FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Does tasker drain battery?

34 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By timmy6, Member on 13th January 2020, 10:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
hello! i just started using tasker does having many profiles set especially when using logcat drain the battery?
13th January 2020, 10:26 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Tasker itself is negligible on battery life ... It all varies with how you use tasker and what your profiles do !

Sent from my Oneplus 6T
13th January 2020, 11:30 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cueball666uk

Tasker itself is negligible on battery life ... It all varies with how you use tasker and what your profiles do !

what profiles drain battery?
13th January 2020, 11:30 AM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cueball666uk

which profiles drain the battery?
13th January 2020, 11:32 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
For instance if you use a profile that asks for location via GPS a lot then that would obviously use more battery

Sent from my Oneplus 6T
The Following User Says Thank You to Cueball666uk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cueball666uk Ad-Free
13th January 2020, 02:35 PM |#6  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 2,688

More
There have been several discussions on the power demand of the logcat event on various Tasker groups. It summed up as, Tasker doesn't make anymore demand than the OS does, since it piggybacks onto the system.

In the Tasker user guide, power usage, is a list of contexts in increasing power demand. If you pair a power demand context with a much demand (e.g. time of day with gps location) you can minimize the drain
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)