871 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,913

By MishaalRahman, Editor in Chief on 10th March 2016, 05:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st January 2018, 07:31 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Mmistake at step 10
There is just a little mistake at step 10 : code should read "%event1, at %time2" instead of "%event1, at %time 2".
As a beginner at Tasker, it took me quite a bit of time to find it :P
Anyway, wonderful task ! Tnx !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blue_shrink For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blue_shrink Ad-Free
28th March 2018, 12:12 PM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hey,

I've got a question. I've adapted the script(s) found in this guide/the comments so it will only show an event if it is within an hour.

However, I'm trying to show a certain picture for each specific event (recurring daily events). To do so, I've tried to compare the title of an event with the list of events.

At the moment, the events are stored as Calevents1, Calevents2 and so on.
Currently, I'm trying to use:
If
%Calevents() ~R %Calevents1
Popup with image
End if

However, which the current syntax it will show me popup if there is any task, not just the task Calevents1.
Does anyone have a better idea of how to get this to worK?

Thank you!

EDIT: Alright, I figured out one way to do it. For those who want to know, you can use this syntax to compare the stored events with the current event:
%Calevents1 ~R %event2
popup with image 1
else if
%Calevents2 ~R %event2
popup with image 2
end if

However, the downside of this is that if the calendar events change, the combinations between action and picture will be messed up.
So do keep in mind that this would only work if the same activities occur everyday, which might make it quite pointless for a lot of you.

A better way would be to search for matches between a word and the name of an event, however I have not yet been able to figure out how to do this.
28th February 2019, 10:01 AM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks, this helped a lot, did some modification to get events from iCal, will post this here later.
19th September 2019, 06:22 AM |#64  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question
Thanks for this. I picked up the modified version that included extra arrays for dealing with overlaps (can't see an attach file option to make it obvious which one I am referring to).

I want to use this to pull any instance from the calendar called Leave or Public Holiday to set my finger volume to loud during weekdays when my phone would otherwise need to be silent. I also therefore need to remove the notifications built into this.

Could someone please assist?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
assistant, calendar, events, google calendar, tasker

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)