FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Switch between microphones

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Androidgeorgia, Junior Member on 11th August 2019, 12:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone 👋. It's my first question here. Before starting, i have to admit your great contribution to make Android easier and comfortable. Thank you for that. As for the question:
My pixel 2 xl phone's main microphone is broken but it's secondary microphone is working. That is, during video shoots or voice recordings upper microphone works fine, but the bottom microphone doesn't pick up any sound (completely dead). I'm unable to use voice typing and voice assistant, send voice memos in WhatsApp and messenger as well.

Is there any way to permanently redirect the primary microphone to the secondary one, so that for ALL calls, voices and applications will be redirected and the secondary (upper) microphone is used to pick up sound?

13th August 2019, 11:42 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 131

More
I'm having the same issue as well. Hope someone can help us.
Yesterday, 01:03 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,977

More
Can't help specifically because I don't have this phone. What I've heard is that blowing into the bottom speaker sometimes makes the mic work again. Or turning on the speakerphone (loudspeaker) during a call might help. I though Google was repairing services with this problem.

I would guess that it's not possible to force the video mic to act as a primary mic due to software design restrictions. But if it's possible to change the focus, I would look for a custom setting that tells the software which mic to use.

See this link to get an idea how to look for a custom setting: https://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php...-settings.210/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)