FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Help with Samsung Smartview autoconnect to device

388 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

By alturismo, Senior Member on 6th November 2019, 04:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

i d like to create a task so it autoenables smartview and connects to a given device.

i couldnt find the trigger todo so, is it may not possible ?

The Trigger Bluetooth is clear, but i cant figure the way to use smartview with device as task ...

for an Tipp thanks ahead
6th November 2019, 08:02 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2,363

More
Unfortunately, I haven't had a Samsung in years, but a post in the S7 Q/A forum suggests using an app called Miracast Shortcut.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
8th November 2019, 06:21 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Unfortunately, I haven't had a Samsung in years, but a post in the S7 Q/A forum suggests using an app called Miracast Shortcut.

thanks for the tip, i gave it a try, this will only open the screen share page on the phone, there is no auto connect option in the app so it wont connect to the cast device actually.

was worth a try
8th November 2019, 01:42 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alturismo

thanks for the tip, i gave it a try, this will only open the screen share page on the phone, there is no auto connect option in the app so it wont connect to the cast device actually.

was worth a try

Try using the net -> bluetooth connection action
8th November 2019, 07:46 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Try using the net -> bluetooth connection action

Hi, thanks, but thats exactly what im doing in profile, using the bluetooth connect to car to open the app, but the app doesnt auto connect to the cast device (and there is no option as far as i see in the app todo so), so the point in auto connect to the device cannot be provided like this in my usecase.

thanks for the tip with BT, that is my trigger already to start the action, but the action "auto connect to a cast device" ... is not given to me.
8th November 2019, 08:13 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alturismo

Hi, thanks, but thats exactly what im doing in profile, using the bluetooth connect to car to open the app, but the app doesnt auto connect to the cast device (and there is no option as far as i see in the app todo so), so the point in auto connect to the device cannot be provided like this in my usecase.

thanks for the tip with BT, that is my trigger already to start the action, but the action "auto connect to a cast device" ... is not given to me.

There is a tasker plugin by the same developer called AutoCast. Maybe it will help you.

I don't do any of this, so obviously I don't have any personal experience to offer. You might try on the tasker Google groups forum.
11th November 2019, 11:15 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

There is a tasker plugin by the same developer called AutoCast. Maybe it will help you.

I don't do any of this, so obviously I don't have any personal experience to offer. You might try on the tasker Google groups forum.

was a great idea, sadly this app (beta state) only supports google devices, no miracast device, but that function would have been the winner, thanks again
11th November 2019, 01:55 PM |#8  

More
Probably a part of the problem is that Google removed miracast support from "stock" android awhile ago. That dates back to the nexus 6 days.
12th November 2019, 11:08 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Probably a part of the problem is that Google removed miracast support from "stock" android awhile ago. That dates back to the nexus 6 days.

contacted the developer of the autocast plugin and he confirmed, only works with google cast devices like i (sadly) expected.

thanks anyway for the hint.
12th November 2019, 03:33 PM |#10  

More
That's always working to automate the tap(s) required. You could use Tasker to open the app, AutoInput UI query to determine when it's open, then an AutoInput action to enable the device connection.
13th November 2019, 02:06 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
probably yes, but thats now too much read and trial and error for now, thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)