Thanks Meter: 315

By Humpie, Recognized Developer on 21st October 2017, 07:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th January 2020, 09:53 PM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbobleics1972

Can you tell me how you got this working on android tv? It crashes on mine.

Sorry for my late reply.
My English is not good so, please read previews conversation between the author and @trohn_javolta. It'll make better sense.
Anyway, on Android TV ( -Android 9), multi apps can't access single microphone at the same time.
So you need to stop Hotword Plugin before Google.app access a microphone by using Tasker.
I still don't know what is the best approach to restart Plugin because Google.app does not tell when it release a mic.
5th January 2020, 10:11 PM |#132  
Quote:
Originally Posted by a5538544

Sorry for my late reply.
My English is not good so, please read previews conversation between the author and @trohn_javolta. It'll make better sense.
Anyway, on Android TV ( -Android 9), multi apps can't access single microphone at the same time.
So you need to stop Hotword Plugin before Google.app access a microphone by using Tasker.
I still don't know what is the best approach to restart Plugin because Google.app does not tell when it release a mic.

Hotword plugin does this itself using the setting that stops the microphone from listening in apps with microphone permission. But that doesn't work on Android TV?
If it indeed doesn't work, you'll need to use tasker to disable hotword plugin when apps like google assistant are opened and enable it again when it closes.
Or you disable hotword plugin and enable it again after 30 seconds or so if you use it to tell Google Assistant to do something for instance.
6th January 2020, 09:40 AM |#133  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpie

Hotword plugin does this itself using the setting that stops the microphone from listening in apps with microphone permission. But that doesn't work on Android TV?
If it indeed doesn't work, you'll need to use tasker to disable hotword plugin when apps like google assistant are opened and enable it again when it closes.
Or you disable hotword plugin and enable it again after 30 seconds or so if you use it to tell Google Assistant to do something for instance.

I think Plugin's Implemented function itself is working well also on Android TV!
But not only for Google.app on Android TV (com.google.android.katniss) because katniss is not shown up as Activity(?)
few lines from dumpsys while Assistant responding (#1 is from my android tab #2 is from my android tv)
Anyway, I think set timeout is best for now because sometimes Assistant stays for long to show the information.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hotword, hotword detection, snowboy, tasker

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)