FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

intervelometer

1,277 posts
Thanks Meter: 124

By acidspider, Senior Member on 8th October 2019, 08:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I wish to be able to take multiple photos with touching the phone or talking to it or smiling at it I want it to take photos after setting it, until I stop it

Can tasker be my answer and do this somehow?

Would be great if someone could assist me with this

Thanks in advance
8th October 2019, 10:24 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2,269

More
You can create a task that takes a picture, waits however long you want them loops back using a "go to" action to take a picture again. Putting an if statement to check a variable (maybe "takePhoto") in the "go to" action and execute the "go to" only if the "takePhoto" variable is true.

I would have a profile that calls this task if that "takePhoto" variable is true.

To start the process of taking pictures, use a Tasker shortcut/widget to call a task that sets the "takePhoto" variable to true. The next time that Tasker shortcut/widget is run, clear the "takePhoto" variable which will stop the task that is actually taking photos. You can toggle the "takePhoto" variable using logic like:

A1: If [ %takePhoto ~ true ]

A2: Variable Clear [
Name:%takePhoto
Pattern Matching: Off
Local Variables Only: Off

A3: Else

A4: Variable Set [
To: true
Recurse Variables: Off
Do Maths: Off
Append: Off
Max Rounding Digits:0

A5: End If
9th October 2019, 08:24 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Duolicated
9th October 2019, 09:56 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

You can create a task that takes a picture, waits however long you want them loops back using a "go to" action to take a picture again. Putting an if statement to check a variable (maybe "takePhoto") in the "go to" action and execute the "go to" only if the "takePhoto" variable is true.

I would have a profile that calls this task if that "takePhoto" variable is true.

To start the process of taking pictures, use a Tasker shortcut/widget to call a task that sets the "takePhoto" variable to true. The next time that Tasker shortcut/widget is run, clear the "takePhoto" variable which will stop the task that is actually taking photos. You can toggle the "takePhoto" variable using logic like:

A1: If [ %takePhoto ~ true ]

A2: Variable Clear [
Pattern Matching: Off
Local Variables Only: Off

A3: Else

A4: Variable Set [
To: true
Recurse Variables: Off
Do Maths: Off
Append: Off
Max Rounding Digits:0

A5: End If

sorry but istruggling to get the hang of this, is there a way you can create the profile and I can load it to my tasker?
9th October 2019, 03:03 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2,269

More
I could, but I'm not interested in writing other people's tasks for them . There are apps in the play store that won't require Tasker.

If you post your current attempt (see the sticky post in this forum for help with that), I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot or tweak.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)