10th September 2019, 11:40 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2,091

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickyrick

I just want to turn my system sound back on at a certain time
Im not sure what to do
Thanks

This sounds like you want to disable DND (do not disturb). The action for that doesn't require root. It's in audio category. The "all" setting will allow all sound, effectively disabling DND. I believe you must enable Tasker's notification setting in the system settings (main OS, not Tasker). If you are using any relatively recent Tasker version, you should be prompted for any missing permissions the first time you setup the (any) action.

Quote:

Can system settings be changed without root
I have gone into settings then sound settings
I then get an if statement ....

Yes, Tasker is designed to run most of its actions without needing root. You do need to give permissions through ADB for some restricted actions, such as using the AutoTools plugin -> secure settings action. I think this is the action you are asking about. See Tasker User Guide - Grant Secure Settings

I have no idea what you mean by "I then get an if statement".

If you have a task (or profile) that doesn't work the way you expect, it helps others help you if you post the entire task (profile).

Before exporting, if you have sensitive information such as logins, api keys or anything else, you might consider setting those values to a variable and use the variable in your tasks so the values won't export with the task.

To export a task (profile) description for posting, press on the name to highlight the task (profile). Go to the 3-dot menu and select export -> Description to Clipboard.

Now you'll be able to paste it. Be aware, it easier to use something like pastebin.com / hastebin.com and link to a post here. If you paste directly into a post here, the forum software will convert semicolons with characters directly after, into emoticons making it very hard to read.
11th September 2019, 01:35 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks for the replys
It's my wife's phone she goes to work and turns the sound off (not the DND) She drops the menu down and clicks on the sound icon then there is a line through the speaker icon at top of screen. She forgets to turn on the sound when she leaves work and I can't get ahold of her cause she can't hear the phone ringing. Was hoping to use tasker to turn sound back on at 5pm
11th September 2019, 01:35 AM |#4  
OP Member

More
I use ADB to connect tom my AmazonFire TV
Ive tried to connect to my cell but cant
ADB connect (ip of cell on my network)
It says it cant connect
Ive opened a command prompt within the install of the ADB
USB debugging is already on
When I attach phone I get no promt to alow debugging
11th September 2019, 02:44 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2,091

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickyrick

I use ADB to connect tom my AmazonFire TV
Ive tried to connect to my cell but cant
ADB connect (ip of cell on my network)
It says it cant connect
Ive opened a command prompt within the install of the ADB
USB debugging is already on
When I attach phone I get no promt to alow debugging

ADB requires the proper drivers for the device installed on the computer your using. Using a data cable would be more reliable than over Wi-Fi, particularly to set-up. At the top of the forum, in the search manufacture and model of the device then it's forum should show up in the results. Every device forum has an "ask any question help thread". If you can't find how to ADB to the device in the forum, that's a good thread to get help in.

However, to turn the ringer volume up doesn't require anything special. Audio -> ringer volume. Explore all of the volume settings actions in the audio category.
11th September 2019, 12:02 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Ok ill explore how to install ADB for my phone. In regards to the sound. You said it easy to turn volume up but my system volume is off not turned down Any option I try to turn volume up does not work. I dont see an option to first turn it back on
11th September 2019, 12:52 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
OK well Ill be dam. Figured out the ADB
Now its working turns the sound on at the specified time
Thanks for all your help have a good day
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)