FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Extend DND hours only on weekend.

1,187 posts
Thanks Meter: 326

By jr866gooner, Senior Member on 22nd September 2019, 03:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all!

So I posted this in the Tasker reddit too so was looking to pick as many brains as possible as I'm running into road blocks and not getting the desired results

So I'm trying to extend the time DND is active on only Saturday and Sunday. 1st try failed..

https://i.imgur.com/7CIm3Hw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XZ047lz.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Mt9zGI3.jpg

Not quite sure why it's not worked. Phone DND settings are limited at it disables at 7am daily. The weekend task was meant to place it into DND at 7:01 until later..

I later tweaked to have separate profiles per day..

So having tried the separate days it's taking the day over the timing.

https://i.imgur.com/O7zvMsX.jpg

So it's simply ignored the fact I wanted time to also go into the equation and set it to the day and nothing else matters!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
22nd September 2019, 05:42 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2,269

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr866gooner

Hello all!

So I posted this in the Tasker reddit too so was looking to pick as many brains as possible as I'm running into road blocks and not getting the desired results

So I'm trying to extend the time DND is active on only Saturday and Sunday. 1st try failed..

Not quite sure why it's not worked. Phone DND settings are limited at it disables at 7am daily. The weekend task was meant to place it into DND at 7:01 until later..

I later tweaked to have separate profiles per day..

So having tried the separate days it's taking the day over the timing.

So it's simply ignored the fact I wanted time to also go into the equation and set it to the day and nothing else matters!

It helps substantially more if you post the task or profile rather than use screenshots.

When setting DND settings in an entry task, you must proactively disable DND in an exit task. It will not revert settings automatically on exit. That was a change, specific to DND, introduced rather silently several tasker versions ago.

Why not use Android's built in DND automatic settings rules?
23rd September 2019, 02:31 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Suffolk

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

It helps substantially more if you post the task or profile rather than use screenshots.

When setting DND settings in an entry task, you must proactively disable DND in an exit task. It will not revert settings automatically on exit. That was a change, specific to DND, introduced rather silently several tasker versions ago.

Why not use Android's built in DND automatic settings rules?

Thanks! How do I add an exit task please?

The default Samsung DND settings dont specify a separate weekend time setting.

23rd September 2019, 03:06 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2,269

More
Long press on the entry task on the profile tab, then a context menu will pop-up. The entry task has a green, right facing arrow. An exit task will have a red, left facing arrow.
23rd September 2019, 08:57 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Suffolk

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Long press on the entry task on the profile tab, then a context menu will pop-up. The entry task has a green, right facing arrow. An exit task will have a red, left facing arrow.

Thanks! I'll have a play.

For clarity this is one of the problematic profiles.

Profile: DND sat (14)
Time: From 07:02 Till 08:10
Day: Sat
Enter: DND On (8)
A1: Do Not Disturb [ Mode:Priority ]

Hope this makes it a little clearer. Apologies it's my first time in the forum for tasker at XDA!

11th October 2019, 09:20 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Suffolk

More
My apologies I failed to mention that this now works and is set as follows!

Profile: DND sat (14)
Time: From 07:02 Till 08:10
Day: Sat
Enter: DND On (8)
A1: Do Not Disturb [ Mode:Priority ]

Same setup for sunday too so I am very pleased indeed and thanks to anyone that had patience and found time to read my post.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)