FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][Difficulty: Beginner] Enable Speakerphone when Phone is Placed on Table

833 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,866

Post Reply Email Thread
If you're busy with something and you get a phone call, it might frustrate you having to put your phone down and manually enabling speakerphone in order to actually talk with the person on the other end. However with Tasker, you can easily enable Speakerphone when you're in a call by placing your phone upright on a flat surface. It works by reading your accelerometer to grab the current orientation of the device. Let's set it up.

Instructions
  1. Create a new Profile and name it "Speakerphone."
  2. Create a new State context, go to Phone --> Call. Set it to "Any."
  3. Create a new task, but there's no need to name it anything because it will only need a single action.
  4. Within the Entry task, go to Audio --> Speakerphone and set it to On.
  5. Exit the task editor, and then long-press on the Call Any,* context in order to add another Context.
  6. Add another State context, and go to Sensor --> Orientation. Set "Is" to Face Up.
  7. Exit out, and now long-press on the Entry task. Tasker will ask you to add an Exit Task. Create one.
  8. Once inside the task editor again, go to Audio --> Speakerphone again. This time set Speakerphone to Off.

That's it! Now, this profile will trigger when your phone is both a) within a phone call and b) face-up on a flat surface (the orientation is detected as face-up). On satisfying these conditions, Tasker will enable speakerphone, and when it fails to meet the condition (ie. when you exit the call or pick the phone up) speakerphone will turn off.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to MishaalRahman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MishaalRahman Ad-Free

8th March 2016, 09:00 AM |#2  
Flag Groningen
Thanks Meter: 15

More
maybe little offtopic....but the same feature is available on my oneplus one, slimsaber-rom. in the phone-app under SETTINGS >> CALL u can find the option AUTOMATIC PROXIMITY SENSOR. set it ON and u have the same feature
8th March 2016, 10:31 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Not working.. Any setting do I need to change for the accelerometer to recognize? I have done exactly like above..
8th March 2016, 11:15 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
I click + to add profile and it asks me for a "First Context"

Edit:

1. Create a new Profile, select State context and name it "Speakerphone."

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Trying to create the above and starting realise why I used Locale for so longer.

I must add a task and give it name?
8th March 2016, 07:54 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
how will this react to having headphones plugged in? at work, my phone is usually in a position that would trigger this but i plug in headphones to talk and listen. i wouldnt want speakerphone to override the headphones at work. at home though this would be fine since i dont use the headphones there.
The Following User Says Thank You to tykob For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tykob Ad-Free
8th March 2016, 08:04 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tykob

how will this react to having headphones plugged in? at work, my phone is usually in a position that would trigger this but i plug in headphones to talk and listen. i wouldnt want speakerphone to override the headphones at work. at home though this would be fine since i dont use the headphones there.

Just Add Another Context for when Headphones are not plugged in, you can play with your own settings. Even by using Ifs but thats another thing you dont need to know now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fenchai For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fenchai Ad-Free
8th March 2016, 08:27 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenchai

Just Add Another Context for when Headphones are not plugged in, you can play with your own settings. Even by using Ifs but thats another thing you dont need to know now.

was just coming to make the same comment. added a third state context of headset plugged in > any > invert. seemed to do the trick. thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to tykob For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tykob Ad-Free
8th March 2016, 10:20 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I did not know I needed this profile until I read it! I have found myself in this scenario multiple times and I never thought to use Tasker to make my life easier! And it is so simple!
8th March 2016, 11:38 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I guess it really depends on where the main speaker is located. If it is on the back, then you would want to have the orientation set to the back, otherwise, the front.

9th March 2016, 01:38 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 125

More
It worked on my LG G4, thanks!
9th March 2016, 03:17 AM |#11  
OP Editor in Chief
Thanks Meter: 1,866

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharish

Not working.. Any setting do I need to change for the accelerometer to recognize? I have done exactly like above..

Calibrate your accelerometer in Tasker's preferences. Click the 3 dot menu in the top right, go to preferences, go to the Monitor tab, then scroll all the way down to the Calibrate button under where it says "Accelerometer." Do that then try it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lywyn

I click + to add profile and it asks me for a "First Context"

Edit:

1. Create a new Profile, select State context and name it "Speakerphone."

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Trying to create the above and starting realise why I used Locale for so longer.

I must add a task and give it name?

The general idea for any tasker creation is like this: 1) create a context, 2) create a task. The context is what must occur on your phone in order for Tasker to be triggered, and the task is the action that Tasker then performs. In this case, the context is when Tasker detects that the orientation of your phone is face-up AND the fact that you are in the middle of a phone call. Then, Tasker fires the associated task that enables speakerphone. Naming a context or task is entirely optional.
The Following User Says Thank You to MishaalRahman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MishaalRahman Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call, face-up, orientation, speakerphone, tasker

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)