Thanks Meter: 4

By Liamesque66, Junior Member on 18th September 2017, 07:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th March 2018, 05:05 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 2,269

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophos1

So weird. I have it set up exactly like you in the pictures...tried rebooting, reinstalling... nada.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It always helps to post an export of the DESCRIPTION (not xml) of the problem task. Long press task (or profile) to select, 3-dot menu, export-> description to clipboard. Easier for people to view if pasted to pastebin.com it will up the forum from replacing characters with emoticons and allows easier manipulation of the data.

What does the tasker log say? And you could look at a logcat. It's always possible the selinux mode or something about the ROM is causing problems.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
10th March 2018, 04:13 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
For people who aren't rooted, Secure Settings, while no longer updated, works great for enabling/disabling Hotspot mode when Tasker's Wifi Tether seems flaky.
26th March 2018, 01:43 PM |#23  
Flag Seekonk
Thanks Meter: 48

Donate to Me
More
So I'm on a Stock Pixel 2XL with the latest security patch and neither Secure Settings nor Nouget+ Tether Toggle work for me.
26th March 2018, 02:55 PM |#24  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsylvia007

So I'm on a Stock Pixel 2XL with the latest security patch and neither Secure Settings nor Nouget+ Tether Toggle work for me.

That's always a automated tap on the quick settings tile or a more convoluted access to the settings menu as described on Stack Exchange.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
26th March 2018, 04:09 PM |#25  
Flag Seekonk
Thanks Meter: 48

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

That's always a automated tap on the quick settings tile or a more convoluted access to the settings menu as described on Stack Exchange.

So... My primary reason for not rooting was that it would break Android Pay... It seems now that I look, the newest Magisk has everything working without issues... Can anyone confirm that root is in fact working and Android Pay also continues to function after rooting with Magisk? I haven't rooted since my Nexus 5X and I ran a custom rom on that phone. Don't see a need to do all that on this phone, as it works fine currently, but would love to get some root functionality back.
26th March 2018, 04:16 PM |#26  

More
I haven't heard of any one having trouble with android pay, using Magisk and Magisk hide (or SuperSu with SuperSu hide). Though most of these functions can be done using AutoTools Et al. without rooting.

27th March 2018, 11:54 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hey, guys. i got a similiar problem. I have a honor 8 and something is wrong with the current firmware. hotspot is disabling itself automatically from time to time. I'm using tasker and have build a task similar to the mentioned here in this thread.

I try to build a workaround to get rid of the problem with my hotspot. My idea is. If connected to XXX via BT switch Hotspot on. If disconnected to XXX via BT, turn hotspot of and Wifi on. This my current task. Now i would like to have a "check if connection to XXX via BT is active -> turn or keep hotspot on." So if tasker could check the bt connection from time to time and keep or switch hotspot on, i think i could get rid of my problem. Any ideas? Thx
9th April 2018, 08:12 AM |#28  
Flag seoul
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Here is easy, simple app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.carspot.wifi
2nd June 2018, 09:36 PM |#29  
Flag Edina
Thanks Meter: 275

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheon

Here is easy, simple app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.carspot.wifi

I wish it worked on my Pixel 2 XL, but it didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surface13

For anyone still trying to get this working, I can confirm it works on a rooted Nexus 5x running Nougat 7.1.2 and on my stock Pixel 2 XL running Oreo 8.1 using the method provided by @ktmom
The way I did it was as follows: (Below instructions used for my Pixel 2 XL) instructions used for the rooted Nexus 5x are similar except in step 3 you DO NEED to install app to system then restart the phone!)
Prereqs: Tasker & Nougat+ Tasker Tethering Control
1. New Profile -> State -> Net -> BT Connected
2. New Task -> Plugin -> Toggle Tethering -> Click Config Pencil -> Enable Tether -> Open setting buttons below -> Toggle Allow modify system settings
3. Go back, don't worry about clicking Install app to system and go back again, and back one more time -> Click the play button at the bottom left to test to see if it works. Prosper! (Don't turn tethering off just yet)
4. Go back to profiles, and long press on the Toggle Tethering Enable tether task and click Add Exit Task
5. New Task -> Plugin -> Toggle Tethering -> Click Config Pencil -> Click Disable Tether radio button -> go back 2 times -> click the play button at the bottom left to test to see if tethering has been turned off.

These steps worked on my rooted with Magisk Pixel 2 XL May Patch. One change is I am using the "Nougat+ Tasker Tethering Control" Magisk module. So, with that I didn't need to "Open setting buttons below -> Toggle Allow modify system settings ." I did need to toggle "Allow modify system settings " on for Taskr but not for Nougat+ Tasker Tethering Control
16th June 2018, 10:12 PM |#30  
Flag Ioannina
Thanks Meter: 513

More
Hi. I use Nougat+ Tasker Tethering Control plugin which is working in oreo, note 8 without root.
So i have created 2 scripts. One enabling wifi tethering, and another disabling wifi tethering.
But i want to toggle the wifi tethering.
By running the script, if wifi tethering is of, enable it, otherwise disabe it.
I'm newbie here to tasker. How can i do just this? (no bluetooth, no anything, just run the script and toggle tethering.)
Thanks,
17th June 2018, 02:58 AM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosimple

Hi. I use Nougat+ Tasker Tethering Control plugin which is working in oreo, note 8 without root.
So i have created 2 scripts. One enabling wifi tethering, and another disabling wifi tethering.
But i want to toggle the wifi tethering.
By running the script, if wifi tethering is of, enable it, otherwise disabe it.
I'm newbie here to tasker. How can i do just this? (no bluetooth, no anything, just run the script and toggle tethering.)
Thanks,

Assuming that what you're calling "scripts", Tasker refers to as "tasks", then one of many possible solutions is:

Create a task (make sure to name it) with the first action an IF action whose condition is "%Tethering not matches true"

The a second action (after the opening IF) sets the variable "Tethering" to "true"

Third action is an ElseIf

Fourth action is "variable clear %Tethering"

Fifth action close the IF statement with an "End IF"

Now use a Tasker widget on the desktop and link it to the named task you just created. When tapped, the logic will be executed in the task and the variable Tethering will get toggled between "true" and unset.

To take advantage of this, create a profile with a context "Variable Value" and configure it: "%Tethering matches true". When prompted for an entry task, select the task you previously created to enable WiFi tethering. Then link the task you previously created to disable WiFi tethering as the exit task for the same profile.

When the widget is tapped and the %Tethering variable is set to true, the profile fires and the task to enable WiFi tethering is executed. The next time the widget is tapped, the %Tethering variable clears turning off the profile which causes the exit task to run disabling WiFi tethering.

The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)