FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Tasker - SecureTask is not starting

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Marienkaefer, Junior Member on 4th November 2019, 06:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

I'm going crazy here.... I've installed Tasker on my new Lenovo Tab M7 TB-7305F (7 Inch with Android 9.0 GO - NOT rooted). Tasker works fine. Since I want to kill apps I installed the plugin "SecureTask". And: I succeeded to get it working. Everyting is working fine. Until I reboot. After a reboot: When I try Tasker to execute the plugin-command SecureTask - Tasker waits long and can't execute the plugin. It seems Tasker can't call the plugin SecureTask / can't connect to it. When I manually load SecureTask (Icon on the desktop - only a config-screen comes up - I leave the config-screen with the back-button): After that everything works again. It seems: After SecureTask was loaded once everything is OK. But Tasker can't start the plugin.
Humpf? After a lot of hours of investigating..... I'm out of ideas. Any help?
4th November 2019, 08:57 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2,363

More
That sounds like there's a problem getting a background process running after boot for SecureTask. Assuming that all of the permissions for SecureTask have been granted through ADB, I would contact the developer and see what he says.

A work around might be to use Tasker to launch SecureTask after boot. You could then use it to close itself
4th November 2019, 09:16 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Thanks... exactly the opinion I have at the moment. In the meantime I found a contact address in SecureTask itself - so I will contact the developer.
Enabling SecureTask after boot by Tasker.... good idea That will be a screen-flickering... but that's at 5 am - so nobody will care about that. I will test this...
10th November 2019, 08:42 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Just to report my efforts.... I contacted the support of SecureTask - and got an email-chat within minutes. Incredible support - thank's a lot, John Doe (support of SecureTask)!!!
He told me how to get a logcat. Reason, why it's not working:

BroadcastQueue: TabletMaster Service: not allowed to launch app com.balda.securetask/10110 for broadcast Intent { act=com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.action.FIRE_S ETTING flg=0x14 cmp=com.balda.securetask/.receivers.FireReceiver (has extras) }

=> The OS is blocking the broadcast. No clue why. So it seems my Lenovo Tab M7 TB-7305F has a strange behaviour... no chance to get it working.

Btw: Killing SecureTask with it's own didn't work. So I had to choose now a complete different approach without SecureTask.
The Following User Says Thank You to Marienkaefer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Marienkaefer Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)