By joaomgcd, Member on 7th August 2019, 05:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th December 2019, 04:25 AM |#21  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 2,688

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8rooted&tooted

Thanks to everyone on here. So I tried again and got it working. Only thing I did was go threw and select in the profile which apps to use. Question, anyone know how to change the color of background and size of pop up that displays. I wanna go a little rounder than the square text input that pops up. And thank you guys for posting different things to try. Finally just kept screwing around and found in each switch in the profile has to be set to package if it can be.

Edit the web screen action (A5) in the Intercept Notifications With Reply Action profile.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
29th December 2019, 05:19 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So on Reddit, it said that the contact picture should automatically show up in the bubbles, but I'm not seeing that. All my contacts have photos and they show up under normal notifications. Any suggestions?
29th December 2019, 02:08 PM |#23  
Forum Moderator

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwandds

So on Reddit, it said that the contact picture should automatically show up in the bubbles, but I'm not seeing that. All my contacts have photos and they show up under normal notifications. Any suggestions?

This project is using the %anicon variable. But that may not be the field that contains the contact image depending on app, device and OS version.

It sounds like you need to explore which variable contains the contact photo. It might be %anpicture or if the contact photo only displays when the notification is expanded, then it may be in the %anbigimage array. These are are variables that can be collected by the AutoNotification intercept event.

A quick and dirty way to test other variables would be to set %anicon to the variable under test at the top of the task. This will save making changes to the webscreen which id's what refers to the %anicon variable.

While AutoNotification may at first glance, appear to be overwhelming, with a little familiarity the logic becomes clear.
29th December 2019, 06:32 PM |#24  

More
Thanks for the info. I'm starting to understand, but I still can't figure out the path to the contacts picture.
I don't think I understand your quick and dirty way to test it.
29th December 2019, 08:08 PM |#25  
Forum Moderator

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwandds

Thanks for the info. I'm starting to understand, but I still can't figure out the path to the contacts picture.
I don't think I understand your quick and dirty way to test it.

Instead of having to change the reference to the %anicon variable in the webscene, just set %anicon to whatever %anXXX variable you think might contain the content you are looking for.

It may help to work through a similar, but simpler AutoNotification task to get some experience. Maybe this one.
30th December 2019, 08:45 PM |#26  

More
Turn off for specific apps
How do you turn off for specific messenger apps? Specifically Gmail and Facebook Messenger......thanks
30th December 2019, 08:54 PM |#27  
Forum Moderator

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmu33

How do you turn off for specific messenger apps? Specifically Gmail and Facebook Messenger......thanks

From the project description on the download page:

Quote:

You can customize a few things about this:

If you want to customize the apps that will create bubbles, edit the Intercept Notifications With Reply Actions profile's AutoNotification Intercept event condition, select Apps and select only the apps you need.

The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
30th December 2019, 09:03 PM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

From the project description on the download page:

Thank you
1st January 2020, 11:22 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Have everything working. Thanks for this! The only thing I still have not solved is getting profile pictures rather than the male icon. Anyone figured that one out yet? I'm in a Pick 2 XL so the default seems to not be profile pics.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
2nd January 2020, 12:49 AM |#30  
Forum Moderator

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigginst

Have everything working. Thanks for this! The only thing I still have not solved is getting profile pictures rather than the male icon. Anyone figured that one out yet? I'm in a Pick 2 XL so the default seems to not be profile pics.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I commented earlier that if the profile picture is in the notification, you should be able to find it using the AutoNotification variables scraped from the notification.

If you are only using this for the messaging app, and as a result have the phone number from the %SMSRF variable set by the incoming message, you can use the phone -> test phone action to get the contact's photo url. That action takes only a phone number to find contact related data.

To get the contact's phone number from just a name, would require a rooted phone and database queries.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chat heads, tasker

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)