FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to activate/deactivate a qs tile upon screen off/on?

328 posts
Thanks Meter: 41

By Sjain11, Senior Member on 25th November 2019, 03:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
In android 10,a new feature called as TURN ALL SENSORS OFF is available in developer settings. It also has a qs tile.
Is there a way to automatically enable this feature upon screen off and then disable upon screen on?
25th November 2019, 11:01 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2,423

More
The obvious answer is absolutely yes using AutoInput to emulate the touches. That can also be done with more effort using just built in Tasker actions.

However, it's possible (likely?) That there is a secure setting that controls this action. You can sort that out by comparing the secure settings before and after toggling the tile. The AutoTools secure settings action has an assistant that may help you sort this out.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
25th November 2019, 11:31 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

The obvious answer is absolutely yes using AutoInput to emulate the touches. That can also be done with more effort using just built in Tasker actions.

However, it's possible (likely?) That there is a secure setting that controls this action. You can sort that out by comparing the secure settings before and after toggling the tile. The AutoTools secure settings action has an assistant that may help you sort this out.

1) In android 10,there is an option to disable all sensors in developer options. So i turned it on last night, and battery drain was less than 2 % in 4 hrs, compared to 1% per hour usually, with volte and 4g data on. I would get more accurate stats later on.
There's a qs tile available to activate it.
What I want to ask is, is there a way to automatically enable it every time the screen goes off, and then disable it when screen goes on, without any user input?Either as a shortcut or as a qs tile.

2) I am afraid i don't have enough knowledge to exactly understand the steps you are telling. Do you know of a pre made recipe to execute this. I tried to search but in vain. Or if you are on android 10,maybe you can try doing what i need.

Thank you.
26th November 2019, 01:38 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2,423

More
There are loads of tutorials available to use the AutoInput plugin.

As far as issuing the native tasker custom setting action;

Create a new task

Add a Settings -> Custom Setting action

A developer settings action is probably a global setting but you may have to explore

When you are in the configuration for the Custom Setting action, use the magnifying glass and Find to identify the setting you want. A pop-up will appear directing you to ok out of the instructions then go to the setting you want to manage, activate the setting and return to Tasker. Then hit the magnifying glass again and if the setting was identified, it will display in the pop-up where you can select it.

No offence, even if I were on A10, this can be done with a basic understanding of Tasker so I wouldn't create a project for it. If you are still unsure what to do, please take the time to work through some basic tasker tutorials to gain familiarity with the app.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
26th November 2019, 02:13 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

There are loads of tutorials available to use the AutoInput plugin.

As far as issuing the native tasker custom setting action;

Create a new task

Add a Settings -> Custom Setting action

A developer settings action is probably a global setting but you may have to explore

When you are in the configuration for the Custom Setting action, use the magnifying glass and Find to identify the setting you want. A pop-up will appear directing you to ok out of the instructions then go to the setting you want to manage, activate the setting and return to Tasker. Then hit the magnifying glass again and if the setting was identified, it will display in the pop-up where you can select it.

No offence, even if I were on A10, this can be done with a basic understanding of Tasker so I wouldn't create a project for it. If you are still unsure what to do, please take the time to work through some basic tasker tutorials to gain familiarity with the app.

Will follow the steps. If I encounter any issues, will reply back here.
Big thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)