FORUMS

Increments in Tasker volume control

710 posts
Thanks Meter: 174

By wolfgrrl, Senior Member on 13th February 2020, 01:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm on a Galaxy S10 Plus and have over 15 increments in all my sound controls. Tasker only has 15 increments. I've got Tasker set to lower my notification volume at work but Tasker's "1" step isn't low enough. My phone sound has the ability to go many steps lower than Tasker's "1".

How can I address this in Tasker to get the volume lower than 1 or to increase the sound increments in Tasker? Thank you!
13th February 2020, 05:18 PM |#2  
Forum Moderator
Flag Deep Space Station K7
Thanks Meter: 3,197

More
A couple of thoughts...

If you use a variable entry set to 0, does it go lower? If you're not yet aware, tap the double arrow button to get to an input field.

Or, see if a custom settings action will give you fine grained control.
13th February 2020, 05:22 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
I'm not sure how to use a variable entry to adjust the sound. Can you please elaborate?

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

A couple of thoughts...

If you use a variable entry set to 0, does it go lower? If you're not yet aware, tap the double arrow button to get to an input field.

Or, see if a custom settings action will give you fine grained control.

21st February 2020, 12:30 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
I'm sorry but I don't see how to use a variable to set sound increments. Can you help? Thank you!

21st February 2020, 04:28 PM |#6  
Forum Moderator
Flag Deep Space Station K7
Thanks Meter: 3,197

More
I don't know what more to tell you. Create a variable, set it to a value (see the link that was posted) and use that variable in the action you are using to control the notification volume (tapping the crossed arrows to get the input field as mentioned in my first reply)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)