FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][Difficulty: Advanced] Read Google Calendar Events for the Day

871 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,913
 
By MishaalRahman, Editor in Chief on 10th March 2016, 05:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
kitkat85
13th March 2016, 02:06 PM |#11  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash629

Hi, I like the calendar program. I have a question. Where do you get the Calendar Task plugin for reading different events? For example
Personal Calendar: Sister Birthday
Appointments: Dr. Appointment.

Etc.
Another feature that would be good is to read the events out for the week or have a drop down box with selecting By Week or By Day.

You find it on the play store obviously
13th March 2016, 02:49 PM |#12  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash629

Hi, I like the calendar program. I have a question. Where do you get the Calendar Task plugin for reading different events?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a.calendartask
The Following User Says Thank You to j03x2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift j03x2 Ad-Free
13th March 2016, 11:10 PM |#13  
Junior Member
Flag Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Thanks
Thanks J03. Now I just have to try and learn it, unless you can give me some hints.
14th March 2016, 07:18 AM |#14  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash629

Thanks J03. Now I just have to try and learn it, unless you can give me some hints.

Here you go! You can download an example profile from here:
https://plus.google.com/102582215848...ts/BZfUp88jwc8
15th March 2016, 04:05 PM |#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
hmm
16th March 2016, 07:52 PM |#16  
Junior Member
Flag Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Weather
I like the program, but please forgive me. I'm using this routine but changing MyCalendar to *. For example: --> If %event(#) neq 0 AND %event1 !~ %doubleevent AND %calendar1 ~ *.
That will read ALL my calendars. The problem comes up after reading the "Event" it will keep on telling me the weather. That's what I'd like to stop. I may have 3 events in different calendars and it reads those events plus the weather for each.

I guess what's happening is because the "Events" are in different calendars I get the weather from each.

Is there away I can just get the weather once?

Thanks for your help.
17th March 2016, 11:32 AM |#17  
Junior Member
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Nice script! I tried using it for my university calendar but unfortunately it doesn't get the events right.

Today I have three events, one from 9:30 till 11:30, one from 11:30 till 13:30 and another one from 13:30 till 14:30. The script says I have 20 events today. It says all the events in 15 minute increments. Thats 5 (hours) x 4 (events per hour) = 20.

How would I solve this issue? Unfortunately this makes the script not very useful.
25th March 2016, 09:52 PM |#18  
Junior Member
Flag Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Please answer
In a previous post it was suggested that taking out the if statement would give you all your events for the day for all your calendars. I took mine out and it said that I had 72 events.

I changes the If statement in line 6 %calendar1 ~ *Appointments* to %calendar1 ~ ** and what I get is double events. For example Work event at 5:30am then again Work event at 7:15. I don't understand this.

I hope this post is monitored.
26th March 2016, 02:57 AM |#19  
MishaalRahman's Avatar
OP Editor in Chief
Thanks Meter: 1,913
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash629

In a previous post it was suggested that taking out the if statement would give you all your events for the day for all your calendars. I took mine out and it said that I had 72 events.

I changes the If statement in line 6 %calendar1 ~ *Appointments* to %calendar1 ~ ** and what I get is double events. For example Work event at 5:30am then again Work event at 7:15. I don't understand this.

I hope this post is monitored.

You still need the Variables --> Variable Set. Name %doubleevent, To %event1 and the If statement: %event1 !~ %doubleevent otherwise you will get double events like you mentioned.
27th March 2016, 05:50 PM |#20  
Junior Member
Flag Houston, Texas
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Thank you MishaalRahman,

I have read numerous solutions to pulling events from Google Calendar, but none so elegant. I have recently discovered phones and more recently discovered Tasker. My skills are quite rusty but with the help others (you included) I am finding my way. This is a wonderful resource.

As some have already pointed out, this is a great task to include in a wake-up profile. However, not all of us work or sleep on a regular schedule. I remember the 'good ole days' when I could get by on just two jobs.

A moving time segment from 'now' to 'set_length' would be ideal. I think I can work that out. But Event location (address) to pass to Google Maps or Waze as a destination is a topic for which I haven't found much information. Do you (or anyone else) have any suggestions?
The Following User Says Thank You to ManagementCritic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ManagementCritic Ad-Free
30th March 2016, 09:53 PM |#21  
MishaalRahman's Avatar
OP Editor in Chief
Thanks Meter: 1,913
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManagementCritic

Thank you MishaalRahman,

I have read numerous solutions to pulling events from Google Calendar, but none so elegant. I have recently discovered phones and more recently discovered Tasker. My skills are quite rusty but with the help others (you included) I am finding my way. This is a wonderful resource.

As some have already pointed out, this is a great task to include in a wake-up profile. However, not all of us work or sleep on a regular schedule. I remember the 'good ole days' when I could get by on just two jobs.

A moving time segment from 'now' to 'set_length' would be ideal. I think I can work that out. But Event location (address) to pass to Google Maps or Waze as a destination is a topic for which I haven't found much information. Do you (or anyone else) have any suggestions?

Yes, simply pull the location by doing Test App --> Calendar Location, store that in a variable (just like we're doing with time, event title, and calendar name) then when you're done you can navigate to that location by using a Google Maps Navigation intent: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ent-on-android
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
assistant, calendar, events, google calendar, tasker

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes