Thanks Meter: 2,019

Post Reply Email Thread
10th March 2016, 09:54 AM |#21  
Here
Thanks Meter: 649

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contivity

Did you try to wait longer? I thought mine also bootloop-ed until I remember that the wipe cache & wipe dalvik command would cause the phone to take a while to load. I waited around 10 minutes.

I waited more than 20 minutes to no avail
No idea what went wrong but it's weird :P
10th March 2016, 01:15 PM |#22  
Flag Montabaur
Thanks Meter: 216

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdknight

I don't have much experience with running scripts. Is it safe to leave out the "/nwipe dalvik" part? I assume that would just skip wiping Dalvik?

That would be interesting for me, too. Did you try leaving it out? And if yes, did it work?
The Following User Says Thank You to Follow_and_Feel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Follow_and_Feel Ad-Free
10th March 2016, 04:12 PM |#23  
Flag Montabaur
Thanks Meter: 216

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdknight

I don't have much experience with running scripts. Is it safe to leave out the "/nwipe dalvik" part? I assume that would just skip wiping Dalvik?

I erased the "/nwipe dalvik" part and it works fine No android system update after that. Good idea!
The Following User Says Thank You to Follow_and_Feel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Follow_and_Feel Ad-Free
10th March 2016, 05:02 PM |#24  
Flag South Jersey
Thanks Meter: 52

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follow_and_Feel

I erased the "/nwipe dalvik" part and it works fine No android system update after that. Good idea!

Groovy. When I ran it again, I forgot to delete it (smh), but my main task at that time was to compare backups with and without compression. I don't know why I haven't used that option yet. Now I just have to try again later to compare this setup to manual to make sure everything is getting backed up. I noticed a big difference in size, so I want to double-check it before I make it my go-to setup.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mdknight For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mdknight Ad-Free
10th March 2016, 06:11 PM |#25  
Anaheim
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giblet-dono

I waited more than 20 minutes to no avail
No idea what went wrong but it's weird :P

I have no idea either, but I actually plugged my phone in then do adb logcat so I realize that it's re-initializing everything (including the Updating Apps part)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follow_and_Feel

That would be interesting for me, too. Did you try leaving it out? And if yes, did it work?

The echo line is pretty much saying display whatever within the quotes. The ">" sign means to put it into a new file. The "\n" actually means new line or an enter.
10th March 2016, 06:14 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
The backup seems to default to the internal storage. Is there any way to get it to write the backup to the external SD card (i.e. /storage/sdcard1)?
10th March 2016, 06:39 PM |#27  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 359

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huladaddy

The backup seems to default to the internal storage. Is there any way to get it to write the backup to the external SD card (i.e. /storage/sdcard1)?

I was able to browse and locate my external card.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to sbcrumb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sbcrumb Ad-Free
10th March 2016, 07:19 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskala

I was able to browse and locate my external card.

Are you talking about deleting the directory in tasker? That's fine. I'm talking about the command in the script that does the backup:
Code:
backup SDBOM weeklybackup
It doesn't specify which storage device, and in my case defaulted to internal storage.

Have you tested your configuration to confirm that it stores the backup on your external SD card?
10th March 2016, 07:25 PM |#29  
Flag Ohio

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huladaddy

Are you talking about deleting the directory in tasker? That's fine. I'm talking about the command in the script that does the backup:

Code:
backup SDBOM weeklybackup
It doesn't specify which storage device, and in my case defaulted to internal storage.

Have you tested your configuration to confirm that it stores the backup on your external SD card?

Yes I have tested it and it does go to the SD card.

I will redo the profile and screen shot the part where it looks for the SD card.
The Following User Says Thank You to sbcrumb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sbcrumb Ad-Free
10th March 2016, 08:38 PM |#30  
Flag Ohio

Donate to Me
More
I made some changes, I didn't want the cache being wiped each time and I wanted to possible do more than weekly. So I am using this command.
chmod 0777 /cache/recovery
echo "backup SDBOM Backup-%DATE">/cache/recovery/openrecoveryscript

I removed the delete also cause I am creating a DIR with the date each time.
As for the SD card it is without my input backing up to that. I am assuming cause I did a manual one to that storage the last time.
10th March 2016, 09:13 PM |#31  
OP Editor in Chief
Thanks Meter: 2,019

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contivity

Did you try to wait longer? I thought mine also bootloop-ed until I remember that the wipe cache & wipe dalvik command would cause the phone to take a while to load. I waited around 10 minutes.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Did you try: http://wiki.rootzwiki.com/OpenRecoveryScript

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

@MishaalRahman I found that you don't have to chmod 0777 in the beginning and you don't have to use "Secure Settings".

I tested to touch the file in tasker and it created the file just fine.

In regards to Secure Settings, I added the task code -> run shell -> 'reboot recovery'

Maybe you don't, but I found that without changing the permissions in shell I was unable to write the script to that directory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arstoien

FYI here are my additions to the Profile:
â?¢ Instead of only Sunday, run it every day but execute the backup only if the last backup is at least 1 week old. This removes the chance of having a backup too old because you weren't home Sunday, or you weren't charging that night, etc.
â?¢ When booting (only if rebooted from the profile) enter the sim pin code, so you wouldn't miss any emergency phone calls/sms
â?¢ If next clock alarm is too soon (say closer than 3 hrs), then don't start a backup
â?¢ Log the time and date of backups to a custom log file.
â?¢ If by any chance the screen is on while Profile conditions are met, delay the backup by 15 min, so no work is accidentally lost.

If anyone's interested, I'll leave more detailed info on each of the points.

Brilliant idea! I'm assuming you're checking when the file was last modified?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, tasker, twrp, weekly

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)