FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Launching hotspot when paired with car bluetooth

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By Liamesque66, Junior Member on 18th September 2017, 07:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th January 2018, 02:58 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag SLC
Thanks Meter: 67
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy

Not working on Verizon Note 8, not rooted @ Step #3.

Just to make sure, you did install Nougat+ Tasker Tethering Control, right?
Also, did you restart the phone for good measure after completing ALL steps even if it wasn't working at the end of it?
Did you try going through the steps a few more times to make sure nothing was missed?

Again, I can only confirm it worked for me on my STOCK Pixel 2 XL on Oreo 8.1, and my ROOTED Nexus 5x on Nougat 7.1.2.
Also tried and have it working on my Essential PH-1 on 7.1.1 rooted and stock. Also on Oreo 8.0 Beta 2 rooted and stock using the exact steps mentioned.
16th January 2018, 04:36 PM |#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by surface13

Just to make sure, you did install Nougat+ Tasker Tethering Control, right?
Also, did you restart the phone for good measure after completing ALL steps even if it wasn't working at the end of it?
Did you try going through the steps a few more times to make sure nothing was missed?

Again, I can only confirm it worked for me on my STOCK Pixel 2 XL on Oreo 8.1, and my ROOTED Nexus 5x on Nougat 7.1.2.
Also tried and have it working on my Essential PH-1 on 7.1.1 rooted and stock. Also on Oreo 8.0 Beta 2 rooted and stock using the exact steps mentioned.

It's the step 3, click play is giving error.. Root required error.



See attached error.. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180116-083542.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	4391207
16th January 2018, 06:05 PM |#13  
Senior Member
Flag SLC
Thanks Meter: 67
 
Donate to Me
More
I've attached pictures showing what I did and that it works. Again this is on Pixel 2 XL. Need to make sure you enable "Allow Modify System Settings" See picture 4.
I can't confirm it works for anything other than the 3 phones I mentioned.
However, someone said they got their Note 8 working by posting on the Tasker forums and got answers. An internet search will probably land you where that guy ended up.
If it still doesn't work for you, maybe you have some security software installed, or it just won't work for you for other reasons /shrug
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	838
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	4391261   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	824
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	4391262   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	806
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	4391263   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Views:	852
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	4391264   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.png
Views:	836
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	4391265   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.png
Views:	826
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	4391266   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.png
Views:	728
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	4391267   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	726
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	4391268  
16th January 2018, 10:23 PM |#14  
ktmom's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,269
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy

It's the step 3, click play is giving error.. Root required error.

See attached error..

Click image for larger version

Name:	toggleTether.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	4391511

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
18th January 2018, 12:15 AM |#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Ya states need root on note 8 for this to work.
27th January 2018, 10:14 AM |#16  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I have buy a xioami mi A1, this phone have OTA update that hang when you change/write system partition (install wifi hotspot Tasker plugin), I guess is the same for pixel 2 that use the same update system...

So How can I use the Tasker plugin and preserve OTA update?! I guess some magisk module...any suggestions?!
27th January 2018, 01:55 PM |#17  
ktmom's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,269
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam1kazze

I have buy a xioami mi A1, this phone have OTA update that hang when you change/write system partition (install wifi hotspot Tasker plugin), I guess is the same for pixel 2 that use the same update system...

So How can I use the Tasker plugin and preserve OTA update?! I guess some magisk module...any suggestions?!

Two thoughts; this Magisk Module, or FlashFire to install your OTA.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
8th March 2018, 03:48 PM |#18  
Sophos1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pacific NW
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by surface13

Just to make sure, you did install Nougat+ Tasker Tethering Control, right?
Also, did you restart the phone for good measure after completing ALL steps even if it wasn't working at the end of it?
Did you try going through the steps a few more times to make sure nothing was missed?

Again, I can only confirm it worked for me on my STOCK Pixel 2 XL on Oreo 8.1, and my ROOTED Nexus 5x on Nougat 7.1.2.
Also tried and have it working on my Essential PH-1 on 7.1.1 rooted and stock. Also on Oreo 8.0 Beta 2 rooted and stock using the exact steps mentioned.

Can you confirm this is still working? I have a stock Pixel 2 XL and can't seem to get it to work either. I'm a Tasker noob but followed the instructions laid out here.

ThxClick image for larger version

Name:	photostudio_1520524000269.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	4441239

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
8th March 2018, 04:00 PM |#19  
Senior Member
Flag SLC
Thanks Meter: 67
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophos1

Can you confirm this is still working? I have a stock Pixel 2 XL and can't seem to get it to work either. I'm a Tasker noob but followed the instructions laid out here.

ThxAttachment 4441239

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I don't have my P2XL anymore. I can, however, confirm it is working on my Essential PH-1. Although I am rooted, I am not using the root version of this. It is also working on my stock Nexus 5x.
Just want to make sure you enabled "Allow Modify System Settings"

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Maybe check the pictures posted in post #13
The Following User Says Thank You to surface13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surface13 Ad-Free
8th March 2018, 04:11 PM |#20  
Sophos1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pacific NW
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by surface13

Unfortunately I don't have my P2XL anymore. I can, however, confirm it is working on my Essential PH-1. Although I am rooted, I am not using the root version of this. It is also working on my stock Nexus 5x.
Just want to make sure you enabled "Allow Modify System Settings"

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Maybe check the pictures posted in post #13

So weird. I have it set up exactly like you in the pictures...tried rebooting, reinstalling... nada.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
8th March 2018, 05:05 PM |#21  
ktmom's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,269
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophos1

So weird. I have it set up exactly like you in the pictures...tried rebooting, reinstalling... nada.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It always helps to post an export of the DESCRIPTION (not xml) of the problem task. Long press task (or profile) to select, 3-dot menu, export-> description to clipboard. Easier for people to view if pasted to pastebin.com it will up the forum from replacing characters with emoticons and allows easier manipulation of the data.

What does the tasker log say? And you could look at a logcat. It's always possible the selinux mode or something about the ROM is causing problems.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes