FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Project] Bring back the old Android Ticker even on Android 8 and above!

71 posts
Thanks Meter: 64
 
By joaomgcd, Member on 5th July 2019, 03:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st August 2019, 09:20 AM |#31  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
This completely ****ed up my notifications permanently... It hid all my system icons (managed to bring them back with system ui tuner) and ****ed up various things. Removing the project did nothing, uninstalling neither and restarting the system did nothing either. Now I can't see most apps' permanent notification icons, and I can't see Telegram message previews from the lockscreen IF I have notifications from more than 1 user/group. I literally have no idea what to do to fix this. I did not tweak with the project, just followed the steps to make it work. I run oxygenos 9.0.6 rooted. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
(I am willing to give my Telegram contact in pvt message to better and faster help me.)
 
 
27th August 2019, 04:03 AM |#32  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaomgcd

Let me know how it works for you and if there's anything I could do to make it better!

Enjoy!

Thank you for bringing back the ticker, I really hate the intrusion of heads up notifications. I am having one problem though. Being that I use Flat Style Bar Indicators (FSBI) none of the icons disappear for me.

I attached a screenshot of both my statusbar with icons and of my statusbar when the following message is sent to me.
( Testing the Tasker Ticker and if it erased the statusbar icons!!! )

Any help and/tips would be very helpful

Edit. Screenshots will not upload for some reason
13th September 2019, 01:11 PM |#33  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraV

This completely ****ed up my notifications permanently... It hid all my system icons (managed to bring them back with system ui tuner) and ****ed up various things. Removing the project did nothing, uninstalling neither and restarting the system did nothing either. Now I can't see most apps' permanent notification icons, and I can't see Telegram message previews from the lockscreen IF I have notifications from more than 1 user/group. I literally have no idea what to do to fix this. I did not tweak with the project, just followed the steps to make it work. I run oxygenos 9.0.6 rooted. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
(I am willing to give my Telegram contact in pvt message to better and faster help me.)

Can you please try long clicking the notifications that are showing up in the status bar and giving them less priority and see if that helps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazii

Thank you for bringing back the ticker, I really hate the intrusion of heads up notifications. I am having one problem though. Being that I use Flat Style Bar Indicators (FSBI) none of the icons disappear for me.

I attached a screenshot of both my statusbar with icons and of my statusbar when the following message is sent to me.
( Testing the Tasker Ticker and if it erased the statusbar icons!!! )

Any help and/tips would be very helpful

Edit. Screenshots will not upload for some reason

Are you still having this issue?
13th September 2019, 03:25 PM |#34  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaomgcd

Can you please try long clicking the notifications that are showing up in the status bar and giving them less priority and see if that helps?



Are you still having this issue?

Yes I am. Here are the screenshots of what I am talking about.
Any help is greatly appreciated. I tried making a screen to replace the status bar when when a message comes in but to no avail.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190913-102340.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	4819031   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190913-102348.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	4819032   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190913-102329.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	4819033  
16th September 2019, 12:30 PM |#35  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazii

Yes I am. Here are the screenshots of what I am talking about.
Any help is greatly appreciated. I tried making a screen to replace the status bar when when a message comes in but to no avail.

I see. Unfortunately unless that app that makes those icons show up has some kind of way of being controlled through Tasker there's no way to make them go away. Maybe you can ask the app's developer?
The Following User Says Thank You to joaomgcd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joaomgcd Ad-Free
16th September 2019, 02:58 PM |#36  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaomgcd

I see. Unfortunately unless that app that makes those icons show up has some kind of way of being controlled through Tasker there's no way to make them go away. Maybe you can ask the app's developer?

That will not be possible since the dev hasn't been heard from in months. I think he may have abandoned the app, but then again maybe he has more important things to tend to then a application.

As far as I know there is no Tasker integration with FSBI. Since it still works and I'm not ready to let it go just yet, I will continue to use it for now. However I will hold on to your Tasker profile and monitor this thread for whenever the need arises.

Thanks Again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
autonotification, autotools, notifications, ticker

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes