FORUMS

Block permanently the bluetooth MAC address

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By panpiotus, Junior Member on 6th February 2020, 01:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello.
How to block permanently the MAC address for one bluetooth device on rooted phone with TASKER?
6th February 2020, 01:33 PM |#2  
Forum Moderator
Flag Deep Space Station K7
Thanks Meter: 3,197

More
You are looking to make sure your device never connects to that device?

Android will only pair with a device if it's been manually paired with to start with. Just don't pair that device and it can not connect to your phone.
6th February 2020, 03:53 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Androidauto automatically connects to bluetooth after plugging the usb cable. I want to block the bluetooth connection to the car permanently (block MAC address)
6th February 2020, 08:45 PM |#4  
Forum Moderator

More
I don't use Android Auto. A quick search on Google help pages seems to suggest the same thing. Go into Bluetooth settings and "forget" the car.
6th February 2020, 09:15 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
This solution not working (android auto automatically connect phone with car radio when plugged usb)
6th February 2020, 10:45 PM |#6  
Forum Moderator

More
Well, yes, that's how Android Auto works. If the car or at least the radio is Android Auto, then when you plug in the USB, Android Auto launches and streams media and navigation through the USB.

However, the phone should go over Bluetooth, so if you remove the car/head unit from the phone's Bluetooth ("forget it"), then calls should go to a headset or some other Bluetooth device.

Are you trying to avoid having AA launch at all when plugged in?
8th February 2020, 06:47 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 258

More
You are rooted.. just disable Bluetooth completely. No Bluetooth for Android Auto and for everything .. kmm how to do it in tasker is the real question
I disabled Bluetooth on my 2nd phone (connected to Android Auto, constantly connected, I just leave it in car) and my main phone is connected via Bluetooth (for calling,music,etc).
That's just one solution.
second solution is cloning mac adresses (both phones have same mac). But it doesn't work on all HURs (restrictions).
Good luck

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)