Tasker Clipboard Manager [no plug-ins]

218 posts
Thanks Meter: 172

By M.M.K, Senior Member on 3rd February 2019, 02:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Finally here
Tasker Clipboard Manager
by M.M.K

Have you ever copied an important piece of text, suddenly forgot and copied another thing over it 🙊
Without a Clipboard Manager, it's not a good feeling...

Tasker Clipboard Manager features:
1. Quick Settings clipboard shortcut, so you can access the clipboard manager anywhere. (Add shortcut from tasker settings)
2. Quick access to 4 recent CB entries you copied.
3. Unlimited records of your CB history in a text file along with each entry date and time (so you can search) :P
4. Clipboard Manager Paste option (root needed, unrooted mates can use default android paste option)
5. No Tasker plug-in is needed.

I've been searching for a light and handy clipboard manager without much of permissions and I couldn't go along with the existing ones. So since I love Tasker so much, although I wasn't a professional with it, I tried to make it work and using our senior's clipboard core file, Mat Zolnierczyk, I made this little light clipboard.
Also since I hate lots of plug-ins, I tried to make this clipboard manager work with only Tasker itself.

- The history file is in /sdcard/android/clipboard.txt
- There is a readme file with complete instructions (how to set up the clipboard manager) in the zip file attached. I've paste it in the next post.
- So you only need the Clipboard_by_mmk.prj.xml file.
- To import a project in tasker, first disable the beginner mode in the UI Settings. Then press and hold on Home 🏠 icon placed in the left bottom area of the app.

Haven't tried Tasker yet? You're in a loss...

if you liked
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190203-045639.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	4698579   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190203-045724.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	4698580   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190203-050340.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	4698582   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190203-045738.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	4698584   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190203-132502.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	4698712  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tasker Clipboard by MMK.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.7 KB, 138 views)
File Type: xml Clipboard_by_mmk.prj.xml - [Click for QR Code] (20.8 KB, 146 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M.M.K For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift M.M.K Ad-Free
3rd February 2019, 02:42 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 172

More
How to import Tasker Clipboard Project (Set up)
------ To set up the Clipboard:

1. Go to Tasker (no plug-in needed

2. To import a project in tasker, first disable the beginner mode in the UI Settings. Then press and hold on Home 🏠 icon placed in the left bottom area of the app.

3. Now select import project. Choose Clipboard_by_mmk.prj.xml

Clipboard set up done.

4. For setting up the Clipboard Quick Settings Tile to be able to access Clipboard anytime:

5. Go to Tasker's preferences, ACTION tab, choose one of Tasker's Quick Settings Tasks to Clipboard task.

6. Add the Tasker's Clipboard Quick Settings Tile to your status bar.

All done

------ Please Note:

1. If your device is not rooted, Clipboard Paste button won't work for you, but it's not important as version 1 didn't have a paste button at all. Tasker doesn't have paste function and using plug-ins would have been a hassle.
So you can simply copy the previous entries from the clipboard and paste it yourself normally.

2. Your clipboard history is stored at: sdcard/Android/clipboard.txt

3. You can rename your history file to archive it (something other than clipboard.txt).
Clipboard will create a new and fresh history file automatically.

------ Credits to:

M. Mahdi Karimi for UIs, Interfaces, History functions.
Mat Zolnierczyk for the ClipboardManagerCore.task
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M.M.K For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift M.M.K Ad-Free
10th January 2020, 04:41 AM |#3  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi,

Is it possible to import a .txt file from "Clip Stack" into Tasker Clipboard Manager?

Thanks,
Alex

Sent from my OnePlus7TProNR using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)