FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

OpenVPN 3.0.X - Connect and Disconnect with Tasker (Solution)

654 posts
Thanks Meter: 581

By mmotti, Senior Member on 16th February 2018, 01:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th April 2018, 10:12 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9_Mad-Max_5

Hello,

I am using Automate its pretty much the same in terms of use like tasker.
But it's free and you Programm flows. But when I try this without using the back back option the disconnect interface didn't close it self.
Did you comment something new in the action blocks?

Gesendet von meinem G8341 mit Tapatalk

I didn't make any changes other than removing the 'go home' option.

Are you on OpenVPN Connect version 3.0.4?

20th April 2018, 10:22 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmotti

I didn't make any changes other than removing the 'go home' option.

Are you on OpenVPN Connect version 3.0.4?

Jep running 3.0.4.
I thought it would be a little bit more slim and sexy if it works silent in the background.

20th April 2018, 11:08 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9_Mad-Max_5

Jep running 3.0.4.
I thought it would be a little bit more slim and sexy if it works silent in the background.

That's odd. Perhaps automate sends the intents different to Tasker? I haven't personally used it.

Edit: have you got 'Shortcut Minimise' enabled in OpenVPN settings?
20th April 2018, 04:58 PM |#24  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmotti

That's odd. Perhaps automate sends the intents different to Tasker? I haven't personally used it.

Edit: have you got 'Shortcut Minimise' enabled in OpenVPN settings?

Yes already activated.

21st April 2018, 02:06 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
A3000
Hi guys ,,
Where can I find lenovo A3000 h firmware , build number: a3000_a422_000_006_130517_ww_call_eng?
I really need it ..
Build number : a3000_a422_000_006_130517_ww_call_eng

Please
24th April 2018, 03:40 PM |#26  
Flag North East, MD
Thanks Meter: 930

Donate to Me
More
I made these changes to my OpenVPN set up and it attempts to connect, crashes and goes into a loop when Tasker runs the action to connect. Connecting manually through the app works fine. Any suggestions on what to check?

Edit: Nevermind, looking at my Tasker logs, it's firing the disconnect right after the connect, I'll figure out what I broke...
24th May 2018, 12:56 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73

I made these changes to my OpenVPN set up and it attempts to connect, crashes and goes into a loop when Tasker runs the action to connect. Connecting manually through the app works fine. Any suggestions on what to check?

Edit: Nevermind, looking at my Tasker logs, it's firing the disconnect right after the connect, I'll figure out what I broke...

By any chance, were you able to resolve this? I'm having the same exact issue as you are.
29th May 2018, 02:01 PM |#28  
Flag North East, MD
Thanks Meter: 930

Donate to Me
More
Yeah I didn't have the profile set up correctly.

I have two states in the profile to make it work.

Wifi Connected, SSID blank, MAC blank, IP blank, Active Any, Invert unchecked.

Wifi Connected, SSID (my white list - ssid1/ssid2/etc), MAC blank, IP blank, Active Any, Invert checked.

Set your VPN connect as your task and disconnect as your exit task.
23rd July 2018, 12:23 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz561

By any chance, were you able to resolve this? I'm having the same exact issue as you are.

If anyone's reading this in the future - in the Wifi Connected context, make sure Active is set to "Any"
27th August 2018, 11:55 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello guys,

I have a similar problem with the OpenVPN App and Tasker:

Scenario: Whenever the phone is connected to WiFi that does not belong to me, Tasker should fire up OpenVPN and then trigger syncing of some folders via FolderSync Pro during the night.
All of that is working properly and when debugging the whole setup in Tasker everything works fine.

I use the setup taken from the first post in order to get OpenVPN to connect.
I noticed one thing when debugging the setup: Whenever Tasker gets OpenVPN to connect, Tasker will go to the background and OpenVPN will start in the foreground, then I can see the connection happening and a notification sound gets played once the connection happened, then Tasker comes back to the foreground.
I then have a wait of 15sec in Tasker after which Tasker checks whether VPN is actually successfully connected (via Tasker State "VPN connected"), if this is the case, Tasker will continue, otherwise it will create an error notification and exit.

Whenever the whole setup gets run in the background I only get the notification that OpenVPN was not connected (see above error case).
Also the Run Log of Tasker indicates that after the 15sec wait Tasker could not detect the VPN connection, OpenVPN logs also show nothing.

I think this might be related to OpenVPN coming to the foreground when Tasker gets it to connect and somehow this is not working when the phone is locked (just sitting somewhere during the night).

Does anybody have an idea what the issue could be here or how to get OpenVPN to connect "silently" ?

Note: Also setting/unsetting "Shortcut Minimize" option in OpenVPN did not make any difference.

Thanks in advance!
14th September 2018, 05:15 AM |#31  

Donate to Me
More
Any way to start the VPN in the background?

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
3.0.0, openvpn, solution, tasker

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)