FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Am I able to simulate volume controls on a non-rooted phone? (Freaking Verizon AGAIN)

135 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By Mikey1969, Senior Member on 12th January 2020, 03:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I am re-purposing an old LG V20 as a music player. Everything is perfect, it's a great phone, except that the reason I got a new one is that the volume keys are jacked. Press Volume Up, and it will suddenly stick and jump all of the way up. I'm not sure what's up, but it sucks. Right now, my workaround is to press Volume Down, so the volume popup appears onscreen, and drag it where I want, but if I could make Vol Up and Vol Down buttons in Tasker, it would be nicer and give me more granular control. I just don't know if I can do that or not. Like I said, phone isn't rooted because Verizon is run by jerks who want to fill your phone full of bloatware that nobody even uses, but they still draw a paycheck for.

Anyway, tips and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
12th January 2020, 03:49 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Within tasker you can use the keyboard action for volume up/down then set shortcuts/widgets to link to the tasks

Sent from my Oneplus 6T
12th January 2020, 01:34 PM |#3  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 2,688

More
And just a few posts earlier was a discussion how to do this
13th January 2020, 08:38 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

And just a few posts earlier was a discussion how to do this

Thanks, looks like what I needed. I wasn't finding one when searching, except one that stated right off the bat that the phone needed to be rooted. Which is why I posted and listed int he subject that the phone wasn't rooted. I was hopping there was a possible solution for us folks that are stuck with Verizon's crap.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)