FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Project] Air Gestures to control your phone

68 posts
Thanks Meter: 60

By joaomgcd, Member on 31st July 2019, 12:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
With the announcement of the new gestures feature for the Pixel 4 I thought: "I should try something similar with Tasker".

Here it is!

It's obviously less precise because you don't have all the extra sensors needed for accurate gestures, but on the other hand it's infinitely more customizable!
Depending on what situation you're in, you'll be able to do lots of different things!
Included are:
  • Music control gestures
  • Whatsapp gesture

These are just 2 examples. You can expand on these and do whatever you want with them!

Import the project here!

Enjoy!
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to joaomgcd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joaomgcd Ad-Free

31st July 2019, 10:17 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Great job Joao!!!
If I can, I would like to share mine too from time ago. Hope this helps yours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pfuk7jy4J8

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10pu...GchhaIDiz/view
The Following User Says Thank You to CrashOverride93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CrashOverride93 Ad-Free
7th August 2019, 04:17 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 214

More
I'm assuming one would need root for this, yes?
7th August 2019, 04:22 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyopar2000

I'm assuming one would need root for this, yes?

No root needed at all!
8th August 2019, 05:03 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 214

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaomgcd

No root needed at all!

So I gave it a whirl and i'm not sure if i'm a tasker noob but I could not seem to get it working and the setup was a little too complicated for me : /

It was saying no profiles currently running even though I switched the toggles
8th August 2019, 08:57 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

So I gave it a whirl and i'm not sure if i'm a tasker noob but I could not seem to get it working and the setup was a little too complicated for me : /

I have imported the profiles and can not get it to work neither. Galaxy S10.
8th August 2019, 10:23 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrik

I have imported the profiles and can not get it to work neither. Galaxy S10.

What did you try it with? The music one or the Whatsapp one?
8th August 2019, 10:35 AM |#8  

More
Quote:

What did you try it with? The music one or the Whatsapp one?

Not working with both of them. Tried with google play, spotify and whatsup. After import It asked to install AutoInput and AutoNotification which I did and purchased. I allowed all the permissions but maybe some are missing...
8th August 2019, 11:37 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Not working with both of them. Tried with google play, spotify and whatsup. After import It asked to install AutoInput and AutoNotification which I did and purchased. I allowed all the permissions but maybe some are missing...

Thanks. Can you verify that you have Tasker 5.8.2?
Also, did you give AutoNotification access to your notifications? Go to Tasker > Menu > More > Android Settings > Notification Access > Check if AutoNotification is enabled.
8th August 2019, 12:36 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

Thanks. Can you verify that you have Tasker 5.8.2?
Also, did you give AutoNotification access to your notifications? Go to Tasker > Menu > More > Android Settings > Notification Access > Check if AutoNotification is enabled.

Yes, version 5.8.2 installed. AutoNotification has an access. All is set as you indicate. Maybe there is an issue with my proximity sensor. I test it by dialing *#77692# and by default it was off. I turned it on and It worked perfectly. On second attempt to dial It was off again. Maybe It is activated on samsung S10 only at performing specific action as making phone call?
I also checked with Sensoroid - Senso info app what sensor are there at my S10. It lists about 52 sensors found including TMD4910 Proximity sensor, Proximity pocket and Palm Proximity Sensor.
8th August 2019, 01:02 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Yes, version 5.8.2 installed. AutoNotification has an access. All is set as you indicate. Maybe there is an issue with my proximity sensor. I test it by dialing *#77692# and by default it was off. I turned it on and It worked perfectly. On second attempt to dial It was off again. Maybe It is activated on samsung S10 only at performing specific action as making phone call?
I also checked with Sensoroid - Senso info app what sensor are there at my S10. It lists about 52 sensors found including TMD4910 Proximity sensor, Proximity pocket and Palm Proximity Sensor.

Ah yes, that is possibly the issue! I've had reports from other people that the S10's sensor is not working as it should and only turns on during calls... Unfortunately I can't help with that one Check here for example.
The Following User Says Thank You to joaomgcd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joaomgcd Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gestures, tasker

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)