It's so my son's tablet can use the hotspot when we're on the move...
Thanks in advance
Add an exit task. Tap the profile name to expand it. There will be a green arrow pointing to the task you created. Long press on top of the task name. A menu will appear and at the top is: "add exit task" (or something similar ).
Now add an action to turn off the hotspot. And a second action to turn on Wi-Fi.
For anyone still trying to get this working, I can confirm it works on a rooted Nexus 5x running Nougat 7.1.2 and on my stock Pixel 2 XL running Oreo 8.1 using the method provided by @ktmom
The way I did it was as follows: (Below instructions used for my Pixel 2 XL) instructions used for the rooted Nexus 5x are similar except in step 3 you DO NEED to install app to system then restart the phone!)
Prereqs: Tasker & Nougat+ Tasker Tethering Control
1. New Profile -> State -> Net -> BT Connected
2. New Task -> Plugin -> Toggle Tethering -> Click Config Pencil -> Enable Tether -> Open setting buttons below -> Toggle Allow modify system settings
3. Go back, don't worry about clicking Install app to system and go back again, and back one more time -> Click the play button at the bottom left to test to see if it works. Prosper! (Don't turn tethering off just yet)
4. Go back to profiles, and long press on the Toggle Tethering Enable tether task and click Add Exit Task
5. New Task -> Plugin -> Toggle Tethering -> Click Config Pencil -> Click Disable Tether radio button -> go back 2 times -> click the play button at the bottom left to test to see if tethering has been turned off.
Yep I use it manually already.. Trying to automate it now.
How come not able to share internet via BT when the phone is connected to wifi? See screenshot attached. . [Bt pairing](https://i.imgur.com/IU7YkX6.jpg)
I have a spare phone (no internet or service) in car for android auto and not able to tether using Bluetooth from that spare phone to my regular active phone. Only way is wifi hot spot but that will chew up lot of battery right? So hoping when I get in car and my phone connects to car bt, it should then allow my spare phone to connect to my main phone BT to get Internet so android auto music and all works through it. [Bt pairing](https://i.imgur.com/IU7YkX6.jpg)
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|