[Project] Bring back the old Android Ticker even on Android 8 and above!

Search This thread

hemanthpudami

Oct 28, 2017
Getting error while task is started

17.27.13/Variables doreplresult: |{"hideIconsSeconds":"%waiticons","generatedValues":{}}| -> |{"hideIconsSeconds":"12","generatedValues":{}}|
17.27.13/ActionArgBundle AutoNotification Hide Notification Icons: parameters: {"hideIconsSeconds":"%waiticons","generatedValues":{}} -> {"hideIconsSeconds":"12","generatedValues":{}}
17.27.13/E FIRE PLUGIN: AutoNotification Hide Notification Icons / com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.action.FIRE_SETTING: 6 bundle keys
17.27.13/E AutoNotification Hide Notification Icons: plugin comp: com.joaomgcd.autonotification/com.joaomgcd.autonotification.broadcastreceiver.IntentServiceFire
17.27.13/E add wait type Plugin1 time 60
17.27.13/E add wait type Plugin1 done
17.27.13/E handlePluginFinish: taskExeID: 1 result 3
17.27.13/E pending result code
17.27.13/E add wait task
17.27.13/E Error: 1327907846
17.27.13/E java.lang.SecurityException: ManagedServiceInfo[component=ComponentInfo{com.joaomgcd.autonotification/com.joaomgcd.autonotification.service.ServiceNotificationIntercept},userid=0,isSystem=false,targetSdkVersion=28,connection=<connection>,service=android.service.notification.INotificationListener$Stub$Proxy@2e1d34b] does not have access

joaomgcd

Aug 21, 2012
Can you try configuring the AutoNotification Hide Notification Icons action and see if it works after that?

joaomgcd

Aug 21, 2012
04.44.22/Variables doreplresult: |{"hideIconsSeconds":"%waiticons","generatedValues":{}}| -> |{"hideIconsSeconds":"12","generatedValues":{}}|
04.44.22/ActionArgBundle AutoNotification Hide Notification Icons: parameters: {"hideIconsSeconds":"%waiticons","generatedValues":{}} -> {"hideIconsSeconds":"12","generatedValues":{}}
04.44.22/E FIRE PLUGIN: AutoNotification Hide Notification Icons / com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.action.FIRE_SETTING: 6 bundle keys
04.44.22/E AutoNotification Hide Notification Icons: plugin comp: com.joaomgcd.autonotification/com.joaomgcd.autonotification.broadcastreceiver.IntentServiceFire
04.44.22/E add wait type Plugin1 time 60
04.44.22/E add wait type Plugin1 done
04.44.22/E handlePluginFinish: taskExeID: 1 result 3
04.44.22/E pending result code
04.44.22/E add wait task
04.44.22/E Error: 1118435679
04.44.22/E java.lang.SecurityException: ManagedServiceInfo[component=ComponentInfo{com.joaomgcd.autonotification/com.joaomgcd.autonotification.service.ServiceNotificationIntercept},userid=0,isSystem=false,targetSdkVersion=28,connection=<connection>,service=android.service.notification.INotificationListener$Stub$Proxy@3a460ac,hasUseSignBoardPermission=false] does not have access

Attempting this on a LG V40 ThinQ - Android 9.0

Sorry about that. Can you please configure the AutoNotification Hide Notification Icons and give it the permissions it asks for? thanks in advance

FeintDoxx

Feb 24, 2013
Aurora
Sorry about that. Can you please configure the AutoNotification Hide Notification Icons and give it the permissions it asks for? thanks in advance
I didn't really understand the instructions at first, long night but got it running thanks. Will continue to get it scroll text instead tomorrow. This notch makes it hard to see

Davin07

Dec 4, 2016
Similar Error

I didn't really understand the instructions at first, long night but got it running thanks. Will continue to get it scroll text instead tomorrow. This notch makes it hard to see

Can you please walk me through what you did to get it working? I'm facing a similar error and don't know how to fix it.
https://del.dog/tozinikode.rb

Using a Redmi Note 7 Pro running MIUI 10

Last edited:

FeintDoxx

Feb 24, 2013
Aurora
Can you please walk me through what you did to get it working? I'm facing a similar error and don't know how to fix it.
https://del.dog/tozinikode.rb

Using a Redmi Note 7 Pro running MIUI 10
Have you gone into Tasker then the ticker tab then tasks and show ticker then go to #10 and press the pencil icon under configuration?

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 AM ----------

This just stopped working for me. It still intercepts the message app but now just blocks the notification and doesn't show the text in the status bar.

Davin07

Dec 4, 2016
Have you gone into Tasker then the ticker tab then tasks and show ticker then go to #10 and press the pencil icon under configuration?

What do I do to configure it ?
After pressing the pencil icon that is.

The network icon and WiFi icon are now missing.
Can't seem to restore them even after I've uninstalled tasker and rebooted the phone.

Last edited:

FeintDoxx

Feb 24, 2013
Aurora
What do I do to configure it ?
After pressing the pencil icon that is.

The network icon and WiFi icon are now missing.
Can't seem to restore them even after I've uninstalled tasker and rebooted the phone.

Did you what OP mentioned above?

Hi

I was able to import the profile and all is working. However, I use to see my battery icon on the top right, however this disappeared. How do I get the icon back?

All the icons should be brought back once you run the Status Bar Icons action with no values set. Does that not happen for you?

KiraV

Nov 5, 2013
This completely ****ed up my notifications permanently... It hid all my system icons (managed to bring them back with system ui tuner) and ****ed up various things. Removing the project did nothing, uninstalling neither and restarting the system did nothing either. Now I can't see most apps' permanent notification icons, and I can't see Telegram message previews from the lockscreen IF I have notifications from more than 1 user/group. I literally have no idea what to do to fix this. I did not tweak with the project, just followed the steps to make it work. I run oxygenos 9.0.6 rooted. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
(I am willing to give my Telegram contact in pvt message to better and faster help me.)

Eazii

Let me know how it works for you and if there's anything I could do to make it better! :)

Enjoy!

Thank you for bringing back the ticker, I really hate the intrusion of heads up notifications. I am having one problem though. Being that I use Flat Style Bar Indicators (FSBI) none of the icons disappear for me.

I attached a screenshot of both my statusbar with icons and of my statusbar when the following message is sent to me.
( Testing the Tasker Ticker and if it erased the statusbar icons!!! )

Any help and/tips would be very helpful

Edit. Screenshots will not upload for some reason

joaomgcd

Aug 21, 2012
This completely ****ed up my notifications permanently... It hid all my system icons (managed to bring them back with system ui tuner) and ****ed up various things. Removing the project did nothing, uninstalling neither and restarting the system did nothing either. Now I can't see most apps' permanent notification icons, and I can't see Telegram message previews from the lockscreen IF I have notifications from more than 1 user/group. I literally have no idea what to do to fix this. I did not tweak with the project, just followed the steps to make it work. I run oxygenos 9.0.6 rooted. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
(I am willing to give my Telegram contact in pvt message to better and faster help me.)

Can you please try long clicking the notifications that are showing up in the status bar and giving them less priority and see if that helps?

Thank you for bringing back the ticker, I really hate the intrusion of heads up notifications. I am having one problem though. Being that I use Flat Style Bar Indicators (FSBI) none of the icons disappear for me.

I attached a screenshot of both my statusbar with icons and of my statusbar when the following message is sent to me.
( Testing the Tasker Ticker and if it erased the statusbar icons!!! )

Any help and/tips would be very helpful

Edit. Screenshots will not upload for some reason

Are you still having this issue?

Eazii

Can you please try long clicking the notifications that are showing up in the status bar and giving them less priority and see if that helps?

Are you still having this issue?

Yes I am. Here are the screenshots of what I am talking about.
Any help is greatly appreciated. I tried making a screen to replace the status bar when when a message comes in but to no avail.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190913-102340.jpg
    Screenshot_20190913-102340.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot_20190913-102348.jpg
    Screenshot_20190913-102348.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_20190913-102329.jpg
    Screenshot_20190913-102329.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

joaomgcd

Aug 21, 2012
Any help is greatly appreciated. I tried making a screen to replace the status bar when when a message comes in but to no avail.

I see. Unfortunately unless that app that makes those icons show up has some kind of way of being controlled through Tasker there's no way to make them go away. Maybe you can ask the app's developer?

Reactions: Eazii

Eazii

I see. Unfortunately unless that app that makes those icons show up has some kind of way of being controlled through Tasker there's no way to make them go away. Maybe you can ask the app's developer?

That will not be possible since the dev hasn't been heard from in months. I think he may have abandoned the app, but then again maybe he has more important things to tend to then a application.

As far as I know there is no Tasker integration with FSBI. Since it still works and I'm not ready to let it go just yet, I will continue to use it for now. However I will hold on to your Tasker profile and monitor this thread for whenever the need arises.

Thanks Again.

devianpctek

Mar 29, 2010
I had a few problems making it work (mostly app permissions ?) but is working now, the only problem I have now is that the clock is hidden and don't know how to brought it back, any ideas.
Update. I was able to fix it, but there's another problem, there's an icon two squares overlapping the notification text

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201004-130111.png
    Screenshot_20201004-130111.png
    212.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IMPORTANT: You need these for this to work:
    Tasker beta
    AutoNotification Beta
    AutoTools

Links are in the Taskernet link.

Remember the old Android ticker?

You can now bring it back with Tasker!
    Check it out:

You can import the project here and play around with it: http://bit.ly/taskerticker

Let me know how it works for you and if there's anything I could do to make it better! :)

Enjoy!

Could someone who has this working, kindly post comprehensive instructions on how to correctly set this up please. I thank you in advance.
    Yes, that would certainly be helpful!