FORUMS

Making Tasker aware of Google Home members

362 posts
Thanks Meter: 24

By trikpa, Senior Member on 6th February 2020, 10:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys!

This is the idea:

I would like to set Tasker to perform certain tasks when I leave home but only if no other member is at home. For instance, I want it to turn off heating when I leave home but if my wife is at home, obviously I don't want it to happen.

Is there a way Tasker can see if and how many Google Home members are at home? Ideally would be if the rest of home members don't have to have Tasker installed.

Thanks in advance!
8th February 2020, 12:06 AM |#2  
Forum Moderator
Flag Deep Space Station K7
Thanks Meter: 3,197

More
There would have to be proactive communication that a person is home. As far as I know, Google home doesn't track family members that way.

For example, using an NFC tag at the door, or setting up a routine with Google home where family members say "I'm home" or "I'm leaving" type of thing. I don't have Google home so I'm just guessing here.

You could also set up a Tasker profile that when you leave, it pops up a scene or AutoNotification bubble web screen that you confirm before performing your "leaving home" tasks.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)