71 posts
Thanks Meter: 67

By joaomgcd, Member on 7th August 2019, 05:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th December 2019, 12:54 AM |#11  
Flag Morristown, TN
Thanks Meter: 212

More
This looks great. But it doesn't work at all for me. Had it installed for 3 days now and I never have gotten a bubble to show up. I've granted all necessary permissions too.
28th December 2019, 07:02 AM |#12  
Didn't work for me either. Imported project and no go. Mine already showed it had the bubble option in messages notifications. Was hoping this would work. Pixel 3 xl android 10 with root. No go.
28th December 2019, 07:06 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
For those who couldn't get it to work, did you create a task in Tasker adding the plugins?

Is there a way to customize the Avatar in the floating icon? Like in the video shown? Mine just had the generic emoji guy.
28th December 2019, 07:06 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I really wanted this to work as well, but it has been a no go on my Pixel 2 XL. Would have do to with being on Pie?
29th December 2019, 02:12 AM |#15  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 2,688

More
@rafe83 @S8rooted&tooted

I just imported it and it works fine on a pixel 3XL, Pie.

From the description notes when you import the project;
Quote:

IMPORTANT: Make sure to enable the AutoNotification Notification Listener to make this work. Open Tasker > Menu > More > Android Settings > Notification Listener > Enable AutoNotification.

That is the only configuration that is require.

As long as AutoNotification can intercept notifications that have a "reply" action, the chat head should appear. If not, look in your Tasker run log.
@Kwandds

The profile, "Intercept Notifications With Reply Action" contains a default icon for when the notification intercept does not contain an icon that can be used. It's set in A4

A4: Variable Set [
Name:%anicon
To:https://previews.123rf.com/images/metelsky/metelsky1809/metelsky180900233/109815470-man-avatar-profile-male-face-icon-vector-illustration-.jpg
Recurse Variables: Off
Do Maths: Off
Append: Off
Max Rounding Digits: 3
If [ %anicon !Set ]
29th December 2019, 02:55 AM |#16  

More
So should the icon change depending on who is sending the message? Because on mine it's always the same default icon.
Thanks
29th December 2019, 02:57 AM |#17  
Forum Moderator

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwandds

So should the icon change depending on who is sending the message? Because on mine it's always the same default icon.
Thanks

The notification intercept is looking for an icon in the notification that triggers the profile. If %anicon is not set, you get the default.
29th December 2019, 03:02 AM |#18  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

The notification intercept is looking for an icon in the notification that triggers the profile. If %anicon is not set, you get the default.

Sorry for the amateur questions, but hope do you set the %anicon?
29th December 2019, 03:06 AM |#19  
Forum Moderator

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwandds

Sorry for the amateur questions, but hope do you set the %anicon?

The AutoNotification event that triggers the profiles scrapes the notification for various information, including an icon. The variable "%anicon" ("an" represents AutoNotification) would contain the path to the icon in the notification if it exists.
29th December 2019, 04:01 AM |#20  
Thanks to everyone on here. So I tried again and got it working. Only thing I did was go threw and select in the profile which apps to use. Question, anyone know how to change the color of background and size of pop up that displays. I wanna go a little rounder than the square text input that pops up. And thank you guys for posting different things to try. Finally just kept screwing around and found in each switch in the profile has to be set to package if it can be.
29th December 2019, 04:25 AM |#21  
Forum Moderator

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8rooted&tooted

Thanks to everyone on here. So I tried again and got it working. Only thing I did was go threw and select in the profile which apps to use. Question, anyone know how to change the color of background and size of pop up that displays. I wanna go a little rounder than the square text input that pops up. And thank you guys for posting different things to try. Finally just kept screwing around and found in each switch in the profile has to be set to package if it can be.

Edit the web screen action (A5) in the Intercept Notifications With Reply Action profile.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chat heads, tasker

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)