If you, for instance, own a basic Fitbit or one of the new Honor Z1 bands among others, then you'll be able to keep your phone unlocked so long as your wearable is in range of your phone by following this Tasker guide.
- Secure Settings plug-in
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE enabled device
- A Bluetooth LE Scanner app
- Ensure that Secure Settings is set as a Device Administrator by opening the app and going to the Preferences screen. This is so the plugin has the ability to enable/disable the lockscreen.
- Bring your phone and your device close together. Open the BLE Scanner app you downloaded above, and press SCAN.
- Write down the MAC ID of the device that shows up at the top of the list. This should be the address of the Fitbit or other wearable, in case the name doesn't properly populate.
- Click + to create a new Profile and name it "Watch Near" or anything else you want.
- Select the State context, then select "BT Near" under "Net."
- Once you're in the BT Near setting, type in the Bluetooth Address that you wrote down earlier under "Address." Additionally, select "Low-Energy (LE) Devices" and "Unpaired Devices". Leave everything else unchecked and/or default.
- Press the back key to save and exit the context setup.
- Tasker will now ask you to set up a new task associated with this context. Click on "New Task" and optionally give the task a name. Before we move on, here's a picture of what the context screen should look like.
Now that you've got the context set-up, we're going to make a simple entry and exit task to correspond to when your phone connects/disconnects to your smart wearable.
- Plugin --> Secure Settings. Under the Dev Admin Actions dropdown, select Password/Pin. Make sure that the box is set as "DISABLED" and that Device Admin Enabled is checked. Press the save icon up top to exit, then press the back key once you're back in Tasker.
- Press back once more to exit the task creation. Now expand the Profile you just created by tapping on its name. Long-press on the Task that launches, the select "Add Exit Task."
- Within this new task, you're going to do the opposite of what you did above. Plugin --> Secure Settings. Select Password/Pin under Dev Admin Actions again, but this time change the box to "ENABLED" and set up the password or pin code that you desire. Exit out all the way after you're done.
That's it! Your phone should now automatically disable the pin/password when your bluetooth device is in range, otherwise it will re-enabled it. You can expand the power of this task by adding some alerts for when your device and phone disconnects, the choice is up to you!