FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

solved- cell near switches profile on and off

304 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By Eggstones, Senior Member on 9th September 2019, 01:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi. I have made a location based profile that uses my location to to switch on do not disturb on my OnePlus 3t but want to switch it to cell near as it is supposedly uses less battery. The profile works but it seems like the cell tower it uses isn't strong enough. Is there a way of adding a second cell if the scanning shows one or do I need to scan for longer moving about so more is picked up?

9th September 2019, 05:45 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2,050

More
From the Tasker User guide - location without tears:

Quote:

Create a*state context, select*Phone*then*Cell Near. Click Update and walk around a bit to scan for cell towers nearby.

About

Uses information about the cell towers the phone uses for telephony to record and match a location.

When the display is off, frequency of checks is controlled by*Prefs / Monitor / Display Off All Checks.

If your profile keeps deactivating, go back to the Cell Near state and click the magnifying glass icon to check for cells you may have missed in your scan.

10th September 2019, 08:38 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
That is what I have done but the profile switches off all the time. It seems like the tower my phone detect isn't the right one. Tried two different scans with the same result. (The scans identifies different signals but neither seems to be able to run the profile)
10th September 2019, 12:38 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2,050

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggstones

That is what I have done but the profile switches off all the time. It seems like the tower my phone detect isn't the right one. Tried two different scans with the same result. (The scans identifies different signals but neither seems to be able to run the profile)

Did you do the second part, involving the magnifying glass? If you're bouncing off different towers while moving throughout your home, all of the towers will need to be selected.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
10th September 2019, 04:49 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Did you do the second part, involving the magnifying glass? If you're bouncing off different towers while moving throughout your home, all of the towers will need to be selected.

Sorry I missed that. I'll try that and see what happens.

The profile also seems to deactivate when the screen goes off but not 100% about that
10th September 2019, 08:34 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
It seems to have sorted it!
11th September 2019, 11:46 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Every time it stops working in have to add a new cell tower but that's fine as it works!!!
Have about ten now for this work based profile.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)