FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Coolpad Sky 3 E502 (Modena 2) unbrick

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By McBitter, Junior Member on 21st May 2017, 06:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Since there seem to be no information about getting the phone unbricked, here is how to do it.
It will work even if phone doesn't get detected by SP flashtool anymore by triggering emergency brom download mode by shorting KCOL0 pin (this is present only on Mediatek SoC's).
As per MT6735P SoC documentation the logical value is 1 for the pin KCOL0. To find the pin on unknown boards, the voltage should be around 1.76-1.82v.
Please use at least 200 ohm resistor when poking around with unknown pins.

1) Remove battery of your sky 3 device and unplug it.
2) Turn on SP Flashtool to flash only preloader with a known working one and press start on the tool.
3) Short KCOL0 and ground (can be chip shielding or big copper area near scew locations).
4) Plug device to your computer. Flashing procedure should start. Stop shorting KCOL0.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sky 3 E502.jpg
Views:	848
Size:	199.6 KB
ID:	4157319  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McBitter For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift McBitter Ad-Free
29th September 2018, 09:32 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 292

More
The board I am working with has around 15 different test points that read 1.8V. Do you have any suggestions for finding KCOL0 in a case like this? What are the signs to look for? Lastly, why 200 Ohms over something else? Was that a ballpark estimate? I've been using a 100 Ohm with no luck on my board to try out the various 1.8V pins. It is an Amazon Fire HD 8 7th gen, SX034QT
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)