: faffe6c263032870c29bba22b91fc090
Lineage Oreo:
lineage_jasmine_oreo_UNOFFICIAL_2018-10-17.zip
MD5: 596f244f362ddf577bf57b13429b9740

G

GuestK00251

my question is the phone call is not available right?

and I'm seeing in TWRP that decrypted works faster?

Last edited:
G

GuestK00251

it does not allow me to save the WiFi network manually:(

since WiFi network that I use is hidden and I have to put SSID and password:(

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

logcat:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UmbWI10QbQi-wno0shSWlABY8XSfJPkV/view?usp=sharing

edit

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

@tdm
how strange did i connect after 5 minutes, will it be too hard to register wifi network that I save manually with SSID and password?

Last edited:

tdm

Jun 7, 2011
Seattle
the wifi turns on well for me, I only have trouble connecting to hidden wifi networks

Enviado desde mi K88 mediante Tapatalk
Unfortunately I don't have any experience with hidden ssid networks. But I can tell you that the WiFi kernel driver, firmware, and configuration are exactly the same as nougat. So any issues are most likely in the upper layers... the layers common to many or all devices. I haven't heard of any common complaints about hidden ssid networks on oreo. Do you have any other devices that can run lineage oreo to test?

G

GuestK00251

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with hidden ssid networks. But I can tell you that the WiFi kernel driver, firmware, and configuration are exactly the same as nougat. So any issues are most likely in the upper layers... the layers common to many or all devices. I haven't heard of any common complaints about hidden ssid networks on oreo. Do you have any other devices that can run lineage oreo to test?
I do not,
another thing that is strange, the music and video player of the rom, does not listen to the sound, in other players and youtube is heard excellent.
what happens will the LOS app have a problem?

---------- Post added 10-18-2018 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-17-2018 at 11:53 PM ----------

but I really liked the ROM I can give it a daily use without problem

Rapplerorica

Aug 22, 2018
I'd be happy to try a Nougat->Oreo upgrade (I don't care if I end up having to wipe), but I'm not sure what the procedure should be.

Should it be:
update TWRP using jasminetool
install zip and oreo gapps in TWRP WITHOUT running Wipe or Advanced Wipe?

G

GuestK00251

I'd be happy to try a Nougat->Oreo upgrade (I don't care if I end up having to wipe), but I'm not sure what the procedure should be.

Should it be:

the TWRP can update it from TWRP by selecting the image to flash partition recovery or with the jasminetool;)

tdm

Jun 7, 2011
Seattle

Should it be:
The steps should be:

1. Update TWRP.
2. Flash the oreo rom.
3. Flash new gapps.
4. Reboot.

tjrgus5001

Oct 11, 2015
The steps should be:

1. Update TWRP.
2. Flash the oreo rom.
3. Flash new gapps.
4. Reboot.

yes i followed same steps but it is not working

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

The steps should be:

1. Update TWRP.
2. Flash the oreo rom.
3. Flash new gapps.
4. Reboot.

i did not use jasmintool, just flash twrp v. 3230 by twrp v.3110 does that matter?

Reactions: tdm

tdm

Jun 7, 2011
Seattle
yes i followed same steps but it is not working

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

i did not use jasmintool, just flash twrp v. 3230 by twrp v.3110 does that matter?
It does not matter how you update recovery, any method works equally well.

Rapplerorica

Aug 22, 2018
I ran the update from Nougat and flashed nano gapps, and it did keep all apps and files. However, I had to uninstall and re-install all Google apps that didn't come included with the gapps, along with a handful of Play Store apps, otherwise they just hung and crashed. I tried wiping the cache/dalvik cache in TWRP, but that didn't fix the crashing. I'm totally fine with re-installing apps, but just a heads up for anyone else.

While wifi connects and works, I'm noticing that the connection does seem to drop out for a second here and there. The wifi icon in the status bar will show the "x" in the bottom corner and mobile data will turn on. I'll see if it still happens on my home wifi (currently on work wifi). LTE/cell service does seem to work still.

Thanks so much for your work getting Oreo on here. It seems just as stable as Nougat so far (hopefully the wifi issue is just a problem with work wifi). Looking forward to this reaching official LineageOS status!

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Checking things out some more, the only other issues I noticed are that LiveDisplay can't be turned on at all (none of the options in Settings stick, and the quick actions button is grayed out), and Netflix can't be installed (Your device isn't compatible with this version).

Reactions: tdm
G

GuestK00251

ambient display is not available either in this version, one of the options that I like ambient display and is not available in nougat or in oreo:(

tjrgus5001

Oct 11, 2015
i've tried clean flash many times(using pico gapps and nano gapps)but wifi still do not work

i hope it will be solved someday

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright, after way too long, I've finally gotten oreo working well enough to test. Please note:

These are beta quality, not suitable for daily usage yet.

Known issues will be listed. Anything not listed should work (but not everything has been tested).

Tested with opengapps micro arm64 8.1.

If you would like to test nougat upgrades, please let me know how that goes. I have only done a clean install so far. Keep in mind that you will need to flash oreo gapps, as gapps persistence does not work across versions.

Sources
    Device
    Kernel
    Vendor

Prerequisites
    All oreo builds require an updated TWRP to flash:
    jasmine-twrp-7.1-3.2.3-r1.img

Build 2018-10-17
    Known issues:
    • SELinux is permissive.
    • Camera shutter button is partially obscured by navbar.
    AOKP Oreo:
    aokp_jasmine_oreo_UNOFFICIAL_2018-10-17.zip
    MD5: faffe6c263032870c29bba22b91fc090
    Lineage Oreo:
    lineage_jasmine_oreo_UNOFFICIAL_2018-10-17.zip
    MD5: 596f244f362ddf577bf57b13429b9740
    Good day to everyone in here, sorry in advance if I may sound offensive to the developers in here about my question. May I ask about latest progress in regard to Oreo stable build. @tdm, @juniorgerman.

Thank you

Sent from my ZTE K88 using XDA Labs
    I'll get it done soon. Just too busy with other things at the moment.

Oh and by the way, pie is a very easy jump from oreo. So that should come very quickly after oreo is done.
    @tdm @juniorgerman

At last I finally have a working build! I have no idea what was causing me so many problems as I never could get an error that pointed at anything being wrong. Thank you for your help and all the info you have shared with me, but after the last make clean && make clobber everything seems smooth. Yall have a good weekend.
    Hey tdm,
    Thanks for giving your sources it has helped me out as I have been setting up my own build environment. Have you had any luck compiling 16.1? I'm in the process of compiling now just for fun and was wondering what chances it might have at completing.
    currently at
    [ 64% 1433/2206] //external/boringssl:libssl clang++ src/ssl/tls13_server.cc [linux_glibc]
    but i have no clue if it will finish. Also if it does would it be safe to flash?
    Thanks,
    Shane

P.S. your oreo build is working great dirty flashed over 14.1, no problems to speak of.
    my question is the phone call is not available right?

and I'm seeing in TWRP that decrypted works faster

I have not yet put in my SIM card, so radio (data, sms, voice) is not tested yet. I will put in my SIM card and test tomorrow.