FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Launching hotspot when paired with car bluetooth

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By Liamesque66, Junior Member on 18th September 2017, 08:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th October 2019, 06:40 AM |#81  
ktmom's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,363
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibrone

Yes, hotspot can be turned on manually. I plan to have it turn on whenever it either sees or connects to the truck's bluetooth. I haven't rooted it, being a new phone has me paranoid to mess with it yet but I've seen it can be done pretty easily. I really want to get this to work so I'll probably just do it.

I'm posting this from a Pixel 3XL, though I'm still on Pie. Toggling hotspot with root is very reliable for me, so I would expect it to be for you as well.

Post back if you need more help either to implement simulated touches or after rooting.
27th October 2019, 10:42 AM |#82  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

This is one of the devices where the OS presents a pop-up confirmation like you describe. AFAIK, the only way around this is with simulated taps. Either to clear the pop-up, or to initially turn on BT, mimicking the way a user does it.

Thanks, i set Bluetooth always on
27th October 2019, 05:42 PM |#83  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

I'm posting this from a Pixel 3XL, though I'm still on Pie. Toggling hotspot with root is very reliable for me, so I would expect it to be for you as well.

Post back if you need more help either to implement simulated touches or after rooting.

I may give AutoInput a try, I want to avoid rooting if possible so I can leave auto updates on without worry.

In the tasker app, everything seems like it should work. I followed a video tutorial, I set state->BT connected to my truck->wifi tether, then another that's cloned/inverted with tether off. It seems straight forward so the troubles may be the phone and not (hopefully) me. I appreciate your help.

I pay $15/mo for unlimited wifi in my truck. My phone plan has unlimited hotspot, first 15gb @ LTE which is plenty. I'm throwing $ away on a second data service for my dashcam's cloud connection.
29th October 2019, 07:03 PM |#84  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedenj

Has anyone gotten this to work on an unrooted Pixel 3(XL)?

Anyone?
29th October 2019, 07:20 PM |#85  
ktmom's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,363
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedenj

Anyone?

Ask in the device Q/A forum. There is not as much visibility here as there. While I have Pixel 3XL, it's rooted.
29th October 2019, 07:24 PM |#86  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Ask in the device Q/A forum. There is not as much visibility here as there. While I have Pixel 3XL, it's rooted.

Thanks for the reply. It has been a few years since I have rooted a phone. Are there downsides to rooting, like OTA updates? Getting Tasker to work would be the only reason I'd be rooting.

Thanks!
29th October 2019, 07:44 PM |#87  
ktmom's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,363
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedenj

Thanks for the reply. It has been a few years since I have rooted a phone. Are there downsides to rooting, like OTA updates? Getting Tasker to work would be the only reason I'd be rooting.

Thanks!

This is getting off topic for this forum...

I don't take OTAs, I Fastboot flash updates. Aside from Tasker, my first root app installed is ACC. Aside from helping prolong battery life, for the pixel devices, you can enable fast wireless charging on 3rd party chargers.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes