Thanks Meter: 315

By Humpie, Recognized Developer on 21st October 2017, 07:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd November 2017, 09:44 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1,186

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpie

This is indeed possible to achieve with my plugin, however if your phone supports always listening OK Google with screen off already, it usually has a dedicated chip for this that uses very little power. I know my 6P does and leaving OK Google to always listening results in no significant more battery drain

Great if you have it. I doubt my Xiami Redmi 4 does.
3rd November 2017, 01:14 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This might be a silly question but if your app locks up the microphone how can I talk on the phone if someone calls me?
4th November 2017, 01:50 AM |#23  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilstwh

This might be a silly question but if your app locks up the microphone how can I talk on the phone if someone calls me?

That's a good question, haven't thought of that XD What you can do is quickly disable the listening using the notification I provide you.
4th November 2017, 01:51 AM |#24  
Update time!
v1.4
- Even better sensitivity tweaking
- Added audio gain slider so you can increase or decrease the volume of your microphone
- Fixed bug that could fill up your sdcard when running for a long time
- Fixed bug so example models get placed on sdcard at first boot

So for those suffering from microphone problems, please try and lower the audio gain to below 10 and tell me if it worked for you
The Following User Says Thank You to Humpie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th November 2017, 02:16 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilstwh

create a new profile based on event picking up calls, make it switch off service.
create another one with state phone idle, make it turning service back on, or maybe combining by using its exit task to turn off service.
I would prefer 2 different profiles for the sake of stability, but try each it first and decide for yourself
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alienyd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alienyd Ad-Free
5th November 2017, 06:01 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Hi guys, i am not that good with tasker (did not play with it much) so can anyone just guide me to get me started say for example on the OK Google part.
Now that i am using the hotword plugin, how do i get to activate OK google again using the hotword plugin (hey google / jarvis etc) and tag it to an action that i want to occur?

Maybe can just start me off by how to get my ok google working again?
19th November 2017, 07:18 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:

"Voice command" can be found under the Tasker actions under the Input tab. Thank you very much
I attached an example of how you can launch assistant whilst pausing my plugin from listening for a while so assistant can actually hear you.
You can execute this task for the hotword event you like so "hey google" or "computer" whatever you like and have set up in the hotword plugin

I follow your exact setup here but whenever I'm done using Google assistant, the hotword won't record my command even though the app says it started recording again. It will only start recording again if I remove the hotword app from recent app and it starts recording automatically again. Any workaround? I also tried to add wait time to 30 sec but it doesn't change anything
19th November 2017, 11:48 AM |#28  
Quote:
Originally Posted by amogus

I follow your exact setup here but whenever I'm done using Google assistant, the hotword won't record my command even though the app says it started recording again. It will only start recording again if I remove the hotword app from recent app and it starts recording automatically again. Any workaround? I also tried to add wait time to 30 sec but it doesn't change anything

So you have to open the app again and then close it from the recents to get it to work again?
The Following User Says Thank You to Humpie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th November 2017, 01:29 PM |#29  

More
Quote:

So you have to open the app again and then close it from the recents to get it to work again?

Yes...
If I don't close it from recent apps, it won't record sound...
It seems like the Google assistant keeps recording until I do that. Changing the record mode off and on again directly from the hotword app doesn't change anything until I close it from recent apps. This problem only happen after I use Google assistant. Other tasks work flawlessly
19th November 2017, 11:23 PM |#30  
Quote:
Originally Posted by amogus

Yes...
If I don't close it from recent apps, it won't record sound...
It seems like the Google assistant keeps recording until I do that. Changing the record mode off and on again directly from the hotword app doesn't change anything until I close it from recent apps. This problem only happen after I use Google assistant. Other tasks work flawlessly

Thanks, I think I'm able to reproduce the problem, will check the logs and see if there's something I can do about it

Edit: lol, just when I'm recording the logs, it just works fine. Can you send a log of when the problem occurs? If you don't know how, try logcat extreme and filter for hotword, that should do it
20th November 2017, 03:13 AM |#31  

More
Quote:

Thanks, I think I'm able to reproduce the problem, will check the logs and see if there's something I can do about it

Edit: lol, just when I'm recording the logs, it just works fine. Can you send a log of when the problem occurs? If you don't know how, try logcat extreme and filter for hotword, that should do it

Here you go... I just ask Google assistant the weather and let it finish talking, then go back to home screen. hotword says it start recording again,
But it doesn't actually record anything
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171120-090602.png
Views:	282
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	4336970  
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log_2017-11-20_08-59-35.txt - [Click for QR Code] (1.5 KB, 12 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hotword, hotword detection, snowboy, tasker

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)