FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Project] Bring back the old Android Ticker even on Android 8 and above!

68 posts
Thanks Meter: 60

By joaomgcd, Member on 5th July 2019, 03:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th July 2019, 10:01 AM |#21  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseyk621

I have to run ADB command for this to work?

Yes, to hide the status bar icons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francop311

Hi

I was able to import the profile and all is working. However, I use to see my battery icon on the top right, however this disappeared. How do I get the icon back?

All the icons should be brought back once you run the Status Bar Icons action with no values set. Does that not happen for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oieNao

Is there a way to make it work this on SDK29?

What exactly isn't working about it?

23rd July 2019, 01:07 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Getting error while task is started
17.27.13/Variables doreplresult: |{"hideIconsSeconds":"%waiticons","generatedValues ":{}}| -> |{"hideIconsSeconds":"12","generatedValues":{}}|
17.27.13/ActionArgBundle AutoNotification Hide Notification Icons: parameters: {"hideIconsSeconds":"%waiticons","generatedValues" :{}} -> {"hideIconsSeconds":"12","generatedValues":{}}
17.27.13/E FIRE PLUGIN: AutoNotification Hide Notification Icons / com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.action.FIRE_SETTI NG: 6 bundle keys
17.27.13/E AutoNotification Hide Notification Icons: plugin comp: com.joaomgcd.autonotification/com.joaomgcd.autonotification.broadcastreceiver.In tentServiceFire
17.27.13/E add wait type Plugin1 time 60
17.27.13/E add wait type Plugin1 done
17.27.13/E handlePluginFinish: taskExeID: 1 result 3
17.27.13/E pending result code
17.27.13/E add wait task
17.27.13/E Error: 1327907846
17.27.13/E java.lang.SecurityException: ManagedServiceInfo[component=ComponentInfo{com.joaomgcd.autonotificat ion/com.joaomgcd.autonotification.service.ServiceNotif icationIntercept},userid=0,isSystem=false,targetSd kVersion=28,connection=<connection>,service=androi d.service.notification.INotificationListener$Stub$ [email protected]] does not have access
24th July 2019, 04:33 PM |#23  
OP Member

More
Can you try configuring the AutoNotification Hide Notification Icons action and see if it works after that?
12th August 2019, 10:46 AM |#24  
Flag Aurora
Thanks Meter: 110

More
I figured it out facepalm lmao
12th August 2019, 10:57 AM |#25  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeintDoxx

04.44.22/Variables doreplresult: |{"hideIconsSeconds":"%waiticons","generatedValues ":{}}| -> |{"hideIconsSeconds":"12","generatedValues":{}}|
04.44.22/ActionArgBundle AutoNotification Hide Notification Icons: parameters: {"hideIconsSeconds":"%waiticons","generatedValues" :{}} -> {"hideIconsSeconds":"12","generatedValues":{}}
04.44.22/E FIRE PLUGIN: AutoNotification Hide Notification Icons / com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.action.FIRE_SETTI NG: 6 bundle keys
04.44.22/E AutoNotification Hide Notification Icons: plugin comp: com.joaomgcd.autonotification/com.joaomgcd.autonotification.broadcastreceiver.In tentServiceFire
04.44.22/E add wait type Plugin1 time 60
04.44.22/E add wait type Plugin1 done
04.44.22/E handlePluginFinish: taskExeID: 1 result 3
04.44.22/E pending result code
04.44.22/E add wait task
04.44.22/E Error: 1118435679
04.44.22/E java.lang.SecurityException: ManagedServiceInfo[component=ComponentInfo{com.joaomgcd.autonotificat ion/com.joaomgcd.autonotification.service.ServiceNotif icationIntercept},userid=0,isSystem=false,targetSd kVersion=28,connection=<connection>,service=androi d.service.notification.INotificationListener$Stub$ [email protected],hasUseSignBoardPermission=false] does not have access

Attempting this on a LG V40 ThinQ - Android 9.0

Sorry about that. Can you please configure the AutoNotification Hide Notification Icons and give it the permissions it asks for? thanks in advance
12th August 2019, 11:05 AM |#26  
Flag Aurora

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaomgcd

Sorry about that. Can you please configure the AutoNotification Hide Notification Icons and give it the permissions it asks for? thanks in advance

I didn't really understand the instructions at first, long night but got it running thanks. Will continue to get it scroll text instead tomorrow. This notch makes it hard to see
13th August 2019, 07:29 PM |#27  

More
Similar Error
Quote:

I didn't really understand the instructions at first, long night but got it running thanks. Will continue to get it scroll text instead tomorrow. This notch makes it hard to see

Can you please walk me through what you did to get it working? I'm facing a similar error and don't know how to fix it.
https://del.dog/tozinikode.rb

Using a Redmi Note 7 Pro running MIUI 10
14th August 2019, 05:05 AM |#28  
Flag Aurora

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davin07

Can you please walk me through what you did to get it working? I'm facing a similar error and don't know how to fix it.
https://del.dog/tozinikode.rb

Using a Redmi Note 7 Pro running MIUI 10

Have you gone into Tasker then the ticker tab then tasks and show ticker then go to #10 and press the pencil icon under configuration?

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 AM ----------

This just stopped working for me. It still intercepts the message app but now just blocks the notification and doesn't show the text in the status bar.
14th August 2019, 08:45 AM |#29  

More
Quote:

Have you gone into Tasker then the ticker tab then tasks and show ticker then go to #10 and press the pencil icon under configuration?[COLOR="Silver"]

What do I do to configure it ?
After pressing the pencil icon that is.

The network icon and WiFi icon are now missing.
Can't seem to restore them even after I've uninstalled tasker and rebooted the phone.
14th August 2019, 10:24 PM |#30  
Flag Aurora

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davin07

What do I do to configure it ?
After pressing the pencil icon that is.

The network icon and WiFi icon are now missing.
Can't seem to restore them even after I've uninstalled tasker and rebooted the phone.

Did you what OP mentioned above?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaomgcd

Quote:
Originally Posted by francop311

Hi

I was able to import the profile and all is working. However, I use to see my battery icon on the top right, however this disappeared. How do I get the icon back?

All the icons should be brought back once you run the Status Bar Icons action with no values set. Does that not happen for you?

Yesterday, 09:20 AM |#31  

More
This completely ****ed up my notifications permanently... It hid all my system icons (managed to bring them back with system ui tuner) and ****ed up various things. Removing the project did nothing, uninstalling neither and restarting the system did nothing either. Now I can't see most apps' permanent notification icons, and I can't see Telegram message previews from the lockscreen IF I have notifications from more than 1 user/group. I literally have no idea what to do to fix this. I did not tweak with the project, just followed the steps to make it work. I run oxygenos 9.0.6 rooted. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
(I am willing to give my Telegram contact in pvt message to better and faster help me.)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
autonotification, autotools, notifications, ticker

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)