FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Make phone send a notification every ten seconds?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By zugurudumba, Junior Member on 1st November 2019, 10:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

I'm currently taking driving lessons and one of the most basic thing a driver should do is look in the rearview mirrors at least once every 5-7 seconds. That's the recommended time interval in my country. However, I keep forgetting to do this and I need a constant reminder, at least until I form a habit.
I want to use Tasker to set up an alert / notification to go out every 10 seconds on my Android smartphone. This will then be caught by my Amazfit Bip on my left wrist, which will vibrate when the notification is issued. This way I'll have a constant reminder during driving lessons to check the mirrors.

I tried to set up Tasker, but it only lets me create an event every two minutes. Is there any way to lower this threshold to 10 seconds? Or maybe another app which can achieve this?

Cheers.
1st November 2019, 04:56 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2,363

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugurudumba

Hello,

I'm currently taking driving lessons and one of the most basic thing a driver should do is look in the rearview mirrors at least once every 5-7 seconds. That's the recommended time interval in my country. However, I keep forgetting to do this and I need a constant reminder, at least until I form a habit.
I want to use Tasker to set up an alert / notification to go out every 10 seconds on my Android smartphone. This will then be caught by my Amazfit Bip on my left wrist, which will vibrate when the notification is issued. This way I'll have a constant reminder during driving lessons to check the mirrors.

I tried to set up Tasker, but it only lets me create an event every two minutes. Is there any way to lower this threshold to 10 seconds? Or maybe another app which can achieve this?

Cheers.

Instead of using an a time context, create a loop with a 10 second wait in a task. Make sure you have a way to turn this off. Possibly set a variable and launch a notification at the start of the task. In the notification, use an action button to clear the variable. Loop only if the variable is set.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)