FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How do I set a timed vibrate toggle(And put it in the 'Settings' pulldown)

135 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By Mikey1969, Senior Member on 11th January 2020, 05:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,
I had a nifty feature back in LLama where I could set my phone to silent and it would ask me how long. It came in handy at the movies or other private events, I know it's really easy to do, and there is even this guide:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3829624

On how to just set a toggle and set it as a tile in the exact location I wanted. The thing I'd like to add is a popup asking me how long to set it to vibrate for, and then have it return to its previous state when that time has expired. Minutes and hours would be preferable. If this isn't possible to do with a tile in the settings pulldown, then just setting up a widget would be cool.

So, to clarify:
Open the settings and click on the tile, or activate the widget on my screen
Popup appears
Choose how many hours minutes I'd like it to be on vibrate, hit 'Done'
At the end of that time, it returns to normal(Or, failing that, it just returns to a setting I choose if I can't just have it return to its last state.

I'm sure that this one is super easy, still learning Tasker, so I'm not sure where to start. As always, I appreciate all of the help in this AWESOME community! Every time I come to XDA, no matter what the subject is, I remember what community help forums used to be like.
12th January 2020, 02:25 AM |#2  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 2,688

More
The simple answer is to set vibration mode on then create a scene with two data entries (number, text field, whatever) one for hours and the other for minutes. Use those values to create a wait in the task and after the wait, switch vibration mode off.

What I personally hate about that method is the task is just sitting there counting down. I prefer to make use of a time context in a profile. That means the time entered in a scene needs to be converted to a future time so the profile will trigger at that time.

I didn't feel like writing everything that covered the methods of creating a task like this. The following link is to a project you can import that covers the bases of turning on vibration mode and turning it off again. It's toggled from one of Tasker's quick settings tiles (#2). The vibration mode can be cancelled either based on the delay entered (time), or through a cancel button in a notification, or by tapping the same quick settings tile again.

The actions in this project are heavily commented.

Vibrate Mode Project
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)